PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT All Mugen 3.0R chip owners

modarr
23-06-2005, 07:00 PM
This applies to everyone who bought the 3.0R Mugen chips.
I have found that the chip raises the rev limit well beyond the 8000rpm mark and would not want to be the one who found out where the limit is, if there is one. Since the chips came with no details on the mapping other than the bhp rise, I think it is imperative that we all watch the red line and do not risk over revving the engine.
I myself will probably look at fitting a cheap change up light to warn me when I need to change up.

If this disgruntles anyone please pm me.

Mo

PS Could forum admin make this a sticky post for a while please?

Kevin
24-06-2005, 04:43 PM
I think its OK. Although its possible to overrev while accelerating, its not difficult to avoid either if you watch the clocks. Over-revving while downshifting, either by selecting the wrong gear, or changing gear too early, is going to be a bigger problem.

I have bounced the engine off the rev limiter early in my track driving days, but now I know that getting the best time round a track, is not because of revving the nuts off the engine.

The Dali smart-shift light is cheap to buy. I have one but not fitted it yet.

osiris_x11
26-06-2005, 12:43 PM
hmmm... I am planning to install the Mugen C3.0 NSX-R chip I acquired from Mo' later this week, finally! I'm just awaiting delivery of some aftermarket parts (fabricated headers/manifold, JDM exhaust, intake-scoop/filter). I am planning to participate in a Dyno session during our annual NSX TEXPO which will be held in Houston July 15-17. I'll of-course relay the results accordingly to those who care to see.

As far as the 'raised' redline, I spoke w/ Detlef of ProCars in Germany awhile back & he stated that the engine rpm's are increased to 8500 w/ such an ECU chip. I am now also thinking of fabricating a rev-limiter LED to alert me at 8400-8500 rpm's. Of-course ideally I'll still shift at 7900-8000 majority of the time (more than likely 99% of the time).

Minch
26-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Hi, I'm still looking for one of these Mugen chips. Does anyone know who has one for sale?

Also, once I get my hands on one I should be able to get as many copies as we need through an old collegue of mine so it will benefit all of us who desire one of these chips!!!!