PDA

View Full Version : First day above freezing (in the North) - out with the sponge etc

howellr
15-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Hello Folks,

As I said on my post under NSX Prices (Page 3).

...washed the car and now knackered.

But still had enuf energy to sneak out the camera without being told that I'm a saddo for taking pics of my NSX !

simonprelude
15-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Looks good, only managed to do the S2000 and Mercedes today, might have a go at the NSX tomorrow.

TheSebringOne
15-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Looks great fellow NW NSXer! :thumbsup:

Strange, your holes in your zorst tips look a bit hexagonish? Not sure if its my eyes are deceiving me?

Senninha
15-01-2009, 09:40 PM
might have a go at the NSX tomorrow. That cheered me up, I needed a laugh right now :laugh:;)

howellr
15-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Well, I've never taken my school ruler to them to check but they should be round - I guess it could be the camera lens going a bit wonkey when I tried to get down for the low shot - I had already hand-done the wheels by then, so getting down low twice was a bit too much !

Actually, when I finished cleaning it, I popped out to "dry the brakes" and some bugger splashed me with a puddle going the other way and also the air intakes were almost as mucky as when I first took the sponge to the car by the time I had taken it round the block - so I wiped it again.

A new wash leather is required too - mine has more holes than Carnoustie golf course.

I doubt if I'll attend Silverstone unless someone can tell me there will be truck loads of chicks to look at. It's a bit boring looking at 'other' cars for two days.

Rod

AR
15-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Good effort.

This time of the year I make a point of washing the NSX everytime is out which is 3 times a week on average. I live in the sticks so when I return the car is covered in all sort of crap, sometimes even horse crap!

Cheers,

AR

TheSebringOne
15-01-2009, 11:08 PM
You could go for just a day, to celebrate 20 year birthday of the introduction of NSX to the world and I'm sure there will be plenty of chicks! :D Where theres special cars = chicks! ;)

simonprelude
16-01-2009, 08:24 AM
That cheered me up, I needed a laugh right now :laugh:;)

You mean this dirty thing ??

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/3061266456_63fa5b2eae_b.jpg

Senninha
16-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Is it bob-a-job week around your way? :laugh:

Looks nice and that photo proves one thing .... your BBS rims need to be lighter in color!

Regards, Paul

howellr
16-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Hmmm.

You made me recall a good moment soon after I had got the car, when two yoofs in a corsa pulled up next to me at some lights. The car had a great (gleaming) set of normal coloured (compared to ours) alloys.

He wound down the darkened windows and said to me, "cool car mate but why don't you get some decent wheels for it ?" and then he burned me off. His babe (in the back, of course) was clearly impressed with his command of wit as I could see her teeth smiling through the rear darkened windows.

You don't get that sort of interaction when you drive a 911, that's for sure.

As well as a shiny set of wheels, I bet he had a better stereo than me too !

Have a good week-end cleaning your cars !

dan the man
23-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Yes every NSX requires a set of 19 inch chromed spinnerz