PDA

View Full Version : Is an NSX lower than a Ferrari 360 modena See TEXT

AR
20-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Hi guys this is not an NSX vs. Ferrari thread, but rather a give a hand thread.

I bought a 99 V reg 3.2 manual and will pick it up hopefully tomorrow or wednesday. I live in a nice waterfront development, and we have speed bumps on the roads. One of my neighborgs had a 360 modena and he had no problems with the speed bumps. Hence my question, if the 360 was able to make it will the NSX be OK too, or will I have to carry a couple of planks of wood in the trunk ???

BTW a noble M12 scraped the heck out of the front splitter area getting thru the same bumps, but it look quite low and my Father in laws E55 AMG has no problems going thru them.

Som if any of you have an idea please let me know as I am stressing a bit over this.

Cheers

AR

BrownBear
21-06-2005, 07:16 AM
I think you should be OK - I can drive mine over most of the speedbumps I come across - never had a problem yet (I have to slow to a virtual halt for some of them though).

The ones to worry about are the mini-humps - the ones with a hump in the middle of the lane but nothing on either side. Have to make sure I go over these with the wheels for fear of the hump taking the splitter off..

Good Luck - I'm sure it'll be fine.

MattS
21-06-2005, 07:44 AM
We've got humps on our local road and I've not had a problem. Just take it slow! Oh, and congratulations!

trackdemon
21-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Excellent choice! What colour?

Just been to LM with a group of mates including 2 360's - I had no more issues clearing speed humps than they did so no, shouldn't be a problem. I can also confirm that a 360 is only *marginally* quicker than my 3.0 below 130mph :D

AR
21-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Well is refreshing to know that I won't have to invest in a pair of carbon fibre ramps to carry with me at all times.

BTW it's Imola Orange Pearl.

swlabhot
27-06-2005, 08:57 AM
You should be OK. I always tackle speed humps by going in at an angle just in case. This should do the trick on most humps bar the mountain ones..

and congrats on your new X. I'm sure you'll have many years of motoring enjoyment in your X :D

Rob_Fenn
13-07-2005, 12:46 PM
The 360 has a longer front overhang than the NSX, i saw one in London crawling over some higher ground whereas the NSX takes speedbumps without a problem.

-Rob