PDA

View Full Version : OEM stereo

swlabhot
16-06-2005, 03:38 PM
How much would a 2nd hand one cost? or how much is it worth?

BrownBear
16-06-2005, 03:42 PM
It's worth more than an exhaust!

My dash clock played up on me and I was quoted £420 to replace it :shock:, so I bet the stereo has to be 4 figures..

Maybe second-hand would be much less - I'd see what they go for on Prime (beat you too it, Ivor!) and then price about the same, since someone will just import it from the US if it's twice as much...

At a guess, I'd reckon it's probably worth £3-400. JMO

swlabhot
16-06-2005, 04:12 PM
I realise that they are pretty steep but fact is why would anyone pay so much for a POS stereo when they can get a state of the art digital unit for about the same price or less?

So you reckon I would be able flog it off for about 3-400?

I also have the oem CD changer.. Worth a spot in the History museum as far as I'm concern, and it weighs a bloody ton!

glenlewis
16-06-2005, 06:38 PM
I just junked oem stereo, oem speakers, oem amps, oem cd and oem subs.
In the bin.
Oh well, the new one allows me to watch Father Ted on the way to work so who cares :lol: :lol:

Kevin
17-06-2005, 08:39 PM
US radios aren't quite the same as UK ones.

The FM doesn't have RDS if I remember right, and the cassette flap will say ACURA.

New from Honda they are indeed in the four figure price. It's either a grand or three grand, can't remember which.

With my new centre console (with no cutout for radio) a day away, I may not keep my radio.

slieve_croob
17-06-2005, 09:17 PM
My OEM radio & speakers are giving problems.

Can you advise where I can source alternative non OEM alternatives, and do they readily fit??

Slieve_Croob

jaytip
18-06-2005, 06:04 PM
new from honda,they are silly money,something like £3500.

Nice one Joe,yeah i have been mentioning prime a little to often on here lately havn't i :oops:

ctrlaltdelboy
18-06-2005, 07:08 PM
I recently sold mine to a nsxcb'er for £100 + postage

seemed the right price for a fully working 2nd hand unit