PDA

View Full Version : Dali replacement seat cushions

DamianW
16-06-2005, 08:26 AM
The one Darren mentions in the NSX Track day thread. Has anyone tried them? I wonder if they're easy to fit, and more importantly is the original cushion easy to remove and refit?

Kevin
16-06-2005, 05:29 PM
The seat is quite comfortable without replacing the base with a Dali cushion, if you're going to drive on a smooth circuit only.

To remove the seat cushion isn't too hard but slightly nerve racking. The clips that hold the front of the cushion on are really tight, and I tore some part of the leather pulling them out. It can't be seen though. Then the clips at the back are a pain. The cushion has patches of glue holding the foam in place.

I took mine out, and it worked fine. The side bolsters are really deep with the cushion out. The base of the seat is a ali pan, with holes.

I drobe like this once, but then though it looks a bit cheap for a nice car like this so, got the racing seats instead.

NSXGOD
27-06-2005, 05:25 AM
The one Darren mentions in the NSX Track day thread. Has anyone tried them? I wonder if they're easy to fit, and more importantly is the original cushion easy to remove and refit?

yes & yes - JMO of course:

8)

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/info/seat_removal.cfm