PDA

View Full Version : Removing AIRCON system

Sudesh
13-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Just wondering how difficult a job this would be and has anyone any info on doing it? What are the weight saving gains on removing it?

NSXGB
13-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Look at the thread about Darrens car, a few pointers in there....

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=501

goldnsx
14-12-2008, 11:58 AM
What are the weight saving gains on removing it?

20 kg at most.

Senninha
14-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi Sudesh,

I would have a good think about this particular mod before you do it. There are a couple of owners that have done the same only to regret it on the summer runs when the cabon gets VERY hot.

I'm guessing that like many of us the intention is that the NSX is a keeper for you, but should that ever change, IMO, you would be seriously restricting the potential market (even if you keep all the bits in a box)

Just my thoughts

Regards, Paul

Sudesh
16-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi Paul

Yeah I have considered all those points and as you mentioned, I plan on keeping this NSX, well that’s the plan anyway unless something drastic happens!
My thinking is slightly different however. Here in Ireland we don’t really get too warm of a Summer and to be honest I never really used the AC. I’m also thinking that if I keep going down the NSX-R route that, with the Recaro seats and Alcantara interior the cabin may not be as warm as with the all black leather interior? Plus I don’t use my NSX that often either.
But those are all good pointers you mentioned so will give it some real serious thought first.