View Full Version : Nsx-r???? Not!!

Sudesh
11-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Just came accross this: lol

http://www.midlandautosworld.com/cardetail.asp?carid=3465#

AR
12-12-2008, 01:36 AM
I wonder if it is a 3.6.

Got to love the red detail of the engine bay.

Cheers,

AR

NSXGB
12-12-2008, 07:54 AM
....just checked my calender....nope, not April 1st....:dunno:

simonprelude
12-12-2008, 08:52 AM
We have decided to introduce a new rule concerning cars for sale.
Comments on cars for sale, that are not your own are banned. Whether the comments are positive or negative it doesn't matter.
There have been incidents recently where comments have been made about cars for sale, which can be neither verified or disproved. This website, the club, and the people that run it, can't be put in an awkward position because of these public comments. It may seem like a public service to point out cars with a 'history', but it remains buyer beware when purchasing a used car. The For Sale section for the time being is being moderated, so that replies will not show until approved, to make sure threads stay on topic.

NSXGB
12-12-2008, 11:08 AM
We have decided to introduce a new rule concerning cars for sale.
Comments on cars for sale, that are not your own are banned. Whether the comments are positive or negative it doesn't matter.
There have been incidents recently where comments have been made about cars for sale, which can be neither verified or disproved. This website, the club, and the people that run it, can't be put in an awkward position because of these public comments. It may seem like a public service to point out cars with a 'history', but it remains buyer beware when purchasing a used car. The For Sale section for the time being is being moderated, so that replies will not show until approved, to make sure threads stay on topic.

:rolleyes:

WhyOne?
12-12-2008, 11:45 AM
But the car is not advertised on nsxcb (is it?)

Therefore surely fair game?!

simonprelude
12-12-2008, 11:46 AM

No idea, some of the others weren't either................ ??

markdas
12-12-2008, 11:54 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
really? surely its not too disturbing to air our opinions as NSX owners on matter regarding NSX's, especially ones that are clearly bags of crap like that one? whats with the single exhaust? And 50K...yeah right.

Kevin
12-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Fine, I'll amend the rules to say cars advertised anywhere.

However in this instance I let the comments stand, as AR said ' I wonder if it is a 3.6.'

That is a question, and a legitimate one considering the advert's claim.

TheQuietOne
12-12-2008, 12:17 PM
I've called and left a message to find out more. This is quite close so intrigued...

markdas
12-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Yes would be good understand what Midland Autos think they have there....I was going to ask if you thought it was in the country yet.....but looking at the background, looks like the garage is trading on imports of various styles and qualities??? I am struggling to understand their pricing policy for that car though.....just my opinion....

NSXGB
12-12-2008, 12:56 PM

Indeed....I would hate to see someone get ripped off £35000+ more than they should for that car.

Wasn't it up for sale a while back?

Kevin
12-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Well yes, but if someone is that stoopid to not check how much a really nice condition 2005 model is from a Honda main dealer, and spends 50k on this example, well they are probably too stoopid to have 50k in the first place.

AR
12-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Indeed....I would hate to see someone get ripped off £35000+ more than they should for that car.

Wasn't it up for sale a while back?

The car does look familiar, it seems to have some Nordic writing on the side.

By the looks of it is a post 1997 but pre 2001 car.

It is certainly unique!

Sudesh
12-12-2008, 01:27 PM
I did see the notice about cars for sale, but as said it was about cars in the for sale section! So didnt think there was any harm. Plus as this yellow thing is just waaaaaaaay out there I couldnt resist in posting about it. and at £50,000 too!!

Kevin
12-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Read more carefully. There is nothing about cars having to be in the For Sale section.
:rolleyes:

I did see the notice about cars for sale, but as said it was about cars in the for sale section! So didnt think there was any harm. Plus as this yellow thing is just waaaaaaaay out there I couldnt resist in posting about it. and at £50,000 too!!

Sudesh
12-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Sorry then,

I was goin by:

"The For Sale section" for the time being is being moderated, so that replies will not show until approved, to make sure threads stay on topic.

NSXGB
12-12-2008, 06:58 PM

By the looks of it is a post 1997 but pre 2001 car.

It is certainly unique!

I'd be tempted to suggest that it was closer to a 1994 car as it has the engine bay fan that was discontinued in '95....but admittedly could have been added at a later date.

Sudesh
12-12-2008, 07:13 PM
I'd be tempted to suggest that it was closer to a 1994 car as it has the engine bay fan that was discontinued in '95....but admittedly could have been added at a later date.

Yeah I would agree with that!

I cant see anyone installing the fan on a car that didnt have it, most people wouldnt even know about that change and as far I as I know, the later cars dont even have the socket for the fan.

I wonder did Mat get a reply from the garage yet?

AR
12-12-2008, 07:13 PM

Could be, I was going by the engine and gearbox, but you are right abot that extra fan.

Let's wait for Matt to get an answer.

Sudesh
12-12-2008, 07:18 PM

Ary it says on the side: A & N BILVARD . MOTIVE LACKERING

Monaco92
13-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Just wanted to say I have seen this car and met the owner.
The owner seems like a nice fellow.;)

eclipse1501
13-12-2008, 04:47 PM
"Comments on cars for sale, that are not your own are banned. Whether the comments are positive or negative it doesn't matter" FORUM ADMIN.

Although its unenforecable, is this rule not to be taken seriously then? Only its taking up a third of my computer screen.

NSXGB
13-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Just wanted to say I have seen this car and met the owner.
The owner seems like a nice fellow.;)

Can you shed any more light on it? :)

Monaco92
13-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Can you shed any more light on it? :)

I will try and describe the car as I saw it. But mods If you feel this is overstepping the mark then please feel free to delete.

I met the guy in town , I wasn't driving the nsx. Anyway I went over and asked to see the car and he was most obliging.

Have to say the respray was done to a decent standard the only problem imho. was that the black gloss parts at the top of the doors etc were also painted over. The 2002 conversion looked ok too. The colour in the engine bay was red. I was told it was a 3.2 6speed but the interior was not perforated and door cards were not the later type. There was no claim of type-r at any time. Hope that sheds some light.

markdas
14-12-2008, 01:41 AM
50k..............???