PDA

View Full Version : MPG

tommy
14-06-2005, 07:37 PM
it cost me about £37 to drive from dorset to newcastle on tyne in my NSX, and the same trip in my CR-V cost about £57, the CR-V is an auto though, both are 05 reg, the distance is almost exactly 350 mls, and both traveling at 75/80mph. if someone had of told me that the NSX would be cheaper to drive up i would not have believed them.

NSXGB
15-06-2005, 03:27 AM
I bought my NSX from a place near Coventry and drove it back to Crawley in Sussex. It was a mare of a journey coming round the M25 but I managed 32 mpg, quite respectable.

trackdemon
15-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Can honestly say my NSX is no thirstier than our Cooper S

Paul
15-07-2005, 08:53 PM
I've never managed 32mpg, but then again my feet are quite large and heavy! If I'm good I can get 25mpg from a tankful of optimax/ultimate which combines local trips and short motorway jaunts. Even if I was good I think 30mpg might be atainable, but mine is a Japanese import and has slightly different gearing from the UK versions.

I know that it is possible to get as little as 14mpg, which would be good for anything as sleek as the NSX on the road wearing a prancing horse. But, my 14mpg session was done tearing round bedford autodrome all day. I expect you could half that figure if you took your prancing horse out on the track and drove it hard.