PDA

View Full Version : Clear side repeaters installed - 5 mins tops :)

Ewan
06-12-2008, 03:18 PM
I know this won't be news to the old hands on the board, but for any new joiners, here's an account of adding the clear side repeaters + Silvertec bulbs that I was prompted to buy from Dan at DTA, in his Christmas sale (http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=5631&highlight=repeaters):D (£17.53 incl P&P, bargain!)

Before:
If I'm honest, the orange covers never really bothered me... but for £18...

Looks cleaner now, I think... direct comparison of the brightness of the blink is that it's not quite as good as the stock ones, but it gets the job done...

Ewan

Silver Surfer
07-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Well done!! Each to their own taste.

For my red car...I like my repeaters to be orange.
For a silver/black or blue car...clear repeaters look better.

Just my opinion that's all. ;)

SS

NSXGB
07-12-2008, 08:54 AM
You can also get a smoke grey which I think would look good on maybe darker cars.

AR
07-12-2008, 08:58 AM
I think is one of the easiest mods to the NSX and it really updates the car.

Cheers,

AR

Lankstarr
07-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Orange bothers me gGRrrrrgrr

If you've not done this mod then sort it out:laugh:

My biggest grips is the orange dimples on the NSX-R... Fusilov, if your reading this it's a great present for your brother!

Thanks,

Luke

JP825
07-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Does anyone have a pic on a LBB 02 car with these clear repeaters?

I am still unsure about them:undecided:

Lankstarr
07-12-2008, 09:55 AM
The only thing I'd say about the later cars are that they already have the orange in the front and rear lights. I don;t know what Honda were thinking putting those eggs in the rear lights as I think they're awful and outdated!

IF there was a way to do the repeaters, the front lenses and the rears... deorange the lot... then it would look great!

No pics sorry, but the only colour I'm not sure it would look better on is IOP... orange and blue don;t really go!

L*

Lankstarr
07-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Ewan,

I'd say great job, but you really should have been more careful with that screwdriver.

Did you leave the bulbs amber? You can get silver ones that flash amber so you can't see the orange through the clear lenses.

cheers,

Luke

PS - if you want to wind anyone up over Xmas then take a thread of duct tape and stick it in a staright line on their car... looks just like a nasty keying until they get really close. IMO it's very funny!!:laugh::laugh: I'm so childish:laugh:

Lankstarr
07-12-2008, 10:04 AM

Does this help?

amo
07-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Does this help?

lol lol
you the man **** man your kid do that for you

lol
thx amo

Sudesh
07-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Well done!! Each to their own taste.

For my red car...I like my repeaters to be orange.
For a silver/black or blue car...clear repeaters look better.

Just my opinion that's all. ;)

SS

I agree with that! I'm not a fan of the clear side repeater on the red car either, sticks out like a sore thumb! But as said each to their own!

Sudesh
07-12-2008, 02:13 PM

These any help?

Lankstarr
07-12-2008, 04:03 PM
lol lol
you the man **** man your kid do that for you

lol
thx amo

Glad someone appreciated it... took me hours;)

Gotta disagree with you other guys... orange and red looks awful! Maybe red
repeaters would be better but clear IMO is defitely up there... none of the newer cars have orange repeaters... at least none of the newer cars that look any good! The orange bits on the 5 series have always annoyed me. Off for a rant in the moan moan moan section now, thanks for winding me up:angry:

L*

TheSebringOne
07-12-2008, 04:14 PM
As mentioned already, you can re fresh & go a bit more modern with clear lenses, but do they suit all colours? Or like me keep it OEM. Just my 2p

07-12-2008, 07:11 PM
I have just fitted the clear lenses bought from Dan, and have to say for me i am very happy they are not orange anymore :)

...and as Ewan said...did take me too long.

Andy

JP825
08-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks guys I think I will leave it stadnard for now:)

Ewan
08-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Ewan,

I'd say great job, but you really should have been more careful with that screwdriver.

Did you leave the bulbs amber? You can get silver ones that flash amber so you can't see the orange through the clear lenses.

cheers,

Luke

PS - if you want to wind anyone up over Xmas then take a thread of duct tape and stick it in a staright line on their car... looks just like a nasty keying until they get really close. IMO it's very funny!! I'm so childish

Ho ho, ho... looks like I must have taken a run-up with the screwdriver to detach the old covers

I didn't leave the bulb amber - (Dan's covers come with Silvertec bulbs), but I took the picture whilst it was flashing so probably caught a bit of residual light - the next pic on the burst mode of the camera had the flash going...

On the duct tape line, we did that to someone's car at Le Mans last year...

She'd got a brand new TT Roadster and woke up the next morning practically screaming the place down. Fortunately, the first thing that happens when you see a scratch, is you wet your finger and go to rub it... at which point the duct strand comes off :)

Lankstarr
08-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Can you imagine if that scratch was for real?

Your poor key would be covered in all that nasty Audi paint:laugh:

L*