PDA

View Full Version : Allowing outsiders to post about other 'meets'

Kevin
24-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Who here likes seeing the posts that other people make about meetings?

I'm specifically referring to the type of posts where someone who doesn't have an NSX, joins the site here, just to post about their car park meet somewhere in a shopping centre.

Do you still want to see these posts, or would you prefer an admin remove them? It's not like anyone here is that interested in going to them, and if they did you would be searching out these meetings and going along anyway.

We are trying to keep the events section next year clearer so that members can focus on official NSXCB events, and hopefully we will get better turn out to them.

Silver Surfer
24-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Agreed....cut them out unless someone with an NSX post the meet for them.

SS :cool:

AR
24-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Who needs those posts???

I think that perhaps you guys should also set a minimun number of posts before people can post for sale ads.

Cheers,

Ary

Lankstarr
24-11-2008, 02:40 PM
I agree about the for sale ads BUT

Regarding meets most of these posters are HOnda or Japanese car enthusiasts that would like to see NSXs at the meets they organise. People have turned up tp them in the past so there is obviously demand for them.

I haven;t attended any and wouldn;t be likely to but the option should be there in case people want it.

L*

eclipse1501
24-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Is the result based on proportional representation or just a majority vote, then made law? Iam joking, but on another public forum vote note - do you know Wikipedia have decided by private vote to do away with the use of the word supercar - because a few Micra drivers who are charged with editing believe anything without a mathematical formula has no "encyclopedic" value. They even cited recent edits on the NSX, MC12 and MClaren F1 as reasons that the term should be dropped forever due to lack of consensus.

As for other road users posting news of their meetings here on NSXCB in an off-topic type area for example - I see no harm in that. I did see the word bigot used here recently by admin which jumps to mind if the pub lounge is only left open to certain drinkers.

NSX 2000
24-11-2008, 03:04 PM
I agree about the for sale ads BUT

Regarding meets most of these posters are HOnda or Japanese car enthusiasts that would like to see NSXs at the meets they organise. People have turned up tp them in the past so there is obviously demand for them.

I haven;t attended any and wouldn;t be likely to but the option should be there in case people want it.

L*

I can't believe it but I'm going to agree with Luke. Plus I will admit to going to one of these events, in the last 3 years. Also these only tend to be 1 a month posts.

Paul.

Lankstarr
24-11-2008, 03:38 PM
I can't believe it but I'm going to agree with Luke. Plus I will admit to going to one of these events, in the last 3 years. Also these only tend to be 1 a month posts.

Paul.

You must feel strongly to agree with me;)

I don;t want people to think of the forum as a bunch of guys that think they are above the meets of lesser cars. These people that post all have a common interest to us and some may indeed end up owning an NSX. I think we should be putting out the right message and showing off our P&J's to other like minded enthusiasts that may one day want to consider buying an NSX.

L*

AR
24-11-2008, 05:29 PM
You must feel strongly to agree with me;)

I don;t want people to think of the forum as a bunch of guys that think they are above the meets of lesser cars. These people that post all have a common interest to us and some may indeed end up owning an NSX. I think we should be putting out the right message and showing off our P&J's to other like minded enthusiasts that may one day want to consider buying an NSX.

L*

Must be the fact that I have not driven my car since September, that has soured my mood.

TheQuietOne
24-11-2008, 08:00 PM
As for other road users posting news of their meetings here on NSXCB in an off-topic type area for example - I see no harm in that. I did see the word bigot used here recently by admin which jumps to mind if the pub lounge is only left open to certain drinkers.

I think that if people want to put their time into running this site they should get some majority of say when opinions have been cast. Kevin runs the site for nothing and I'm not sure your joke is in the best taste here Paul. Let's not slip back to your v.6. posts please...:rolleyes:

AR
24-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Since my car is still in bits I will voice my frustrations.

This is an NSX forum.

What is the point of cluttering the NSX Meets with other car meets unless it includes an NSX convoy???

With regards to some of the sale posts, they really disgust me, we get all sort of people coming here only to post things for sale!

I know is a lot of work, but perhaps the for sale ads should be pre approved.

BlueNSX
24-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Chaps,

I agree with both Luke and Paul, and perhaps it would make sense to put these "non official NSX" meets in their own section. Just in case one pops up that may be appealing. Also we need to promote the brand and maintain a friendly profile, It will help the club grow and maintain a stronger resale vale for the marque.

I'm sure we would all like to maintain higher asking prices due to desirability, therefore being able to purchase the new model when it finally arrives.

HTH

ps like the revolving pics on the forum webpage.

mutley
25-11-2008, 10:02 AM
I'll just through my hat into the ring here aswell. Now I have been to a couple of Honda meets up in Scotland and there was one where I made a few phone calls and got 4 NSX's to turn up.

But I don't think that this site is the best place to advertise such meets unless there is a section devoted to "other car/ Japanese car meets"

It has already been said that there are a lot of sites on the web for other car enthusiasts to arrange meets. It is true that youdo get the chav element turning up, but they are not all like that.

Jim

NSX 2000
25-11-2008, 10:34 AM
I'll just through my hat into the ring here aswell. Now I have been to a couple of Honda meets up in Scotland and there was one where I made a few phone calls and got 4 NSX's to turn up.

But I don't think that this site is the best place to advertise such meets unless there is a section devoted to "other car/ Japanese car meets"

It has already been said that there are a lot of sites on the web for other car enthusiasts to arrange meets. It is true that youdo get the chav element turning up, but they are not all like that.

Jim

Jim, my wife tells me that you don't have chavs in Scotland but you do get the odd Sassenach or Teuchter.
Paul.

mutley
25-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Jim, my wife tells me that you don't have chavs in Scotland but you do get the odd Sassenach or Teuchter.
Paul.

Aye well there are plenty of them too!!

As for the Chavs, up there we call them Neds.

Jim

NSXGB
25-11-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm personally not bothered by the posts, there haven't been that many to worry about have there? You can either read them, or ignore them, easy.

eclipse1501
07-12-2008, 05:09 PM
I think that if people want to put their time into running this site they should get some majority of say when opinions have been cast. Kevin runs the site for nothing and I'm not sure your joke is in the best taste here Paul. Let's not slip back to your v.6. posts please...:rolleyes:

Sorry Ive not been online for a while ....but in reply please dont take that point I made wrong only I do strongly believe, as an author of a few bits myself, when you launch any "public" forum the minute it goes live you have to cut the cord and it then belongs to its members;otherwise its called a "club" and All The President's Men call the shots as you suggest. As both a proprietor and moderator Ive actually banned members from public forums myself - but looking back I think I was wrong. BTW before reading your reply I actually paid some subs! I also totally deny being V6 (damn who gave me up then?)