PDA

View Full Version : Speaker amp question....

NSXGB
22-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Searched but could not find the answer to my question....

Are the door speakers 'handed'?

I bought a new amp from Bose a few years ago to repair the passenger side and they sent me two. The drivers side has now started to pop, so as I had the doors apart I thought I'd use up my spare amp, guessing they'd be the same. However, one is marked Kappa SU Front' and the other has 'Kappa SF front'. So want to make 100% before changing.

Any ideas?

jonathanolney
23-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi Simon, I don't know the answer but I am sure that briank@nsxe-repair.com does!

If you have have not dealt with him before he is incredibly knowledgeable, decent & responds instantly to email.
I have had intermittent climate control problems since the time you helped with the CCU board repair. I had one of his exchange boards subsequently & 2 years later suspected it might be faulty again, Brian send me another board to try & paid the shipping! Of course it was not his repair that was at fault but turned out to be the fans control unit (Brian's suggestion) & thanks for the replacement unit Amo.

Regards,

John

NSXGB
23-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks John, I've mailed him the question. . .

sparky
24-11-2008, 08:23 AM
If you mean the whole speaker box, they are different - mirror images of each other. But if you're talking about the components in the doors speaker boxes, i.e. speakers themselves, amps, wiring... they are identical, so u could swap components.

Only last week I plugged a RHS drivers door speaker box into LHS door wiring to test it. It worked, but this was only a temporary test because I already had the door trim off that side - but the speaker box was hanging at an odd angle, and there's no way it could have been be fitted permanently to LHS door, and vice versa.

NSXGB
24-11-2008, 09:07 AM
....yes, I was just talking about the speaker amps.

BrianK also confirmed that the amps are identical even though I had different part numbers...

sparky
24-11-2008, 09:54 AM
he's a good chap, that BrianK