PDA

View Full Version : Do you know this car??

Sudesh
12-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Hi all,

Seen this NSX for sale a few times N6 NSX its a Manual 1996 Midnight Purple Targa. Think it was previously Lightly damaged. Anyway, it was up for sale for around £16.000 but I've noticed that's it back on the autotrader website again, get this!!! £35.000!!!! What is the deal with this car?? You can see it here at http://www.mercurysportscars.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=20530&pageid=1

Thats another strange thing, the website is Mercury Sports Cars, but the company calls themselves Eclipse Sports Cars??

jaytip
13-06-2005, 04:22 AM
I think you may be on about two different cars.The one in the link does not look like a targa to me :?:
Edit: Forget what i said above,i was looking at the car below it :oops:
I knew i shouldn't be posting at this time of the morning(i havn'twoken up properly yet!!)

BrownBear
13-06-2005, 07:16 AM
What is the deal with this car??

Well, you'd need to phone them up to find out :lol:

You're right though, I thought that this was up for ~18ish a couple of weeks ago as well..

Sudesh
13-06-2005, 08:05 AM
It was up for £18ish then dropped to £16. I seen it for sale last year by the same people!! It's a Targa alright, that purplre color only came in Targa.

Sagacitas
13-06-2005, 08:51 AM
I would be very wary. I remember seeing the same company selling the same black NSX almost a year ago. The advertisement of it stopped some 6 months back.

i only noticed that the car was back up for sale by following the link you provided.

Richard

Sudesh
13-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Yeah your right about that as well. That black NSX wasn't on the dealers website yeterday when I was looking at the Targa car but , I have seen the black NSX for sale by them before as well. On talking to them today the guy told me that the purple targa car is a different car from the last one???? DONT THINK SO!!! :? Its's the same color, happens to be a manual targa which was the same, same year, same wheels, same plate, same spec and it so happens to be the exact same photos!!! (what are the odds of that happening) :?: Only difference is, they have deleted, one of the photos, which was a picture they copied, of an American NSX sitting outside a lovely house in the golden sun with the original alloys. VERY VERY VERY STRANGE are these cars............... :?

Flinty
13-06-2005, 01:18 PM
I know a guy who viewed this car 3-4 weeks back. It almost put him off NSX's completely.

Re-stating his words quite carefully....I believe it may be worth avoiding.
The outside looks tidy, but you need to be aware IF it is a Cat D write off, has electrical problems - central locking and others, wouldnt start (even with a days notice of a viewing), the dealer couldnt even offer a test drive.

I have heard murmurings on previous threads of this dealer not being 100% up front with their NSX's and certainly not overly friendly in general terms, but i could not comment. Buyer beware and all that. :roll:

IMO, if the car was up for less than £15k, it may be worth a good look. If the repair can be substantiated and the SH is complete, then it could be a good fun car if you're prepared to work on it, but it will be expensive to bring up to scratch and re-sale will always be a big problem.

Flinty

Sudesh
13-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Well it's good to see that I'm not the only one to spot this very strange NSX. I was slightly tempted when it was £16.000 and was going to try and get it for less but since seeing it back up for sale again at a £35.000 and a very dodgy story from the dealer and your post, I'm not interested. Thought it was a good buy for a 96 Targa manual but there is something not quite right. :?