PDA

View Full Version : The life of Senna & what if?

TheSebringOne
18-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Just started reading The life of Senna book, what struck me & saddens me deeply is " but what if "?

He visted Tamburello concerned about safety 2 months prior & questioned its lack of a tyre wall

After the Ratzenberger accident, he didn't want to race until Frank Williams changed his mind

He wasn't himself mentally & emotionally in the build up

Sid Watkins told Senna not to race at Imola after Razenberger's death & to retire

All the drivers were to meet about safety at the next race at Monte Carlo

He was planning his life after F1 with his many buiness interest

He was planning to commit his life to his new girlfriend

Interesting how the master would have cope with Schumey in those early days?

How many great years have been lost, more great races & more championships? What if.

simonprelude
18-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Well hopefully Bruno will keep the memory going, I think he is due a Honda trial soon, if he hasn't already had it.

TheSebringOne
19-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I hope he does ok, not sure if he will ever be in the same league as his late great uncle. I hope the pressure does'nt get to him with the surname.

simonprelude
19-11-2008, 10:00 PM
I hope he does ok, not sure if he will ever be in the same league as his late great uncle. I hope the pressure does'nt get to him with the surname.

Ayrton Senna, who once said: "If you think I'm good, you should see my nephew."

AR
20-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Is not just a corner mate.

After doing some reading I think is obvious that something failed in the steering. Either the power steering or the column.

There is the helmet argument, but that would be pointless in such an impact.

Also if Schumacher Benetton did have the banned traction control and launch control Senna would not have had to push his car so much.

Too many variables.