PDA

View Full Version : Lost in translation

Papalazarou
16-11-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm thinking of doing some small mods to the car and stumbled across this site. I love the translations! But also , what do people think of the front and rear bumpers?

http://www.route-ks.com/shop/zaz_rgt_e.html

Cheers,

James.

Silver Surfer
16-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Looks great in complete body kit....rear bumper will look Ok but not so sure about the extended front lowerlip without the rest though.

Needs someone to take the plunge and show the others on how it will look. ;)

SS

TheSebringOne
16-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Ditto as SS stated it needs a full kit to make it consistant? From the side, the front looks ok but from front & bid eyes, it looks too scoop like. As for the rear it too agressive whether from the side or from the rear?

Papalazarou
16-11-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm really tempted to go with the rear bumper. I agree about the front spoiler, it's too much even with all the other bits. There seems to be a few companies making/selling these bits; The one on the link and Spoon come to mind. Not sure whether they're exactly the same?
I imagine the oem kit is prohibitive.

What do people think about the roof scoop?

Cheers,

James.

TheSebringOne
16-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Not sure if Honda will sell oem parts as they are only selling to geniune cars & their owners ( Type R or GT-R ) unless you have have the links?
As for the scoop, I think its too GT or racing looking & may look a little OTT on the road. Just my 2p.

Senninha
16-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Is it the first of April already???????

Common James, we all know you like a good wind-up, but installing this to your LBB is just too much to take seriously.

The only mods IMO that your car could benefit from would be an R bonnet and rear spoiler, the OEM wheels (when you get the 4th) finished in the grey, and then a 'wrap' to the top of the car in black for that retro/ R look.

Back on the bumper idea, how about investigating a new integrated and therefore modern look. What you really need is a new lower valance that allows the exhaust to be repositioned higher and wider, and for the centre to be designer to extend under the exhaust to create a venturi style.

So there you go, a nice little winter projec for you ;)

regards, Paul

jaytip
17-11-2008, 02:30 AM
Guys,just wait until Arys car is finished,because this is the kit thats going on his.

Papalazarou
17-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Is it the first of April already???????

Common James, we all know you like a good wind-up, but installing this to your LBB is just too much to take seriously.

No seriously, I do like the rear bumper! Perhaps it would stick out a little too far? but I like the cutaway look (similar to an Exige perhaps).
I agree about the other bits though, a little ott for a standardish looking road car.....or maybe ont;-)

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
17-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Guys,just wait until Arys car is finished,because this is the kit thats going on his.

I've spoken with Ary several times about his project and various 'issues' he has had to overcome.

I'm looking forward to seeing he finished NSX, which should look very different when complete.

This is also why I worded my post as I did. IMO, as a complete project the RGT kit should work well but will depend heavily on the details such as wheel choice and of course the combo of car and wheel colours.

Again, this is just my opinion, but to install just the rear bemper assembly to an otherwise stock car, or even both bumpers, just wouldn't work (unless James has joined the local Nova cruisin' club :eek:), then he might get away with it.

A bespoke lower valance, with zorst and aero visuals like the F cars, Gallardo and R8 would, if well executed, freshen the rear end of the NSX.

regards, Paul

Papalazarou
17-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Although I agree that other measures are necessary to make the look work, if you look at the NSX-R GT, the body looks pretty much stock except for a few additions. However, I guess the fact that it's white makes a difference.

I was thinking;

02 wheels in gun-metal titanium. (I've finally sourced the last wheel:-)
Scooped bonnet
Type R style rear wing (small)
black wrapped roof, so I can revert back to standard if needed (could this work?)
Side scoops.

and GT rear bumper.

What do you think?

Cheers,

James.

NSXGB
17-11-2008, 12:45 PM
I think your gold wheels will look better, then you can raise some cash for your bumper by selling the 02 wheels to me...;)

Although I agree that other measures are necessary to make the look work, if you look at the NSX-R GT, the body looks pretty much stock except for a few additions. However, I guess the fact that it's white makes a difference.

I was thinking;

02 wheels in gun-metal titanium. (I've finally sourced the last wheel:-)
Scooped bonnet
Type R style rear wing (small)
black wrapped roof, so I can revert back to standard if needed (could this work?)
Side scoops.

and GT rear bumper.

What do you think?

Cheers,

James.

jaytip
17-11-2008, 01:08 PM
There is/was a photo on here somewhere of a LBB type-R with a black roof and IMO it didn't look right.

Senninha
17-11-2008, 01:47 PM
James,

Thanx for the call, good to catch up.

Here's a couple of photo's I've found (cant find the one Ivor is referring too but will keep looking), that would build you a unique a subtly modded LBB

regards, Paul

Papalazarou
17-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Looks great. Apart from the white wheels of course. That combination with gun metal should look great.

Here's a set of gun metals on an in Silverstone;

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109971&highlight=2002+wheels

Cheers,

James.

P.s, NSXGB, you're not getting them!

Sudesh
17-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Have to agree with Paul! plus I think that blue one in the last pic looks the business! Good to see you found the last alloy James! That's about 4 or 5 months since you bought that one from me, not bad going lol!

On another note, I was talking to a guy in Japan who actually knows where there is a real NSX-R GT so I asked him to try and get me some photos and details.

jaytip
17-11-2008, 07:19 PM
James,

Thanx for the call, good to catch up.

Here's a couple of photo's I've found (cant find the one Ivor is referring too but will keep looking), that would build you a unique a subtly modded LBB

regards, Paul
I believe that's the Type-R i was talking about Paul.Look at the seats,mirrors,bonnet,rear spoiler,badge and of course the white wheels.all lead to the conclusion that it is a Type-R.

Senninha
20-11-2008, 02:29 PM
James,

An alternative supply should you still be thinking of the rear bumper

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110807

Also, if you look at his website (from the link) there is this 'softer' version for an alternative rear bumper

http://www.umbrellaautodesign.com/content-product_info/product_id-1589/sorcery_gt1_nsx_rgt_rear_bumper_nsx.html

regards, Paul

Papalazarou
20-11-2008, 05:24 PM
For anyone whose interested, here are some pics cars with different colour wheels......

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71523&highlight=washi+grey

AR
20-11-2008, 07:00 PM
James,

After seen all the hard work the lads at the bodushop are still putting into the Route KS kit to make it fit properly I will say just get a nice front lip and R wing.

But as they say...YMMV.

Cheers,

Ary

Papalazarou
21-11-2008, 08:47 AM
James,

But as they say...YMMV.

Cheers,

Ary

I should know what this means?! But I don't;-)

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
21-11-2008, 08:49 AM

Cheers,

James.

That makes 2 of us :dunno:

BlueNSX
21-11-2008, 10:02 AM

Cheers,

James.

YMMV

Your Mileage May Vary or Weblingo Your results may very

HTH

MH

AR
22-11-2008, 12:00 AM
YMMV

Your Mileage May Vary or Weblingo Your results may very

HTH

MH