PDA

View Full Version : Should I do it Tubi style?

Monaco92
14-11-2008, 10:35 PM
After hearing the Tubi on Matts' car last week. Its been bugging me as it sounds sooo good. Problem is I really dont want to change a nice oem spec car thats got a Honda warranty. But it sounds so good and I've been told it shouldn't affect my warranty.

Anyway I gingerly phoned Scuderia systems today who said it would be £1200+vat. and it would be made to order with single instead of the usual double tips.
What do you guys think is it the right thing to do or leave the car as it is ?

Sudesh
14-11-2008, 10:54 PM
If your not sure about warranty issues, personally I would make a call to them first and see what they say before I would change anything.

If you get the all clear! my choice on a new system would be with single exit tip's anyway; as I think it suits the rear of the NSX best. If you look at all the NSX models from 1990 to production end, they all had single tips. Including the rare, almost "urben legend" NSX-GT

http://www.acura-nsx.com/Images/acura-nsx-r/nsx-gt3.jpg

NoelWatson
15-11-2008, 06:34 AM
After hearing the Tubi on Matts' car last week. Its been bugging me as it sounds sooo good. Problem is I really dont want to change a nice oem spec car thats got a Honda warranty. But it sounds so good and I've been told it shouldn't affect my warranty.

Anyway I gingerly phoned Scuderia systems today who said it would be £1200+vat. and it would be made to order with single instead of the usual double tips.

At least one of us on here have confirmed that it shouldn't affect the warranty.

Hopefully we will get some soundclips of exhausts at today's Basingstoke meet.

NSXGB
15-11-2008, 09:13 AM

Try Bazza at Vtech Direct, I think his prices are a lot more keen than that one....

PeteM
15-11-2008, 09:52 AM
I would say go for it, the Tubi is arguably the best sounding exhaust for the Nsx in my opinion and I would also go for the option of the single round tips to keep an OEM look.

They are not "cheap" and I believe you can only get them from approved Tubi suppliers and unless you get a second hand one (rare as hens teeth) you wont find it cheaper.

Paul G
15-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi,

Not sure if Matt was at Goodwood the other week, but on my way in I past a Red NSX leaving and it sounded awsome! I seem to remember reg ending in something like JAF and was on H plate? From someone one with a totally standard I can say that you now have me thinking of my first upgrade! so who ever it was plase own up and tell me what system you have!

Cheers
PG

snow patrol
15-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Two sound files that may be of interest.

located here, http://www.scuderiasystems.com/root-media-misc.html#id=hondansx&num=1

Bazza also does a similar system sound file here:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H844ia2VuCI

Ewan
15-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi,

Not sure if Matt was at Goodwood the other week, but on my way in I past a Red NSX leaving and it sounded awsome! I seem to remember reg ending in something like JAF and was on H plate? From someone one with a totally standard I can say that you now have me thinking of my first upgrade! so who ever it was plase own up and tell me what system you have!

Cheers
PG

That is Sassathoopie, and he has (IIRC) a Taitec.

TheQuietOne
15-11-2008, 07:13 PM
That is Sassathoopie, and he has (IIRC) a Taitec.

Sounds really aggressive - but I could not live with that at cruisong speeds. The Tubi is silent on the motorway from the cabin until you give it some throttle.

I'm totally biased as I pined for a Tubi for 2 years before finally getting one from the States about a year ago. I do not regret it for a second - it has the perfect balance of rasp at high revs, burble on tick over and only slight resonance at 2K revs as the downside nothing is pefrect. It really makes the car sound as good as it looks - go on Ikram.....DO IT!!! :laugh:

If you want to hear mine on the road let me nkow and we can meet up sometime and you can hear it driving!

Ewan
15-11-2008, 07:19 PM
I nearly dropped a couple of grand on a Tubi for my Maserati Spyder a few years ago; the vids on Scuderia's web site make the case all on their own, depending on the engine in front of the exhaust...

Check out the Lambo on http://www.scuderiasystems.com/root-media-lamborghini.html#id=lambomurci&num=1 or the Enzo on http://www.scuderiasystems.com/root-media-ferrari.html#id=ferrarienzo&num=1

Sounds E-V-I-L :-)

Papalazarou
15-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Sorry to go slightly off topic, but what do people think of the rear bumper on post 2?
Apparently this will be available through Spoon. I really like it and have expressed an interest.

Cheers,

James.

P.s, It was interesting hearing the different exhaust sounds at Basingstoke today. They all sounded pretty good, but I think the best sound will probably always be heard in the cabin.

snow patrol
15-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Hi believe that Ary is in the process of making a custom system similar to the Tubi in sound for a fraction of the cost. I would be very interested to look at this system as an alternative.

snow patrol
15-11-2008, 09:15 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IY9z2mcanag

Monaco92
15-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys for all the replys I think I'm probably going to go for it depending on what Scuderia systems say on monday. Oh and Matt I might just take you up on that offer :)

TheQuietOne
16-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Any time you like :)

Rob_Fenn
17-11-2008, 02:56 PM
I don't see how it could affect your warranty personally, obviously you couldn't ever claim on the exhaust though!

sassthathoopie
19-11-2008, 12:10 AM
My exhaust is a Taitec. To be honest the sound of the car approaching me for the first time was enough to justify the purchase of an NSX :D

The car with windows up is very civilised when cruising. The only issue is some booming between 2200 and 2400 RPM. I find myself juggling the gears to avoid cruising in this range without really thinking about it. The sound is slightly easier on the ear from the driver's seat than the passengers seat.

I have not driven other NSXs with different exhausts but I don't feel it compromises the car too much. No idea how much Steve paid for it but it was worth it for the applause I received from the locals when accidentally entering a tiny pedestrian piazza on the outskirts of Milan!