PDA

View Full Version : S2000 to NSX.... should I ?

Greybloke
04-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Long time S2000 owner and fan, however as this is my second and i'm at 72,000 miles, I'm contemplating a change.

I realise these are two very different machines, but i've always lusted after the NSX. Question is will ownership be rewarding and affordable?

I can only stretch to between £15K and £20K and wonder what issues I should be aware of on earlier cars? and what will service and tyres costs be?

Anyone know of any nice cars in my budget?

Oh nice forum (but not quite as good as the S2Ki 8))

Go on persuade me :D

Clive
05-06-2005, 04:35 PM
In response to the post on this subject, having had NSXs and an S2000 I think I'm qualified to comment. The NSX is frankly streets ahead both in terms of emotional appeal and driving characteristics. The S2000 is great but holding it in 3rd all the time to get around briskly can be wearing. The NSX feels great and responds beautifully at speed and at a crawl. The sheer technology and craftsmanship of the NSX also takes some beating. The interior isn't much to look at true but it's well made and extremely fit for purpose. Actually, it gets more of a poor write up than it should given its ergonomic efficiency. So, although it might not be much faster than an S2000, it pushes all the right buttons regarding everything else. Try one and see.

In terms of price, you will get a very early one for £15-£20k but I'm not sure in what state it might be. You'll have to tread carefully - and look elsewhere on the site to see what you should be looking for - I won't repeat it all here. You will, however, need to look for a FHSH from a reputable NSX dealer or ex-dealer. Don't be tempted to buy a wreck - the spares prices are vv high indeed - I mean huge. When I (ahem) wrote off my second NSX, the parts bill alone came to £42K. And the structure wasn't even twisted. Running costs are fairly reasonable for a car of this type but services come up every 6000 miles (on an early car). However you drive, rear tyres do not last beyond 5000 miles; fronts about 8000 miles - it's all to do with the geometry. Fortunately A022's aren't that expensive.

Clive
:)

trackdemon
05-06-2005, 05:28 PM
I was going to give a "detailed" response to this but I thought this would sum things up much better:

http://www.herzogmotorsport.com/autoshop/image-gro%DF/Honda.S2000.jpg

http://www.autogazeta.com/c/1/b/ho98nsx1.jpg

I'm guessing that makes things a bit easier...... :wink:

Paul G
05-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Hi Greybloke,

Check out the for sale board, from what you have said my brother's car fits your requirements? It's a uk car with FHSH, I have at last got a picture on!

It is in Top Marques this week, but for some reason doesn't appear on the web site!

Send me a PM if you require any furhter details

Cheers

PG