PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen jet sprays!

TheSebringOne
09-11-2008, 11:26 PM
I get a feeble spray on driver's side, but passengers ok? Does the nozzles adjust? Tried a needle down the hole, adjusted the rubber pipes a bit Or is there something else I can try? Shock horror, she does venture out a bit in Autumn! Cheers

simonprelude
10-11-2008, 08:42 AM
I use Dental floss, the type that is sold as individual strands.

If there's a problem, usually remove the rubber tubes from the nozzles, then spray the windscreen juice with the bonnet open so I can see that it is coming through the tubes, that was you know where the problem is.

The problem with just using a needle is that it can't do round corners.

Senninha
10-11-2008, 08:53 AM
... and once you've checked to see where the problem is as per Simon's suggestion, if it is the nozzle's, remove them and drop into a glass of coke for 20 mins. Give them a warm water rinse and re-install. Should be firing all the way to the back window :)

(and if you wonder why coke, leave a dirty penny in a glass and see what happens!)

HTH, Paul

Silver Surfer
10-11-2008, 09:50 AM
James, are you going to choose Sainsburys Cola rather than the premium Pepsi or Coca? ;)

SS

Nytram
10-11-2008, 12:05 PM
I had the same problem to solve, the blockage could be in the pipes, so disconnect the joints under the bonnet then use an airline to blow all the dirt out.
If your ever near Barnsley i could do it if needed.
best regards

dan the man
10-11-2008, 03:14 PM
And thats why i never drink coke.... toxic sh1t!

James just get your butler to clean out yer pipes !

TheSebringOne
10-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks guys for the ideas, will give it a go soon as having to new build kitchen in my spare time (save labour costs)!

I'm a REAL Atlanta diet coke man (sucker for big brands), but other half is a Pepsi Max, wander can you taste the difference!? :rolleyes:

DTM, I will ask the new wife (part time butler) if she can clean my pipes! :D

Interesting to see if the corrosive properties does the trick Paul?!

Simon, my neighbours will think I'm anal if I'm flossing my car, but will try! :laugh:

nigel
11-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Works wonders on corroded battery posts as well.

Cheers
nigel