PDA

View Full Version : Another Parts Source

CrazyMixedUpKid
06-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Having my clutch master and slave cylinders changed tomorrow ...

The slaves are generic from LHD to RHD cars - so you can get these from the US for about $90 (about £150 here of course) but the master is 'sided' and most US contacts are unable to source the RHD version.

Found these guys in Tokyo ...

www.japanparts.com

I gave them the part numbers I needed and they arrived 9 days later. Great service and communication throughout. They take PayPal.
Prices are comparable to US prices but they don't do "marking value down" on packages like some US sources (so don't even ask) ... i.e. be prepared for the full whack on VAT / import charges.

Even with all the charges I saved about £120 compared to UK prices - plus the UK were telling me I'd have to wait 3-6 weeks for the master as there were none in UK or Belgium (Euro Hub).

Email: contact@japanparts.com or email Yuki direct at: yuki@japanparts.com (english is very good)

If you decide to ask for a quote for parts PLEASE PROVIDE THE FULL HONDA PART NUMBERS.

Lankstarr
06-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Good work Paul - thanks.

It would be good to get other reputable sellers in a sub section of teh vendors bit... just a sticky with a list of sources like this so they don;t get lost.

Matt/ Kev can you sort this out!?

Cheers,

Luke

CrazyMixedUpKid
06-11-2008, 01:29 PM
everyone probably doing this already but only other tips I can offer:

... ask Honda UK for a discount ... most dealers can give between 5% and 10% 'discretionary' discount - depends on the part ... just ask - can't hurt

... buy a copy of the electronic parts catalogue off e-bay ... its a must ... search for "Honda EPC" ...

... plug your part number (first 5 digits) in here to get an idea of US prices and if available in the US ... http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/home.jsp

... apart from Dali and SoS I have also used: http://www.hondacuraworld.com/ - Tim Poliniak is a very helpful chap - email: Hondacuraworld@aol.com

BabyG
06-11-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm looking for a RHD Master Cylinder right now - car is off the road waiting for parts, this could save me some cash. Wicked

BabyG
10-11-2008, 08:51 AM
you've saved me a couple of hundred quid there, much obliged. +1 for yuki!