PDA

View Full Version : Interior Mods

DAVEMAT
05-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Made a few changes to the interior over the last few days, after having my new clutch fitted, sorry about the quality of the pics, they were taken on my mobile.

mutley
05-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Looking good mate, got a couple of questions for you,

1. I have the same dials and plumbed them in fairly easily, but did you find a way to light up the needles? (I removed the orange lights then shone onto the dials, I prefer the back lit look).

2. I have a Nav Pod waiting to fit, but I can't find a screen to fit in it properly, so what system do you have?

Cheers

Jim

amo
05-11-2008, 01:56 PM
hi mate
looks nice is that the head unit with the sd card
been lookin at that
mmmmmm
got the x1 my self but i think need a change

thx amo

Lankstarr
05-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Looking nice Dave - thanks for sharing.

Luke

TheQuietOne
05-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Looking great, but sorry it just isn't bright enough for me...:D

eclipse1501
05-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Great job and love your seats. Would have bought a yellow NSX had I found one. Just bought some red seats from Ary for my NSX and hope to get the NSX badge or similar logo on soon.

DAVEMAT
06-11-2008, 03:47 AM
Thanks for the positive comments,

Jim, the needles will be the next job, I replaced the orange perspex at the top with blue, and painted on the black sections as the standard one, but this is not letting enough light through.

I also had problems finding a screen to fit, the one in mine is a 6.5" Alpine, with the navigation unit mounted in the boot, the pod had to be filled for it to fit correctly.

Cheers

Dave

mutley
06-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the positive comments,

Jim, the needles will be the next job, I replaced the orange perspex at the top with blue, and painted on the black sections as the standard one, but this is not letting enough light through...........

Dave,

What I found, was a small UV tube that I am going to fit into the space where the orange perspex was, I have found that UV lights (either tube or LED) light the needles up brightly without having an effect on the rest of the dial. Will let you know how I get on with it.

Jim

DAVEMAT
06-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Cheers Jim,

Will be very interested in how you get on,

Dave

Sudesh
10-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Nice work Dave! I done someting similar a while back by adding a touch screen system. I didnt go for anything too fancy though as I dont really listen to the radio or CD's much, just wanted to give the interior a bit of a facelift moremodern touch.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01557.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01562.jpg

TheSebringOne
10-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Sorry a bit late on this, but nice refresh/update Dave.

Sudesh I like simplicity of your refresh.

DAVEMAT
11-11-2008, 03:09 AM
Nice 1 Sudesh, I really think it tidies it up well, and like you say, gives it a much more modern touch.