PDA

View Full Version : Dose anyone know this car ??

qureshia
02-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Hi All

I used to be an NSX'er but foolishly sold my car and are now missing it,
however I saw an ad in Autotrader today that could tempt me back!
Anyone on the site know anything about the car ? The mileage seems very low and have I been gone for too long or is this a sensible price for a new shaper ?

cheers :D

2003 HONDA NSX, Long Beach
Blue Pearl, Full spec, 2,000 miles, Absolutely perfect condition.. £42,000.
Tel: 01435 830953 or 07789 003482
Distance: 66 miles
Price: £42,000

Minch
02-06-2005, 10:07 PM
I've also been looking and that is the cheapest one I can find around that year and model shape by far. Bit beyond my price range though!

SimonB
03-06-2005, 12:28 PM
That price looks a couple of K on the low side. For comparison Chiswick Honda have 2x blue 03/ 04 NSXs at 50K. I'd work on a 5K margin from trade to retail sticker, so these cars would be coming in at 45K. For private sale I'd therefore expect sticker at about 47.5, settle at 46-46.5

But

1) I'm assuming it's a manual not an auto - the ad does not say

2) The market is so illiquid it's very dependent on the exact car. Maybe there is a weak history? Maybe the seller is really keen to sell?

3) There are a lot of blue 03/04 cars for sale right now (well..... 4... but that is a lot in NSX terms) so maybe it's a temporary glut.

Anyway I'd approach with caution - as any big ticket private sale!

Good luck

jaytip
04-06-2005, 02:44 PM
but if it is HPI clear i dont see it being a really big deal.It still has a years factory warranty left on it,which i believe can be extended if required.I have seen a few 2002+ NSX under 50k now,although this one is the cheapest i've seen.
Get a HPI on it and get it inspected.for the sake of a few hundred pounds you could have a really cheap car.

jaytip
04-06-2005, 02:47 PM
just looked on autotrader.there are FOUR for under 45k on there at the moment.
oh yes,and that car is private,so it won't have the usuall greedy dealer mark up on it.

qureshia
05-06-2005, 07:26 AM
Dropped by at my local Porsche centre yesterday ...parked outside was a Long Beach NSX - I think it was on a 04 plate

Forum member ?

Perhaps it is someone looking to do a swap from NSX to porsche ? resulting in one more in autotrader soon !

BrownBear
05-06-2005, 11:20 AM
The 03 is a Manual Coupe, 2000 miles and apart from a tiny paint chip under the near-side wheel arch appears immaculate. It still smells new and has been barely used. I'd say if you were after one, you should go and see this one... JMO - I'm not saying you have to buy it, just that it merits consideration.

The price is very keen for a new shape one, hence why I know what it smells like (if that makes any sense?)

Very quiet here in Malta on a Sunday afternoon, hence my flying visit!