PDA

View Full Version : power window failing to close fully

modarr
30-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Not the regular doozy, but a different problem.
My window will not close further than half way up. It goes up and down OK up to this point. There was a loud pop when it went and it sounds quite unhealthy when it moves. On going down , it seems to go too far and make some knocking noises before the motor stops. The cable appears to be fine and the cable widget thing that usually fails is of the new type and is fine.
Any help?

Mo

forumadmin
31-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Can only think its dirty rails. Maybe a something that slides in the rails has cracked and is jamming. What happens if you grab hold of the glass and help the window up?

modarr
01-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Could well be I suppose.

Lifting it as it goes up doesn't help. I didn't force it too much but I suspect a broken part somewhere. I couldn't see it after removing the door panel, so of to the mechanic for dismantling and bad news probably.

jaytip
03-06-2005, 11:57 AM
I had a "similar" problem with my car after having it back from being re-sprayed.
The problem with mine turned out to be the wiring loom for the mirror had come loose and it then cut across the path of the window thereby only allowing the window to raise about half way.
The bodyshop that did the re-spray broke one of the plastic retaining clips that holds the wiring in place.
Maybe the same has happened to yours?

modarr
04-06-2005, 08:34 AM
I've had the mechanism removed and checked now.
Seems that the motor has chewed up the cable, possibly because of the window getting stuck at some point. Cable has not actually detached but can't be saved. New regulator it is then. :?