PDA

View Full Version : AUTO vs Manual prices

Lankstarr
21-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Many have seen the stupidly cheap Black auto for sale at the moment - £10995 with £63k miles.

It's advertised for a lot less in the trade so how much is it really worth?

History is not complete and it's been advertised for ages so what's wrong with it?

If it had history and was manual it would be 20-22k depending on condition (and be cheap at that!). So is auto -£7k and history -£4k... surely not!?

simonprelude
21-10-2008, 10:57 AM
How much is it advertised for in the trade and you want to go halves ??

AR
21-10-2008, 11:11 AM
FWIW I sold them the OEM wheels on it and they are as described! LOL

The car itself looks like it just needs a lick of paint in areas and a cheap run around NSX.

Cheers,

AR

kevinpsw
21-10-2008, 12:22 PM
I believe that Autos are worth one third less than manuals, not because they are bad cars but because most people who would want an NSX would want the extra performance and the manual driving experience. So, -£7k for an auto would seem about right. Also, no service history must knock >20% off, it would for me as a buyer because I'd assume a minimum of £2-3k worth of work would be required.

I decided to sell the Porsche Boxster S I replaced my Cat C'd NSX with. A nice car that gave me no trouble but a change of job meant a train journey to work and it sitting unused on the driveway for most of the time. My wife sold her car and we now have what I think of as an older man's car, a CLK500 - I guess I'll have to take up golf. My wife never liked the NSX so it was never going to be our only car. The Merc has comparable straight line performance to an NSX (5.8 sec to 60) but is not anywhere near as sporty; clearly, it does not turn heads either.

It'd be nice to think I'll have an NSX again in the future although, as our investments have probably lost more than the price of one over the past few months, it'll be a little while.

NoelWatson
21-10-2008, 01:55 PM
The Merc has comparable straight line performance to an NSX (5.8 sec to 60)

I think 5.8 seconds may be for the very early cars. Our 330 BMW is a claimed 6.3 0-62 and my NSX would tear it a new one.

kevinpsw
21-10-2008, 03:11 PM
No it's the Merc that is supposed to be 5.8, pretty good for an auto. I'm sure that NSXs would be noticeably quicker, not least because they're manual and lighter. I've seen various book figures for the NSX, mine was a 3.0 and I believe that it would have been about 5.5 to 60, not that I ever made any measurements myself.

Rash
21-10-2008, 03:19 PM
The K-reg you are mentioning at the minute is a JDM Auto + lack of history + needs paint + has 9 or 10 owners (and thats only since imported in '03...!!) when you combine all these points together then i'd say it is realistically priced IMO.. Also if there is no record of a cambelt then thats another £1k on top of buying price you would need to condsider...

However still a cheap entry level NSX ;)

Rash.