PDA

View Full Version : Wife drove NSX for the first time today

Ewan
19-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Don't worry, I'm not enclosing photos of a steaming wreckage :)

My missus has been off the road for 16 months having had two "epileptic events" (now apparently sorted with pills), and just got her license back last week.

So today we went for a spin in the NSX, and she loved it (except for continually wiping the windscreen instead of indicating left/right) - very easy to drive, similar to her S2000 she had before. Even though she's a good driver, I was possibly the most nervous I've been sitting in the passenger seat... only the 3rd time I've sat in the passenger seat of ANY NSX. We've had 2 S2000s and a Maserati Spyder in recent years, so she's driven powerful RWD cars plenty.

Every drain cover, blind bend, kerb ... was trying not to visibly flinch and gasp but I'm sure I was doing it - still, back in one piece now.

She's going to drive it to work tomorrow, solo :eek:

amo
19-10-2008, 06:52 PM
congrats i think ur a brave man mine wants to drive it so much lol been telling her no for the last year and half lol

thx amo

Baz
20-10-2008, 03:52 PM
A couple of years ago my wife had to use my '03 to take my mother from her care home to a lunch event some 15 miles away as the person who had offered to take her was a no-show. I was out at the time in my wife's SUV so you can imagine my horror on arriving home to find wife and NSX missing!!
Anyway, all was well and proved the point that anyone can drive an NSX as a normal car. She did report that people were getting frustrated at her steady 60 mph - but then she did have an 86 year old on board!
Cheers,

Baz

jonny
21-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Yep I know the feeling, the sickly feeling of your b@lls crawling up into your stomach as your other half releases the handbrake, over revs the engine and jolts your pride and joy, before saying sweetly in the voice of an angel the words "sorry babe, I put it in 3rd". This is as far as I let mine get, yup a nice big car park. Theres only one reason I allowed her to drive it...I made a condition, a deal if you will....Lets just say that evening was worth the b@ll ache :D

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p52/jonno1706/DSC00113.jpg

TheSebringOne
21-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Luckily my other alf respects me & the NSX, so shes only driven her 2/3 times in nearly 4 years and they were in the first year of ownership! Lucky me! :)