PDA

View Full Version : oil change ??

amo
19-10-2008, 07:15 AM
well lookin at 1 of the vtec club video's and they saying you should change gear box oil as much as engine oil

Q. how many of us have changed it at all

also listening to them do not use engine flush mmmmmmmm

so looks like more gear box oil changes to come

thx amo

jaytip
19-10-2008, 08:42 AM
well lookin at 1 of the vtec club video's and they saying you should change gear box oil as much as engine oil

Q. how many of us have changed it at all

also listening to them do not use engine flush mmmmmmmm

so looks like more gear box oil changes to come

thx amo
Amo it's suggested that in a car that does a lot of short,stop start journeys,then the oil should be changed every 6 months or so.Changing the oil that often in the gearbox would just be a waste of time and money IMO.

Cheers,

Ivor.

amo
19-10-2008, 10:04 AM
thats what i thought but in this video (finding site !!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ATk8TIx_-Y&feature=related

found it

thx amo

Lankstarr
19-10-2008, 10:52 AM
After seeing the difference it made to my box I'll be changing at least every 2 services. I do 8k miles a year.

May change earlier depending how notchy she gets when the really cold days come.

L*

Sudesh
19-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Have to agree with Luke. I changed mine and it made a big difference to the gear change. Its quite an easy DIY job with the right tools and I'm going to change mine once or twice a year, as my car probably wont see 3k maybe 4k a year.

goldnsx
19-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Due to the high forces (much higher than in the engine) in the gearbox which treats the oil quite bad it's no bad at all to change it regularly. Honda recommends changing it every 4 years. I'll do it every 2 years. More frequent is only useful in race cars.