PDA

View Full Version : 96k miles too many ???

AR
27-05-2005, 10:46 PM
I've just seen a 1994 NSX coupe manual UK car that looks lovely except condensation on the rear lights. It has 96K miles on it and they want £ 18.995.00 I only saw it at the lot when it was closed, and the interior and exterior look mint, 4 like new tires and shiny exhaust. Is it worth test driving or does it have too many miles. This is the second b***y NSX I've seen for sale within 2 miles of my house in the past month. What is your take folks ? BTW I am taking my time as I am so busy with work I could hardly afford the time to drive an NSX until September.

MattS
28-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Sounds as though this might be a fair price. It all depends whether it has a bullet-proof service history or not. My advice would be to have a look at the paperwork, see where it's been serviced and give the garage a ring - they might remember if there's anything dodgy about it.. Also bear in mind that it may need a cambelt change etc - you could use this as a bargaining point.

Drive the car too. Maybe take someone along with youwho knows NSX's. Another good idea (which I did when I bought my 85k miler) is to get the local Honda or NSX specilaist to look over it for you and give you a report on its condition. This is probably £80 well spent.

Could be an exciting weekend!

AR
28-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Great pointers, thanks mate. I am away on business tomorrow until Sunday. The info sheet states full Honda service history. When I saw it again today in the light, I notice that the driver's seat bolster looks like is has being painted or dyed black. The shift knob looked worn too. The paint looks too fresh too, but all panels are lined up properly. On the plus side, it has 4 like new khumo tyres.

MattS
29-05-2005, 08:21 AM
From what I've heard, the top surface of the leather on the seat bolsters wears out, usually on the driver's side and people remedy this with shoe polish or something similar. This would tie in with the mileage, as would the worn knob! The main thing is the SH. If you think there's something fishy, phone the garages that did the services.

AR
29-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Here is a picture.

AR
06-06-2005, 03:51 PM
When to have a look at it today, I did not ring in advance as I wanted to see the engine start cold. Well the battery was flat. Is it normal for an NSX battery to go flat in a weeks time, I think not. The salesman was a nice bloke, but his knowledge of the NSX was not all there. The front bumper has a certain amount of orange peel. The trunk, engine hatch struts are gone. There seemed to be damp in the drivers footwell, and trunk, but the salesman insisted that they had just valeted it. The jack and tool kit all present, but could not test the air compressor as the battery was flat. The spare tyre has a crack all the way around the shoulder and the battery lloked quite dirty. He said that there was nothing that could be done about the lights on the NSX that all of them get condensation. I know that lots do, but not all of them. I am coming back tomorrow, to have a look at the paperwork and test drive it, but I am a bit disappointed already.

Does it sound like is worth £ 19.000.00 ???