PDA

View Full Version : The highest my car has been

Kevin
09-10-2008, 03:57 PM
To go with my recent video thread, here are some pics.

Sudesh
09-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Nice pics Kevin, seeing the snowy mountains is making me look forward to Skiing next year!

Any pics of the seats in your car?? are they Sparco?

SILVER BULLET
09-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Nice photos Kevin,what height were you ? has anyone here been higher with their NSX ?
Cheers,
Ian

TheSebringOne
09-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Brilliant scenic pics Kevin! What altitude did you reached and was performance affected by the thinner air? :)

Kevin
10-10-2008, 10:41 AM
The pass is 2108m high. It's not the highest an NSX here has been, as MarkC crossed the Stelvio Pass which is 2757m high. I may have a chance to do this pass this weekend, but it have to be soon as the snow is coming.

Performance because of the air was no affected as much as the performance affected b the lack of any barriers on the side of the road, and long drop down.

Rash
10-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Sweet pics - the last one is now my wallpaper on my PC and mobile :)

Rash.

sassthathoopie
10-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Kevin, you should definitely do the Stelvio if you get a chance. I was there 10 days after buying my car and it is an experience I will never forget. 46 hairpins on the way up and astonishing views.

Have been meaning to post up some pics and a report of the trip, together with a recreation of a rather well known ascent of the Grand Saint Bernard Pass...

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/gavinprint/Austria061edit.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/gavinprint/Austria071edit.jpg

BabyG
11-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Took the NSX two up with skiing gear to verbier last season, only 1500m high but a wonderful drive (didn't take skis with us but it took the rest..)

markc
29-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Nice work Kevin, have you tried the Simplon (Pass) yet? Swiss side is better than the Italian descent but you drop down into Stresa on Lake Miggiore which is worth a visit. The Passo di Foscagno (2291m) up to Bormio was a good one as well. (Here're pics of Simplon and Stelvio summits and an art'y one of the Selvio decent with NSX door mirror)

I really want to do the Umbrail, Furka, Gottardo and San Bernardino... so many passes so little time :)

My next big trip will probably be on the Route Grands Alps which goes between Geneva and Nice and is mainly in France (http://www.grande-traversee-alpes.com/je-voyage/par-la-route/la-route-des-grandes-alpes.html) covering the Col de Turini and the Col de l'Iseran, the latter being the highest "pass" in the Alps at 2770m. You can go higher on a dead end road but that's kinda cheating.

We could make this a club trip using my place (sleeps 8, parking for 6 cars) in France Nr Dijon as a halfway stopover? My initial enquiries with the Dijon Prennois circuit, famous for the 1979 French Grand Prix where Arnoux and Villenueve went to war on the last 3 laps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzCqY8Wg5So), suggest it's available for private hire for just euros 1500 for a day! Watch this space :)

Cheers

Mark

Kevin
30-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Well no chance of doing anymore now. For one the NSX is back home, and just in time too, as the snow is falling.

Mark, let me know when you're in Dijon, maybe we can meet up? Do you ski?

278kmh
03-11-2008, 09:22 PM
i like this pics.
wich tyres are on the car on this pics?

Kevin
05-11-2008, 05:05 AM
Which car?

The black car (mine) has Kumho tyres. I can't remember what they are, but I'm not sure they make them anymore. They were the top of range ones.

markc
05-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Hi Kevin, in fact I was there last weekend. Just a quick 3 day dash to see the builder and order a new kitchen. IKEA's kitchen planner thing is brilliant, design on line at home in the UK and turn up at IKEA Dijon and take it all away :)

No I'm not a skier, not a snow skier anyway. 25 years a semi competitive 3 event (slalom/tricks/jump) waterskier though and I've done quite a few dry slope sessions... my snow skiing mates (who take me to the dry slope) say I'd be OK at it. I never got into it in my youth and I'm probably too old now :(

I'll be in Dijon for a week at new year. It's only an 1hr 30mins to Geneva which is actually our closest airport. Maybe I'll come over and you can aim me down a mountain :)

Cheers

Mark

markc
06-11-2008, 11:15 AM
The evo (magazine) website has a new video of one of their journo's taking a Maserati GT S over the Stelvio Pass...

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetevovideos/230361/stelvio-pass-in-a-maserati.html

They go from the Italian side, fairly open and sweeping (fastish) to the Austrian side, really twisty (slow). Actually the whole pass in in Italy but you enter Austria soon after.

Enjoy

Mark

TheSebringOne
06-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Excellant find Mark! That pass looks awesome abeit a little scary, one day hopefully in my NSX! The Evo site also had some interesting links especially the auction of a delivery mileaged F1! I could do alot with over 2.5m!