PDA

View Full Version : cambelt parts..?

Rash
03-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi,
having used the search funciton it seems the only 2 places to buy the parts for the full service incl cambelt is either Honda or Dali..?? I noticed the major saving was on the waterpump but if i am to get that i may as well get the job lot from Dali (Cambelt/Waterpump/cam gaskets etc..etc..)

What i wanted to know was when did someone last order from them...? I have never ordered from abroad before so a bit wary although they (dali) seem to have a good reputation...

How long do the items normally take before they arrive..?

Mines a 92 JDM auto so if anyone can reccomend ALL the items i need - will be much appreciated.

Thanks

amo
03-10-2008, 09:54 PM
hi mate if you can email daili and see if he can send it with the group buy save a little on shipping
we are expecting dilivery any time now
thx amo

Hi,
having used the search funciton it seems the only 2 places to buy the parts for the full service incl cambelt is either Honda or Dali..?? I noticed the major saving was on the waterpump but if i am to get that i may as well get the job lot from Dali (Cambelt/Waterpump/cam gaskets etc..etc..)

What i wanted to know was when did someone last order from them...? I have never ordered from abroad before so a bit wary although they (dali) seem to have a good reputation...

Mines a 92 JDM auto so if anyone can reccomend ALL the items i need - will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rash
03-10-2008, 10:04 PM
how soon is the GB expected... any other details..? Have e-mailed Dali through his website...

amo
03-10-2008, 10:14 PM
mate he is normally good with answerin his mail
pm or u can ring me 07889451905

thx amo

Rash
03-10-2008, 10:24 PM
got mail saying he is away until 5th Oct - you have PM also..

Cheers

eclipse1501
04-10-2008, 06:19 AM
Hi,

Thanks

My 90K Service Kit which I bought in the summer (water pump/cam belt/etc) arrived from Dali in no time, very good comms and, personally speaking, had a very pleasant experience.

Rash
04-10-2008, 07:52 AM
ahh thats good to hear... So in £££ what sort of price are we talking for the 90k service items incl waterpump/belts and all gaskets delivered..??

Cheers

Kaz-kzukNA1
06-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi, Rash.
You may have already placed an order for the parts but if not, I would recommend considering the following services as well if you are going to do the timing belt and the water pump.

1. Cam seal and plug
I strongly recommend replacing these to prevent oil leakage around the head cover. The seal is especially important as it prevents the oil damage to the timing belt.

2. Water hoses, 22+1 and all of the cramps
If you are repalcing the water pump and haven’t replaced the water hoses in recent years, it is a good idea to replace all of them and the cramps at the same time. There are 22 hoses plus 1 which is only used for the overflow purpose (the small rubber tube next to the header tank cap).
I know there are a few differences in parts no. for water hoses between Acura and JDM. I always order the parts from Japan so I’m afraid I don’t know whether the water hose parts from US are compatible for your car or not. Maybe someone here can advise on this.

3. Header tank, thermostat and the tank cap
Addition to the water hoses, it would be a good idea to replace these parts if you haven’t done so for several years. Our tank tends to start leaking at the mid section where upper and lower parts meet each other. The small plastic/rubber coating on the thermostat tends to crack due to the aging. Although these are not ‘Must’ items to be replaced when you do the the timing belt, it is much easier as you are going to drain the water system when you replace the water pump.

4. Oil Pump
As your car is AT, it is very unlikely but if you have over-revved your engine for any reasons, it is recommended to replace this when you do the timing belt.
I normally recommend everyone to replace it any way at the time of timing belt service.

5. Crank Pulley
On AT model, I haven’t seen any failures yet but I know several MT NSXs with sudden failure on this part. The result was disaster as you can imagine. It’s not that expensive part so it’s worth changing it as a precaution as your car is getting old as mine.

6. Lost Motion assy
Again, this is not a ‘Must’ item but it will reduce the mechanical engine noise. If you or your mechanics are going to do the cam seal and the plug or simply going to adjust the valve clearance, it is worth replacing this part to the latest spec.

7. Oil pan gasket
You can change this at any time but as you are doing the major services, it would be nice to replace this as well in order to get rid of the oil leakage at the top of the oil pan.

Thank you.

Regards,
Kaz

Rash
07-10-2008, 07:25 AM
HI,
Yes i ordered the stuff yesterday afternoon and it was sent straight away...

Here's what i got: 90K Service Pack with water pump [w/plugs] 91-96-

* Oil filter & drain plug crush washer
* Fuel filter
* Air Filter
* 2 valve cover gaskets
* 6 Plugs (selected by your YEAR)
* 6 spark plug O-rings
* 12 rubber buttons
* timing, alternator and A/C compressor belts
* water pump
* water pump cover & grommet
* tube of Honda Bond

Apart from the oil (going for 10/40 Castrol Magnated due to age/mileage of car..?? ) and of course the above is there anything else i will need..??

Cheers

simonprelude
07-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Personally I would have ordered the cam belt tensioner just in case.
Around $150 versus £200 if required from Honda at the time of servicing.
Can always be sold on if not required.

Rash
07-10-2008, 08:14 AM
You know i was reading up on that just now and wondering if it would be required.. fingers crossed it wont however if it does i'll have to go into Honda UK to buy it...

What about the cam seals/plugs.. worth getting.?? my order is on its way so i'll have to go Mr H for them if required...
Rash.

simonprelude
07-10-2008, 08:33 AM
What about the cam seals/plugs.. worth getting.?? my order is on its way so i'll have to go Mr H for them if required...
Rash.

I think I have a set of them, will check the part number.
I provided these for my service and for some reason Honda didn't use them anyway.

Rash
09-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Received all the parts yesterday and also ordered the tensioner and cam plugs/seals expected tomorrow.. So a BIG thumbs up to Mark and Dali racing...

Now all i got to do is see how much £££ Honda want to fit them or if anyone carn reccomend someone else around the Leeds/Bradford area..???

Cheers