PDA

View Full Version : Hi ALL - Old owner returning to the fold...

Rash
01-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi all, (sorry for the long post)

Registered a few years ago when i had a red JDM NSX, anyway sold that and have had a few different cars in between. Recently started looking for another NSX and have today bought a Black JDM Auto - After a bit of research on the forum I realised it wasnt the 'best' example out there however i plan on returning it back to its once former glory and hope that you can help and guide me... :)

Right the car i bought has been on ebay a while now and as the owner unfortunately got it sold to him as something it clearly was not...! Shame as he was a really good fella but 2 seats and his financial state a bit wary he put it up for sale and i managed to strike him a deal for my EP3 Civic Type-R Facelift model...

Basically the car had a cambelt change some years ago and is due another which i plan on doing ASAP... also I am wanting to replace the alloys that are currently on the car with either the later spec ones (96-98 spec ones) or even some decent aftermarket ones...!! (Anyone have any for sale...???)

Secondly I was told the carbon engine lid maybe of some value and before ebaying it was wondering if anyone knows what sort of price i should get for it... Previous seller reckons he had LOADS of enquiries about the lid when he had the car for sale....

finally it has a K&N type induction filter which although makes the car sound very butch :) i'd prefer to put back to stock - so any ideas where i can get one from..???

Cheers in advance.
Rash
p.s. dont worry the rear exhaust pipes will also be getting returned to stock :)

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7726/nsx1is5.png

Rash
01-10-2008, 07:39 PM
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7274/nsx2zk4.png

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/535/nsx3ro8.png

TheSebringOne
01-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Welcome back to the fold! Original 94+ to 51 OEM alloys will be very hard to get hold of & you are going have to be very very patient!

As for original induction parts, could try Detlef? Hes on the vendor section and may have a used parts?

The CF engine cover could be in demand, post it on the seller's section here.

Good luck in returning the car back to OEM.

simonprelude
01-10-2008, 08:20 PM
What area are you in as I have just spoken to someone at Tesco garage in Trowbridge who says his friend has just bought a Black Auto NSX.

AR
01-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Mate it looks really nice as it is.

I believe membver Sudesh has the OEM Airbox for sale.

As for the wheels and engine cover they suit the car very well.

Cheers,

AR

Sudesh
01-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Sorry I sold the OEM Airbox a while back so nothing available.

britlude
01-10-2008, 09:05 PM
for an airbox, and anything else come to think of it, contact 'Dirk' on here as he has stacks of NSX spares.

i think the wheels look fine!

hurrah for the JDM auto!!! practical and affordable, but most importantly, still an NSX!

Rash
01-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the replies.. I am based in Shipley - West Yorkshire....
Will keep an eye out for alloys or try getting some aftermarket ones but with the the exact fitment as the later NSX..

I'm noot a great fan of the alloys although they dont look too bad in the flesh.. I prefer them to the standard ones the car would have com with but selling the engine cover to part fund for the cambelt service....!

Cheers.

Lankstarr
02-10-2008, 05:31 AM
Hi Rash,

Congrats on the return to the fold:D

A few of the engine bay hatch enquiries were from me!

I'd be interested in swopping my OEM cover from my '98 car for yours and sending some cash your way. I understand if you want to ebay it.

As for it's value - I think a type R one with all of the seals is about a grand:eek: I'm not sure which one yours is but I'm sure someone will know where it originates from (probably SOS or Dali) - that should give you a better idea of what you'll get for it resale.

Let me know before you flog it!

Cheers,

Luke

Senninha
02-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Hi Rash,

A warm welcome back. When I was looking for an NSX I drove a black Auto. I enjoyed the car and it also convinced me that I wanted a dark color for the NSX.

I'd second Jons comment to contact Dirk ref any parts you may need as he probably has them on the shelf.

IMO I think the car looks good with the wheels. A potential source of replacement rims may be http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/NSX/

I'm not sure what exhaust it currently has, but like the airbox, it may be worth posting in the Wanted section for both these items as many owners have changed both items so may have one or the other taking up space in the garage.

My only other thought would be that as you are updating this great car, you may wish to return the calipers to the satin black finish. Just my opinion, but the red calipers dont work on the NSX unless they are the aftermarket Brembo items.

All the best with the project and for technical help, Britlude (Jon) is a wealth of knowledge and drives an auto NSX too!!

regards, Paul

JQD84983
02-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Like the Black very much. Looks pretty good but i am with you RE: aftermarket alloys but each to their own.

Good to get another Northern Lad into the fold. Were never going to overtake the southern dudes but hopefully can put a better show up in future

Welcome back

John

TheQuietOne
03-10-2008, 06:16 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-NSX-GENUINE-ALLOYS-GOOD-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ180294977026QQcmdZViewItem?hash =item180294977026&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A10|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

You could put these in the garage in case you ever sell to a purist! :D

Rash
03-10-2008, 06:52 AM
Cheers TQO and everyone else for their help.. If all else failts i may even consider the stock alloys for the time being so i will follow this auction closely....

the exhaust is stock and the tips are just added extra's so will remove them and get some standard ones or even a single round one on either side....

Thanks
p.s. Luke PM me a price for the cover as i would need a replacement engine cover also if i was to sell the carbon one currently on my car.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-NSX-GENUINE-ALLOYS-GOOD-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ180294977026QQcmdZViewItem?hash =item180294977026&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A10|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

You could put these in the garage in case you ever sell to a purist! :D