PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished Brake Caliper and Bracket set

Kaz-kzukNA1
18-09-2008, 09:10 PM
This Item is now reserved and sold. Thank you NSXCB.

Refurbished Brake Caliper and Bracket set for all four corners.
As brake is so important, decided to replace all of the internal parts with the new ones.

GBP800 + shipping (Paypal requires additional fee)
Total weight including box and wrapping: 21Kg

This is what you are going to get.

Inspected, pressured and leak tested.

Please send me a PM, if you are interested.

I’m more than happy to provide you with technical advice.
Failure in Brake system is a life threatening danger. Please double check your work or have these installed by the qualified mechanics.

Suitable for NA1-100, 110, 120, 130 (brake rotor diameter/thickness; Front: 282mm/28mm, Rear: 282mm/21mm).
Comes with new sealing washer (packing, oil bolt: 90545-300-000) for the banjo bolt.

Flushed inside of the caliper with the new brake fluid before packing.

Used plastic cap in place of banjo bolt in order to avoid any dirt getting inside until it arrives to you.

Even replaced the rubber cap and bleeder screw.

Each caliper body has been marked with R or L by Honda for the specific side.
Although there is no specific side (R or L) for the bracket itself, there is a big difference in the design of slider pins.
The pin with shiny colour and partially flat body will go to the lower side of the bracket. As the pins are already assembled inside the bracket, you can only see the head of the pins and it will be difficult to distinguish the difference. Each bracket and calliper has been paired at the time of refurbishment so please keep them as the pair. If mixed up, simply PM me as it’s easy to fix but needs attention for the pin boot.

As you know, brake and tyre are one of the most important factors for any cars.

In order to support the owners of early NSX models, I would like to offer one of my best kept parts. If you have any question marks (such as rusted piston surface or internal cylinder wall, etc) on your brake system, I strongly recommend you to replace it. If you track the car, your caliper jaw may be slightly opened and not producing its 100% stopping power.

These calipers and brackets were removed from my ’94 NA1 NSX. They were only used for 2 years and 7 months as I was lucky enough to test several different brake systems.

These were never used on the track so they were in a very good condition.

On the market, most of the refurbished items are offered at the 50% price of the new one. For new calipers and brackets without any discount, these will cost about GBP2,640 inc.VAT in UK, about GBP1,550+shipping from Europe and about GBP1,300+Duty,VAT,Shipping from US.
Considering all of the internal parts replaced and the time spent for assembly and testing, I think this is a very good price.
For your reference, just for the new parts replaced will cost more than GBP850 in UK without the used calipers and brackets.

I know there is a demand for these calipers especially for the Front ones within the Honda community for the non-NSX cars. As stated above, I would like to support the NSX owners so I have no plan to sell these to non-NSX owners or as Front or Rear set only.
If no one is interested, I’ll simply keep them as I’m quite sure these will become handy in the future as I know some of the parts are difficult to source even in Japan now.

Following posts are the detail of the refurbishment.

Kaz-kzukNA1
18-09-2008, 09:26 PM
FRONT
Nice shiny pistons.

Parts within the photo are just for the one side (R or L)
All of the parts replaced for both Front R & L;
2 x Piston, 36mm
2 x Piston, 40mm
2 x Boot, piston 36mm
2 x Boot, piston 40mm
2 x Seal, piston 36mm
2 x Seal, piston 40mm
4 x Boot, pin
2 x Cap, bleeder screw
2 x Screw, bleeder
4 x Packing, oil bolt (banjo bolt) 2 for each side. Placed in a clear bag and packed with each caliper.

Very clean cylinder wall. No rust or damage

Both 36 & 40mm pistons were replaced with the new ones. Obviously, no rust at all. All 4 replaced for the Front.

New brake fluid, silicone and rubber grease were used for both Front and Rear refurbishment.

Next post for the REAR.

Kaz-kzukNA1
18-09-2008, 09:49 PM
REAR

Nice shiny pistons.

4468 4469
Parts within the photo are just for one side (R or L)
For the Rear, decided to replace all of the internal parts includingthe adjuster mechanism and the shaft rubber cover.

All of the parts replaced for both Rear R & L;
2 x Piston
2 x Boot, piston
2 x Seal, piston
4 x Boot, pin
2 x Cap, bleeder screw
2 x Screw, bleeder
4 x Packing, oil bolt (banjo bolt) 2 for each side. Placed in a clear bag and packed with each caliper.

2 x Cover, shaft
2 x Cup
2 x Bearing A
2 x Spring B, adjusting
2 x Rod
2 x O-ring
2 x PistonComp, sleeve
2 x Spacer
2 x Ring, retaining
2 x Guide, spring
2 x Bolt, adjuster

New parts used for the adjuster. Nice and clean cylinder wall.

New piston. Nice and shiny. Of course, it comes with brand new adjuster/retracting parts.

If you need further information, please send PM.

Thank you for reading this long post.

Regards,
Kaz