PDA

View Full Version : NSX-R chassis code

Mic
13-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Does anyone know where I could get a chassis code for an NSX-R 02+ shape? Looking to order one or two parts but honda wont sell me anything without a chassis code!

jaytip
13-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Does anyone know where I could get a chassis code for an NSX-R 02+ shape? Looking to order one or two parts but honda wont sell me anything without a chassis code!
What parts are you after? if it's Aero parts then Detlef would be able to sort you out.

Mic
13-09-2008, 04:24 PM
nope its some kind of shaft, not 100% sure what it is but its a honda only part. Its for the 3.2 conversion our company is doing into a 91 NSX.

dan the man
13-09-2008, 04:45 PM
According to Bazza its getting hard this..

Honda Japan are lookign at whats been ordered for Rs with the chassis codes.. if they see two of the same part on one chassis code then they stop play.

Senninha
13-09-2008, 08:37 PM
nope its some kind of shaft, not 100% sure what it is but its a honda only part. Its for the 3.2 conversion our company is doing into a 91 NSX.

If its an OEM part you could try Dali or SOS in the USA ... theres a slim chance its on the shelf

HTH

AR
13-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Honda is not happy selling the parts tbo non R owners, I seriously doubt that any NSX-R owner or part seller will give that up as it will make them getting parts harder.

BTW It comes around the wrong way to use the forum only to ask or sell bits, specially if you are a business.

JMO and all that not NSXCB views or opinions etc, etc.

simonprelude
13-09-2008, 10:23 PM
I have a few NSX-R chassis numbers ;)

dan the man
14-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Yup your needs to save weight with you in pilots seat :)

Lankstarr
15-09-2008, 10:37 AM

Many of the bits will just be the same as NSX 02+ and you can get kits for the entire conversion in the US.

What's the spec for the conversion (any mechanical upgrades?) and what's your company called?

There's a bodywork shop called customize that I hear does a lot of work on NSXs:eek:

L*

Hagasan
15-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Many of the bits will just be the same as NSX 02+ and you can get kits for the entire conversion in the US.

What's the spec for the conversion (any mechanical upgrades?) and what's your company called?

There's a bodywork shop called customize that I hear does a lot of work on NSXs:eek:

L*

I'm guessing they know most of this because they were the guys breaking the 04 LBB in Ireland. I think it must be NSX-R specific if they had an 02+ already at their diposal?

AR
15-09-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm guessing they know most of this because they were the guys breaking the 04 LBB in Ireland. I think it must be NSX-R specific if they had an 02+ already at their diposal?

Still I can't understand how "Honda Experts" don't have this at their dispossal.

Senninha
15-09-2008, 06:13 PM

The only 'shaft' I can think of would be for the NSX-R gearset into the 6 speed box you've taken from the 04? If this is the case then you can order from the US places I suggested above or maybe from Barry at Vtec direct here in the UK

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
16-09-2008, 07:07 AM
anyone know where their 91 engine went and what made it so powerful?

Mic,

Please keep us updated on progress of your project and which route you go down to increase the power of the 3.2. There will be many interested parties ;o)

Luk

AR
16-09-2008, 12:58 PM
anyone know where their 91 engine went and what made it so powerful?

Mic,

Please keep us updated on progress of your project and which route you go down to increase the power of the 3.2. There will be many interested parties ;o)

Luk

I know where it went, but it will not be NA anymore and the buyer will be selling the pistons.

Cheers,

AR