PDA

View Full Version : New Member - '94 JDM NA1 189,000km

Kaz-kzukNA1
09-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Hi all at NSXCB. Just joined and would like to say hello to everyone.

One hot summer day of '94 in Japan, I started my new life with this dream car and since then, I covered about 189,000km (about 117,400miles) in 14 years. I bought it as a new car and until now, most of the maintenance services including timing belt, clutch, drive shaft, brake, CCU and etc were carried out by myself.

I have never posted to any of the NSX forum until now due to the nature of my business and I must admit that being as an old Japanese man, I was scared of some of the way the people placed their own view/opinion over the web. I prefer talking face to face or at least using private email or Skype. The members of NSXCB seem to be very polite and as I managed to cut down the amount of business travel, I thought it would be a good place and timing for the first post.

I am based in UK now but I still have lots of good contacts in Japan especially for NSX. I always get the parts from Japan but I don't place the order regularly.
I have the service manual (in Japanese with some different procedures compared to the Acura version on the web), parts list, wiring diagram and etc that are all for JDM. There are several information/parts specific to country/region but being as the same RHD car, lots of things can be shared between JDM and UK models.

My support or response speed will be nowhere near to the people running a garage or own an aftermarket shop but having said this, I hope I can help small number of NSX owners on technical information and Japanese communication based on my background and experience.

Well, I think this is enough for the starter and looking forward to exchanging information with you.

Regards,
Kaz

NSX 2000
09-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Hello Kaz and welcome.

I know what you mean about posting on websites, I think some people can be too trusting and post to much information about them selves.

Any way hope to meet you at a meet some time.

Paul.

Lankstarr
09-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi Kaz,

It put a smile on my face to see such a high mileage NSX and then a bigger one when I saw that you'd put all of the miles on yourself!

If I own any car for that long it could only be the NSX!

Welcome to the forum - my in laws are based in Bucks and I got married in Buckingham Church with a reception at Stowe. I pop back fairly regularly (not often in the NSX) so I'll keep an eye out for you :D

Luke

Sudesh
09-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Have you any pics of your car that you can share?

simonprelude
09-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Welcome Kaz

I hope we can be of use to the members of the forum as much as we can be of use to you.
I bet your NSX could tell some interesting stories if it could talk.

AR
09-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Welcome to the board. I know exactly what you mean about face to face, the internet can give us the wrong impression about a person sometimes.

Cheers,

Ary

amo
09-09-2008, 05:01 PM
hi mate and welcome
mmmmmmmm the bucks

i do some work up there will have to pop up give u plenty of notice

hope you have lots of fun on the site there not bad old bunch on here

thx amo

Kaz-kzukNA1
09-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Thank you all for the nice welcome message.

Paul,
As you are the first one to reply, I would like to say special thank you to you.

Luke,
Yes, I’m proud to be able to keep this car running at its best for such a long time and mileage. I know there are several people who covered more than 300,000km so I’m looking forward to joining them in the future. Our car was designed and developed when the Japanese economy was at its best so most of the parts on this car were of outstanding quality (apart from NA1 exhaust layout) and sometimes, even with minimum profit at the parts supplier. Everyone was proud to be part of the NSX project and not for the money.

Sudesh,
Pictures…. Good point. I have thousands of photos but all of them were taken while I was working under/inside the car or when the new parts arrived. Examples attached below.
One day, I better take a photo so that I can share the image of my car. It’s a Formula Red with Black roof.

Simonprelude,
Yes, she has been to many places and has lots of stories including the reason why I decided to buy this special car. Because of this, I brought her with me with another car when I moved from Japan to UK. I don’t want to tell too much over the web so all I can say is that I knew this car from the development stage.

Ary,
Thank you for your kind consideration.

amo,
Looking forward to meeting you in the future and thank you for the warm message.

Thank you.
Kaz

Silver Surfer
09-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Welcome Kaz,

It'll be a pleasure to exchange information with you as your wealth of knowledge regarding the NSX seems impressive already!!
I hope you makes some good friends from this forum and looking forward to some 'NSX meets' if you are interested and have time.

SS

TheSebringOne
09-09-2008, 10:17 PM
A very warm welcome to the club/forum Kaz :)

Its great to have someone with a wealth of knowledge, passion & love for our special car! Hopefully we will meet up one day and look forward to your interesting stories and experiences. :)

nigel
09-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Nice to see an NSX with a true die in the wool owner.
I only hope I can be around long enough to experience 117,000 mi on mine.
There are lots of great lads here and a wealth of knowledge and experience to share and enjoy here.
All the best.

Cheers
nigel

jaytip
10-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Welcome to the board Kaz.As mentioned above,this is a pretty close knit and friendly community.I hope you will become a regular poster and share some of your NSX travels in it's home land.

Cheers,

Ivor.

markdas
10-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Very impressive, welcome to the forum, I am not even allowed to change the oil on the NSX....the wife lets me mess around with the other cars but not the Honda!

Good luck and continue sharing your knowledge with us please...

Mark

Kaz-kzukNA1
10-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi all again and I just would like to say thank you for your polite and nice message including the members replied back from post #9 onwards.
I hope I can help at least some of the members within the community for the technical matter and parts. I also would like to learn a lot from you all. Looking forward for the future meetings.

Regards,
Kaz

Lankstarr
11-09-2008, 06:48 AM
I brought her with me with another car when I moved from Japan to UK. I don’t want to tell too much over the web so all I can say is that I knew this car from the development stage.

Saying things like that is just cruel... makes us really want to know more! You'll have to tell all face to face; I'm bound to forget to ask by the time the next meet is organised (unless you're going to Ary's bbq) so you'll have to come out with it!

Can you tell us what other car you choose to bring with you from Japan? Is it an NSX-R?:eek::laugh:

Cheers,

Luke

Kaz-kzukNA1
13-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi, Luke.
Apology for the late reply. I have been busy helping other members as well as dealing with the parts for my car that I ordered from Japan.
The other car that I brought from Japan is Mazda MX-5/Miata or I should say ‘Eunos Roadster’ as its original name. It’s a ’93 1800cc V Special-II so even older than the NSX. 1800cc engine was only brought into UK from ’94 so it’s quite special. It’s been looked after very well by me and I still love it.

Speaking of NSX-R, I was lucky enough to look after my friend’s NA1 NSX-R for a few months long time ago. It was good memories of comparing the differences between the standard and Type-R NSX. For the track usage, I’ll definitely go for the R but for the normal road and for my purpose, I think I made the right choice.

One day, it would be nice to meet with some of the members here so that we can have a good time talking about lots of things. I would like to learn from you all regarding the UK and other spec NSX. There are lots of experienced people here so I hope I can provide extra hands based on my background.

Nice knowing you.

Thank you.

Regards,
Kaz

dan the man
14-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Amazing first post. Im envious of your long term ownership and knowlage of your NSX, must be a nice feeling knowing your car inside out.
Enjoy the forum

JQD84983
14-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Welcome to the forum Kaz.

It sounds as if you have a great deal of close quarter knowledge of the NSX that will help us all.

Glad to make your acquaintance.

Best regards

John

sassthathoopie
18-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Welcome Kaz. Great to hear of a car with so many miles with just one owner. Clearly we have the same taste in cars (see below!)

Senninha
19-09-2008, 07:43 AM
A warm welcome Kaz,

I would have to concur with your view that the R is great on track but not ideally suited for road use, particular here in the UK!

I'm sure I join a long line of members here that would welcome the opportunity to meet you and your NSX and buy you a coffee over which we can learn more about the intersting life your NSX has led.

I've enjoyed a little over 12k miles in my NSX and hope to see many more recorded with me behind the wheel.

Having tackled and completed some less complex work on the NSX than yourself, it does surprise me how straight forward most tasks can be. This is clearly a big thumbs up to the engineers who developed the NSX. I'm not sure I would tackle some bigger jobs your photos reflect, but its good to know that NSX DIY when done properly will support a long and happy motoring experience!

I think the nearest 'regular' NSX meet to you is currently a Basingstoke meet, the next of which can only be a matter of weeks away.

See you soon

Warm regards, Paul

Yokohama_91
20-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Hi Kaz

Welcome to NSXCB really enjoyed your posts.

Take care on British roads!

Simon