PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Farce...

NSXGB
08-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Surprised nobody has posted anything about the farcical penalty given to Hamilton at Spa?!

Absolutely ridiculous. F1 is so Ferrari biased it stinks. How can they get away with being so blatant. They seemed biased last season but I gave them the benefit of the doubt, this season it's just too obvious.

Your thoughts....

britlude
08-09-2008, 02:43 PM
mclaren need to have more red on their cars!!! it is strange that the red cars can get away with everything, like breaking their pitcrews legs without penalty, or trying to cream each other off the track at 200mph, or nearly taking out another car in the pitlane, etc, etc, whereby if mclaren just sneeze, in a deemed to be offensive manner, they are penalised.

what's the betting that the stewards take delivery of their shiny new ferraris later in the week!!!!

eclipse1501
08-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Niki Lauda summed it up saying "It's unbelievable how the best driver in yesterday's race makes no mistakes and only gets six points."

And for those Honda drivers here still interested in F1 it looks like were getting Alonso next year:
http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=43868

SILVER BULLET
08-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Surprised nobody has posted anything about the farcical penalty given to Hamilton at Spa?!

Absolutely ridiculous. F1 is so Ferrari biased it stinks. How can they get away with being so blatant. They seemed biased last season but I gave them the benefit of the doubt, this season it's just too obvious.

Your thoughts....

I used exactly the same words when I heard the news last night,having spent a relaxed day in the good company of several forum members I returned home looking forward to watching the race which I had recorded.Having missed the qualifing on Saturday it was great to find that Hamilton was on pole,what with his early spin and consequent loss of the lead plus the prospect of rain later in the race ,the stage was set for an interesting race.

And what a race it was,probably the most exciting last few laps this year and although there was talk of an enquiry into the incident between Raikanen and Hamilton I didn't think anything would come of it as it just appeared to be nothing more than a racing incident in which Hamilton out smarted his rival:laugh:.

I will have to think long and hard as to whether I continue to watch F1, as it would appear that the results are being decided by the FIA and not the drivers:(.

PeteM
08-09-2008, 05:35 PM
I am totally at loss why the marshalls / FIA came to this conclusion!

The rules as I understand them where that if an advantage was gained form missing a chicane then if the advantage was given back then no penalty would occur as no advantage was taken.

Hamilton has already had points docked this year for taking an advantage from missing a chicane and it was quite clear in the footage that he allowed the ferrari back pass him as per the rules. So to be docked points due to a penalty for obaying a rule seems mad.

What more has he got to do, pull over for a cup of tea ????

jaytip
09-09-2008, 01:51 AM
I am totally at loss why the marshalls / FIA came to this conclusion!

The rules as I understand them where that if an advantage was gained form missing a chicane then if the advantage was given back then no penalty would occur as no advantage was taken.

Hamilton has already had points docked this year for taking an advantage from missing a chicane and it was quite clear in the footage that he allowed the ferrari back pass him as per the rules. So to be docked points due to a penalty for obaying a rule seems mad.

What more has he got to do, pull over for a cup of tea ????
More to the point Kimi crashed anyway,so it's not like Hamilton robbed him of two points.An absolute joke. :angry:

NSX 2000
09-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Did you know that the 3 person race officials who gave the penalty are 3 different people for each race, and at SPA one of them came from Kenya!

Now is Kenya famous for its motor racing heritage or for dodgy dealing corrupt officials.

JQD84983
09-09-2008, 06:09 PM

Your thoughts....

AMEN to that.... Lets put it this way the penalty would not have been dished out to a Ferrari.

simonprelude
09-09-2008, 09:36 PM
It was pretty scruffy driving from both drivers really.

However, if Kimi had finished the race and both drivers were penalised would we be discussing this ?? Going by the judgement it was against the advantage they gained over the then 3rd place driver that was the reason for the penalty.

Senninha
10-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Like Ian I returned home not knowing the grid/weather for the race so sat down and enjoyed an interesting race and truly great last 10 laps as Lewis turned up the wick in pursuit of Kimi.

You could see from half a lap back that Lewis was lining up for the bus-stop. From what I saw, if Lewis HADN'T cut the chicane then they would have both crashed out and not finished the race. Whats the betting that if that had happened, Lewis would of got a grid penalty for this weekends race and Kimi walked away....

Time to get the red paint out ...

If it wasn't for the fact that I want to see Lewis lift the title, I'd be joiing the ranks of those giving up on watching F1!!!

regards, Paul