PDA

View Full Version : Thornfalcon car show and wet Saturday drive!

Papalazarou
07-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Hi kidz,

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made it down to Somerset this weekend. Despite the shocking weather and the painfully slow tourist traffic, I think everyone had a good time.
We set off on Saturday morning from Minehead in the hope of driving a circular route around Exmoor, but only 5 miles in we had to return to my garage to get Ians window fixed. Basically his window motor had self destructed and his window had fallen down, halfway through a pretty heavy downpour.
Back at the garage Petes methodical approach to the problem of getting the door card off and releasing the plugs assured I didn't **** anything up.

Anyway, an hour later and we'd shored up the window with an 18" piece of wood wedged underneath the window attached to the mechansim by lime green zip ties. Very nice.

We then got back on track and did a shorter 30 mile loop on the north Devon and Somerset coast which was a little on the wet side (see pics).

Sunday was better however, the Thornfalcon car show is really laid back with plenty of interesting cars to see. Lots of Porsches, Caterhams, Aston Martins, vintage, American and lots of 60's/70's and 80's British stuff.

In the end we had 7 NSX's and a pretty chilled out day talking about cars and Pete and Matt giving me a hard time for 'mincing' whatever that is?

Finally, I await Pauls and Marks pic's of their adventure on their way back to Lessex or whereever they live?

Thanks again guys

Papalazarou
07-09-2008, 05:40 PM
here are some more pic's.....

SILVER BULLET
07-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Great pics as usual James, especially the ones of the silver car :laugh: Penny was pleased that you got her mini pickup in the background :)

Thanks for a good weekend mate, I just hope that you can remember where all the bits go when you put my door back together!!!:eek:

Hope everyone got home safely and well done all for making the effort to come along today,special thanks go to Matt for holding my window up for over an hour,Pete for memorising instructions from the forum for removing door card etc,etc and to James for his screwdriver and spanner work.

Cheers,
Ian.

TheQuietOne
07-09-2008, 07:25 PM
On a separate note I would also like to thank James for his spanner work last night.....

TheQuietOne
07-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Seriously though, I had a really good NSX weekend, great to have James' hospitality in the beautiful surrounding in which he lives - and very much enjoyed the company of Pete, Ian and James on Saturday and Mark, Paul and Simon at our slightly larger mini-meet today. Felt very proud to be flying the NSX flag metaphorically amongst a couple of fields of classics - they really looked the part and drew lots of positive attention. :cool:

Weekends like this make me realise how much I love my car, and what good friends I have made through this forum - it is a real pleasure. After all our conversations today I will crack on and take up the cudgels organising Silverstone for our 20th anniversary next year!:)

Senninha
07-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Good to meet up for a nice relaxing show and it even stayed dry for us which was a real benefit this weekend!!!!

Re Silverstone, I'm waiting to see how Chris (N of Zero's) gets on as he has written for info, but happy to help out where I can. Look forward to this being the biggest UK gathering to date!

As an added bonus, when Mark and I left we were passing the Haynes Motor Museum on the 303 and I noticed lots of activity. A quick cross country detour has us at the entrance gates.

We were greeted by the young lad who asked 'is this a rare car mister?' So long story short, we had stumbled across one of their monthly events and this one was appropriately for rare cars. After a quick chat with a Honda Beat owner and the owner of a £1700 paint option on his TVR that was very nice, we were lined up with the other show cars.

As we were announced to the crowd, I offered a crowd pleasing departure and left a little of the rear F1's on the tarmac :D before heading onto the short looped circuit.

As there is quite a bit of interest arounf the club for different events to use alongside meetings, maybe a visit to the Haynes website will turn up something of interest?

Great day and see you all soon, and Pete, your NSX is simply stunning!

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
07-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Great pics guys n gals! :thumbsup: Its brilliant to see gatherings like these, its a real shame there isn't enough of these cars up North or if they are, they're hiding or not members of this forum! :( Pic showing a car's reflection on the door is very cool & arty.

BlueNSX
07-09-2008, 08:34 PM
HI Guys

Thanks James for setting this one up, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you all and talk NSX's over coffee and Bacon buddies/Sandwiches. The camaraderie and friendliness is really what makes this club so special, it was great to make friends with some more NSX enthusiasts.

Silver Bullet your car is absolutely stunning as were James and Matt's all polished up. I really do think Silver its one of the best colours (next To midnight purple) I haven't seen a red one shine that much and the colour look so rich. Also its the first time I've seen how LBB should really look on James car as Noel's is always dirty :eek:.

Paul thanks for waiting for me at Fleet Services the drive down was great, and the one on the way back even better. You can tell the story - Crashing another car show and getting to take place in a parade. The NSX is so rare they love to see them!!!

Look forward to meeting up with every one again at the next meet! I hope we can make this more regular - would be good to see some of the Rare NSX's like the Type S and R and get to know all the other club members. I have been so grateful to people like Paul Senninha and Mark C for their help on fixing the car, also all the tech advice from NSX2000 and Barry From V-Tec Direct for his help in getting parts delivered

We have a couple of events coming up ARY's Famous BBQ and 02 November 2008 (http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/content/breakfastclub/Default.aspx) Goodwood Breakfast Club - ‘Sushi Sunday – a celebration of Japanese motoring culture’ - (http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/content/breakfastclub/Default.aspx)

Hope Everybody Got home safely see ya all soon

NSX 2000
07-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Glad to see you all had a good time and the weather held out. I drove down to Devon and back on Friday, and to say the weather and roads were bad would be a massive under satement!

I did try to get a pass out but due to being away last weekend I was never going to swing it!

Paul.

PS some good photos James, and don't worry about the mincing as long as you don't walk like a tea pot short and stout you'll be fine.

AR
08-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Great photos, looks like you had a great time despite the weather. Wish I could have gone but I was working away.

Papalazarou
08-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Glad everyone enjoyed it, I spoke to the organiser on the way out and he said that the field was completely waterlogged on the Saturday, so we were very luckly the event fell on the Sunday.

Here are some more pic's

PeteM
08-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Firstly a BIG thankyou to James for organizing both days.

I was quite apprehensive about the drive out on the saturday with the prospect of rain and rain soaked roads but actually quite enjoyed driving the car in the not so perfect conditions. Some of the views were breath taking when the weather conditions would actually allow you to see anything!

Ian it was fun taking your door apart. I now have a better idea of what to do when I take my door cards eventually. If you need a hand putting the window regulator back in I am sure between myself, James and Matt that we could throw it back together again.:)

The sunday motorshow was great and it was nice to meet up with Paul and Mark for the first time and talk "cars" for hours on end. It was also good to talk to various interested people about the Nsx.

Paul thanks for the kind words regrading my my pride and joy but not trying to butt kiss, your car is one of the most tastefully modified cars I have ever seen and you have got to love the carbon !

So thanks again to James, Matt, Ian, Paul, Mark and Simon for a brilliant weekend. Thumbs up for a Silverstone Meet.

Regards Pete.

p.s James thanks for the touch up.........

simonprelude
08-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Further proof of James' mincing :eek:

p.s James thanks for the touch up.........