PDA

View Full Version : Hi. Looking for late NA2-T, maybe importing...

Airscrew
06-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi, let me introduce myself.
I've been reading this forum and other NSX sites for a while.

I recently brought the family back from assignment in Germany, and there are quite a few NSX's in there and in Europe, as I'm sure you know.

I shall be looking more seriously now for an NSX.

I saw and then drove a late yellow NA2-T in Italy, and I know that may not be to everyone taste, but I thought and think it as gorgeous.

Some people have called my XK8 'sex on wheels'.
Yes, its great looking, and not many cars come close, but the NSX has turned my head, and I just cant get it out of my head.
And the Jag is a GT, not a sports car.

Anyway, knowing how few there are around (yellow NA2-T, post 2002), I have been toying with the idea of importing (yes I know its hassle and cost).

Q. Anyone here considered importing from the USA?
I'm not at all bothered by LHD, having lived and worked in Europe for years.
I know the LA spec will be different to the EU/UK spec, but by how much??

Q. Or does anyone have real-life experience of importing DIRECT from J. (other than Bazza, whom I havent contacted yet)

Thanks, Jonathan.

Also, I know some of you are hankering after a type-R.
Having spoken with some J importers, I have just been offered:

2005 NSX type R. 6MT. 3200cc. 11000km. White color. Grade 5.0. FOB
15,190,000yen
2005 NSX type T. 6MT. 3200cc. 4000km. Black color. Grade 5.0 FOB
11,985,000yen

Incase any of you has 100kEu to hand, they are at:
J's Garage Export Co,. LTD
Yoshiaka Ikeda yosi@j-garage.com

PS. In no way do I have a financial or commercial interest in these people!!!

TheSebringOne
06-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Hi & welcome to the forum, any questions, just ask us as we are a happy club! With regards to a NA2 02+ Targa in yellow will be very rare indeed, I say less than a handful in the UK? Anyone confirm? so do your research properly about importing otherwise you have to be very very patient! I don't think you metioned if you wanted a manual or auto? :)

Airscrew
06-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi & welcome to the forum, any questions, just ask us as we are a happy club! With regards to a NA2 02+ Targa in yellow will very rare indeed, I say less than a handful in the UK? Anyone confirm? so do your research properly about importing otherwise you have to be very very patient! I don't think you metioned if you wanted a manual or auto? :)

Thanks for the welcome. I think this sounds like a friendly group.

6spd.
I saw this many months ago, advertised in Spain.
Yellow with yellow leather.
It looks great, but is no longer available.

TheSebringOne
06-09-2008, 11:05 PM
There was a yellow NA2 02+ was for sale earlier this year and think it might be the one they use in the Parkers guide review section, not sure if its a Targa though? :)

ian dc5
12-10-2008, 11:42 AM
I only joined today, but i have been thinking about the NSX for some time. I'm also considering importing from Japan, timing of teh Yen rate is really important. The rate is really poor at the moment, 169 yen = 1 GBP, it was 230 when i bought my Integra, pretty cool as one imported now will cost you £2k more!

I imported my Honda DC5 integra direct from Japan. Pretty simply process really. Get yourself a japanese action account, log on every mornign at 5am for the next days auctions, request the auction sheets for any car your interested in (get it translated). Know the market before you bid and bid the maximum price you are willign to pay.

Easiest way is to get an agent that won't rip you off, otherwise you will fighting the japanese system, deregistration, shipping export etc.

You have to pay the full auction cost when you have won, i think you have 5 days to do this. plus agents fee usually around £500.

When you get to the UK you will need to pay for 1) Customs fees (10%) 2) VAT@17.5%, and 3) then an SVA test if the car is under 10 years old plus you need a CAT 1 system as Japanese ones aren't recognise by UK insurers - expect around £1500 for the SVA.

Oh and you need to wait 4 weeks for shipping from Japan to UK once you get on the boat, which can take 2 to 3 weeks depneding on exports etc. And 3 weeks for SVA and DVLA registration.

last and not least keep you fingers crossed that all gioes well and don't fortget to pay £150 marine insurance incase the boat sinks!

Oh the Company i used was called Autoadvan. The have a team out in Japan and turn queries etc round in 2 hours max. They dont seem to sleep.

Just notice teh prices you have been offered are more than the UK price. Some of the Japanese exports are a rip off, becareful. Do you investigation check all the forums.

AR
12-10-2008, 02:36 PM
I only joined today, but i have been thinking about the NSX for some time. I'm also considering importing from Japan, timing of teh Yen rate is really important. The rate is really poor at the moment, 169 yen = 1 GBP, it was 230 when i bought my Integra, pretty cool as one imported now will cost you £2k more!

I imported my Honda DC5 integra direct from Japan. Pretty simply process really. Get yourself a japanese action account, log on every mornign at 5am for the next days auctions, request the auction sheets for any car your interested in (get it translated). Know the market before you bid and bid the maximum price you are willign to pay.

Easiest way is to get an agent that won't rip you off, otherwise you will fighting the japanese system, deregistration, shipping export etc.

You have to pay the full auction cost when you have won, i think you have 5 days to do this. plus agents fee usually around £500.

When you get to the UK you will need to pay for 1) Customs fees (10%) 2) VAT@17.5%, and 3) then an SVA test if the car is under 10 years old plus you need a CAT 1 system as Japanese ones aren't recognise by UK insurers - expect around £1500 for the SVA.

Oh and you need to wait 4 weeks for shipping from Japan to UK once you get on the boat, which can take 2 to 3 weeks depneding on exports etc. And 3 weeks for SVA and DVLA registration.

last and not least keep you fingers crossed that all gioes well and don't fortget to pay £150 marine insurance incase the boat sinks!

Oh the Company i used was called Autoadvan. The have a team out in Japan and turn queries etc round in 2 hours max. They dont seem to sleep.

Just notice teh prices you have been offered are more than the UK price. Some of the Japanese exports are a rip off, becareful. Do you investigation check all the forums.

I think you will find that most of the cars don't work out that cheaper when imported.

Cheers,

AR

ian dc5
12-10-2008, 02:56 PM
At the moment i agree and it is the wait that will kill you.

TheSebringOne
12-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Since you have a good grasp of importing from Japan, are there any particular cars you have been looking at present in the land of the rising sun?

ian dc5
21-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Not at the moment the exchange rate is pants down at 164:eek:

When i bought my DC5 it was 230:D

I'm looking out for a UK version soemtime in the new year, i think my DC5 has to go they are now becomign to common. I'm just concerned about the running costs as i need a car i can use 3 or 4 days per week.

Always fancied an NSX but really need a 3.2 rather than the 3.0. I need something as quick as the DC5.

Silver Surfer
21-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Always fancied an NSX but really need a 3.2 rather than the 3.0. I need something as quick as the DC5.

The 3.0l manual is as quick as a 3.2l and also quicker than the DC5. ;)

SS

AR
21-10-2008, 09:45 PM

Wow mate I can tell you never properly driven a 3.2 and a 3.0 manual back to back!

NoelWatson
22-10-2008, 05:56 AM
The 3.0l manual is as quick as a 3.2l and also quicker than the DC5. ;)

SS

This is an interesting one. When Chris Harris tested the 02 NSX he said it was like a completely different car to the NA1 NSX in terms of performance - being quicker by around 3 seconds to the ton. Maybe the original road test car was down on power...

AR
22-10-2008, 08:27 AM
This is an interesting one. When Chris Harris tested the 02 NSX he said it was like a completely different car to the NA1 NSX in terms of performance - being quicker by around 3 seconds to the ton. Maybe the original road test car was down on power...

Take a 3.0 add headers, test pipes and a good exhaust and you have no problems there.

Silver Surfer
22-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Take a 3.0 add headers, test pipes and a good exhaust and you have no problems there.

;) Like mine !

SS

ian dc5
22-10-2008, 11:29 AM
oh dear what have i started re the 3.0 v 3.2 debate. This is the same issue we have on the DC5 forum pre-facelift v facelift. i have never driven or been in an NSX and will be keeping my eye open for a meet in the south next year when i hope aa nice kind memeber on the site will take me for a quick drive.

My DC5 is slightly modded and makes 247 at the fly.

Lankstarr
22-10-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm surprised you discuss about pre or post facelift DC5s... I take it people are all agreed the DC2 is the best of the lot!?

L*

simonprelude
22-10-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm surprised you discuss about pre or post facelift DC5s... I take it people are all agreed the DC2 is the best of the lot!?

L*

I agree........... ;)

On the DC5's there is as far as I'm aware no performance difference so ??
Just a looks thing, facelift is ugly ;)

........ and we all know the facelift NA2's are down on power due to the emissions.

NoelWatson
22-10-2008, 12:30 PM
oh dear what have i started re the 3.0 v 3.2 debate. This is the same issue we have on the DC5 forum pre-facelift v facelift. i have never driven or been in an NSX and will be keeping my eye open for a meet in the south next year when i hope aa nice kind memeber on the site will take me for a quick drive.

My DC5 is slightly modded and makes 247 at the fly.

Stating flywheel figures will start "that other" debate!!

simonprelude
22-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Stating flywheel figures will start "that other" debate!!

lol.... ;)

AR
22-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Anything about the NSX is enough to start a debate!

kowalski
22-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Anything about the NSX is enough to start a debate!

Sorry Ary but have to disagree! :D

TheQuietOne
22-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Sorry Ary but have to disagree! :D

Leigh I hate to say it but you are totally wrong mate...:rolleyes:

kowalski
22-10-2008, 08:19 PM

Oh no i'me not!

simonprelude
22-10-2008, 08:33 PM

Oh no i'me not!

I think you're both wrong................

So when do I get my shrine visit ??

Senninha
22-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Oh no i'me not!

Excuse me...., you with the stripes, you're wrong! :bigsmile:

Senninha
22-10-2008, 08:44 PM
So when do I get my shrine visit ??

Only clean cars welcomed at the shine so I hear ;) ... could be a while b4 you're invite arrives .....

mutley
22-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Only clean cars welcomed at the shine so I hear ;) ... could be a while b4 you're invite arrives .....

More of this shrine talk................... Me Iz Cofuzzed!!

Jim

Lankstarr
23-10-2008, 06:26 AM
More of this shrine talk................... Me Iz Cofuzzed!!

Jim

No change there;)

You're not paying enough attention to the posts mate... all the info you need s there to crack the code...

mutley
23-10-2008, 09:52 AM
No change there;)

You're not paying enough attention to the posts mate... all the info you need s there to crack the code...

What?? like the Da Vinci code!!!

simonprelude
23-10-2008, 09:57 AM
I think there's even a photo of it on this forum ;)

mutley
23-10-2008, 10:00 AM
I think there's even a photo of it on this forum ;)

Oh for F***s sake, I'm i the process of digging through the formum as we speak!!

AHAHAHA think I found it, is this is per chance??
http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=5387&highlight=shrine

rsevo6
25-10-2008, 05:29 PM
If anyone is looking for a very good '98 NA2 3.2-T, mine is for sale, mind you, LHD. Info here:
http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=vemjxibwarus