PDA

View Full Version : How do from Scoland

Phase4
05-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi,

Not sure if we are new members or not as we used to be on here some time ago.

Still got the '92 silver NSX we bought in 2002.

Just done some fiddling with it. Fitted the Dali window thingies yesterday (they have sat on the shelf for four years). Relatively straight forward. Getting the old plastic ones off was the most difficult part. Both had started spreading a bit but the metal tags were okay. Had to break the plastic bits to get them off. Getting the Dali bits on was relatively easy. One person to pull the cable tag with pliers, the other to push down on the track (possibly flexing it a bit, ie, putting more curve on it). I also removed the two plastic cable guides to give more slack to the cable.

Fixed the pax side spotlamp (the downloadable Acura manual is no good as they don't fit them in the U.S.) with a new bulb, but it has some severe road rash and the lens is almost opaque.

Just got to fix the bass speaker amp.

Car has done little miles the past few years (48 in 2007) and that was back and forth for its MoT, and it was becoming a handy workbench in the garage for bits for the other cars. I knew the spoiler would come in handy.

We used it last week as our wedding car and went on honeymoon in it to Gleneagles, and took it to Santa Pod to the MoPar Nationals in late July but didn't run it up the track. Great car for the 800 mile day trip though.

Not sure if anyone may remember us, but we went to Supercar Sunday with it, back in 2003 or so, when all the DeLoreans were there, and parked it on the NSX stand.

I deal with the Scottish police a lot and there is a red small wheel NSX that sits near Lothian Police HQ. Never met the owner.

All the best
Sandy and Linda

Senninha
05-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Congrats on your recent wedding and for no longer using the rear of you NSX as a workbench :laugh:

Judging by your post #'s, the system seems to have reset you as if a new member

Hope to see you getting a bit more use from the NSX throughout the year

And what is it about Scotland and Silver NSX's........

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
05-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Welcome back and congrats on your wedding! 48 miles in a year! Thats lower than me for a change :) Where in bonnie Scotland are you from?

Strange Paul what you say about silver NSX and Scotland, you could include me too being a Glaswegian! :D