PDA

View Full Version : NSX-R Seats

Sudesh
03-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Just wondering is there anywhere that sells replica NSX-R seats?

jaytip
03-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Apparently not.From what i have read,Honda took the moulds off Recaro to prevent direct copies being made.Pole Position**** (insert model here,chaps who know) are the closest.

NSXGB
04-09-2008, 06:22 AM
Why **** ????

NSX 2000
04-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Why **** ????

Because Jaytip is not sure what the model number/name is. This has been discussed before so may be worth a search?
HTH
Paul.

simonprelude
04-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Pole position or SPG are about the nearest from memory.

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productdetail.asp?pid=385&type=s&appgrpid=14&appid=62&rid=

NSXGB
04-09-2008, 09:12 AM
....Yes, I thought it was just Pole Position, thought the **** must be a slightly different model....

Sudesh
04-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Anyone know what the size difference/dimensions is on the Pole Position Compared to the NSX-R seats? also can the pole psoition seats be purchased without the fabric and just as a shell?

NSXGB
04-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Anyone know what the size difference/dimensions is on the Pole Position Compared to the NSX-R seats? also can the pole psoition seats be purchased without the fabric and just as a shell?

....they'd be a bit uncomfortable....:)

Sudesh
04-09-2008, 10:14 AM
lol! Wasnt planning on installing them without fabric! I was speaking to a guy that could make the seats look as close to the NSX-R as possible by changing the fabric to something similar, also removing the RECARO logo to the right place color and size. So was thinking if I could get the seats without the fabric it may be a bit less plus it would save wasting the original cover.

simonprelude
04-09-2008, 11:21 AM
They should be available without any logo's.
Ask Capital Seating as above, service is good if not a little slow at times.

lol! Wasnt planning on installing them without fabric! I was speaking to a guy that could make the seats look as close to the NSX-R as possible by changing the fabric to something similar, also removing the RECARO logo to the right place color and size. So was thinking if I could get the seats without the fabric it may be a bit less plus it would save wasting the original cover.

simonprelude
04-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Looking at the link I provided it's listed as.............

The racing shell for newcomers to motor sports with FIA homologation. The RECARO Pole Position - pure sportiness. The distinct shell shape and a choice of colours makes your car into an ultimate "racing vehicle".

Material is listed seperately.

Sudesh
04-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi Simon,

Thanks for the link. I called them and they said to order the seats as just a shell with cushions, would be a special order item, and would cost more than than ordering a normal set and just taking the fabric off which I thought was strange?? he also said the model to order is the "Pole Position ABE" which is for road cars and allows the use of the normal seat belts. Hes sending me an email with details and the dimensions of the seat.

Sudesh
04-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Got the email,

Heres a copy of the dimensions. Anyone know the dimensions of the NSX-R seats?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/RecaroPolePositionDimensions.jpg

Senninha
04-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Sudesh,

PP's will be the closest to OEM but are not available in the CF/kevlar however youcould always get them wrapped if you want the OEM look.

I believe you can buy the OEM covers for the both the R and S variants (S having the leather outer). I cant find the link but dro a pm to Frank on Prime for more info unless you have a decent trim shop nearby.

As for the OEM moulds, Detlef did approach Honda but they chose to receover them from Recaro and take them back to Japan. Whether they still exist and will be re-used is unclear.

Let me know how you get on with the covers please.

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
10-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Let me know how you get on as well!

Cheers,

Luke

Lankstarr
10-09-2008, 03:36 PM
So... if you went for the black in the pic would it just be £313 a seat + £30 for rails?

Sounds like a bargain!

Sudesh
10-09-2008, 03:53 PM
So... if you went for the black in the pic would it just be £313 a seat + £30 for rails?

Sounds like a bargain!

Luke the price for the Pole Position ABE, which is the type needed is £314+vat, then the rails.

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productdetail.asp?pid=207&type=s&appgrpid=14&appid=62&rid=

Senninha
10-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Sudesh,

Can/have you enquired whether Recaro will sell replacement seat covers as per the OEM Type S and R. I beleive they will fit reasonably well to the PP's

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
10-09-2008, 04:33 PM
I think I'd like the red velour ones, any idea whether the rails would be plug and play into the existing fitting holes?

Are you going to get some?

Luke

Sudesh
10-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Paul I havent asked that question yet, whos the best to contact Recaro or the Guy on Prime you mentioned? I would say the OEM NSX-R/S seat covers will be alot more expensive that the Pole Position seats themelves!

Luke , the rails I was thinking about would have been the SOS rails as recaro dont list any rails for the NSX, I was also thinking of tinkering with the OEM rails and seeing if a mod could be done to keep them and the electrics.

If I change mine I'm going to go with the black seats, the red will be more difficult to keep I think.

Lankstarr
10-09-2008, 05:49 PM
mmmm but red seats in a red car look sooo good!

My seats have been retrimmed in red alcantara (or something!) and have been fine as nobody else sits in them!

Black is the sensible choice, but IMO red will look better if you can keep them that way!

I agree that trying a cf wrap or getting NSX-R/S seat covers doesn't make financial sense when spending £800 on a pair of seats... it could cost double that to sort out!

Luke

Sudesh
10-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Luke have you any pics of your seats? Would like to see how that looks. Yeah I agree the red would look good, but what kinda puts me off is, after seeing some DC2's/DC5's with the red seats they always tend to look a bit shabby with the wear getting in and out. But I suppose as I dont really drive my car too much the red probably would look ok.

Senninha
10-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Luke have you any pics of your seats? Would like to see how that looks. Yeah I agree the red would look good, but what kinda puts me off is, after seeing some DC2's/DC5's with the red seats they always tend to look a bit shabby with the wear getting in and out. But I suppose as I dont really drive my car too much the red probably would look ok.

Simply take a look at Detlef car pre the 02 conversion, this will show you what your car could look like - ( it even has the white rims you were considering)

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
10-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Here's a thread with Ary's (old?) seats from Papa with red inserts:

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=5063&highlight=seats

I'll take some pics of mine in the morning when it's light - there were some on here somewhere that Matt posted but I can;t find them!

Luke

Lankstarr
11-09-2008, 07:00 AM
Here's a couple of pics of my interior:

You can see that the headrest was retrimmed to subtly include the NSX logo; I would have ensured the font was correct if doing it but it's a nice touch.

The sides of the seats are original, just the centres were retrimmed.

It looks a lot redder and less pink in reality!

I've got a reduced height seat cushion coming from Dali so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it and the colour... I may not need it at all if I can get some recaros fitted!

I like the DC5, ATR and CTR premier recaros - any idea how much they differ from the ones in this thread and whether they'll fit or be better seats?

Cheers,

Luke

Lankstarr
11-09-2008, 07:04 AM
this is a better one:

Sudesh
11-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Paul, have you any links to Detlef's car?

Luke, That looks well! I always like the Alcantara/Suede look.

Lankstarr
11-09-2008, 10:38 AM
I think you'll find full details on here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36427

mmmmm procar NSX-RR

Yokohama_91
18-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Did you know that Recaro Seats sold in Japan are actually made in Japan and to a much higher standard that the German seat. So NSX Type R Recaros are made in Japan to Honda's specific spec.

The OEM Type R or S seat comes as a complete part, the covers are not individual parts and they are far too expensive for ordinary NSX owners like me.

The other fact about Japanese Recaros is that they are not wide fitting, so the only solution I had [although I live in Japan] was to contact Capital Seating and took a pair of German Pole Positions, retrimmed them in soft black leather with red stitch and small red Recaro logo and shipped them to me in Japan, I then had to get some Juran low level seat rails as SOS have stopped making theirs but they fit well and look fantastic, in fact they look exactly like Gan-san's seats in his red NSX

There is a picture of them in my virtual garage.

Cheers

simon

Silver Surfer
18-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Now that looks good and OEM...good job Yokohama_91.

What was the total cost for all parts and conversion in £?

SS

Lankstarr
18-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Very nice - please post etails of cost:D

The best seats I've seen taht aren;t NSX-R or S.

L*

Sudesh
18-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Looks fantastic!! Thats basically the same idea I had, taking the PP seats and having them re-trimmed. Very nice job Simon........

Have you details of the rails you used? and any more pics of the seats please!

Procar Specials
18-09-2008, 11:57 AM
The real deal (NSX-R NA2 red Alcantara/leather with cf bucket RECARO seats)

The difference is that these seats are produced for the NSX extra, the buckets uses the maximum deepness to the floor carpet.
Even if they are not that big as standard Recaro PP's, they are very comfortable. ((PP's are very near to the side windows)

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/5576Sitze_1.jpg

Lankstarr
18-09-2008, 12:00 PM
The real deal (NSX-R NA2 red Alcantara/leather with cf bucket RECARO seats)
g]

Show off:laugh:

AR
18-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Once again I will say that the NSX-R recaros won't fit the average western male.

markc
18-09-2008, 07:05 PM
I'll measure my seats when I get back (I've be out of the country with work) and post the comparitive sizes, to the regular Recaro Pole Positions.

My immediate previous car had generic Recaro PP's fitted to it and the NSX ones fit me almost identically... and very nicely :) I'd be surprised if they're more than a few mm's differant, but obviously that could make a big differance.

This type of seat is fixed for rake once bolted in but there are differant mounting holes in the runner mounts which allow you to change the rake. This makes an enormous differance to the "feel" of how the seat fits. The current rake of my seat fitment makes you sit quite upright and rounds your shoulders a little. This is better for shorter more intense periods at the wheel (race/rally car style) and less good for cruising long distances.

I also know that PP's have changed over the years so a Model Year 1999 Pole Position could be sublty differant in size and finish to a MY 2008 one.

Recaro SPG's, used to be an identical shape to PP's except they were narrower. The SPG's you buy today are quite a differant shape. I think the current PP's are available in 2 width's.

Here's some pic of the Porsche specific PP's fitted to the 964RS, 993 RS and 968CS models and also my old generic PP's. The shells/backs of the Porsche ones have the same raised bracing as the NSX R/S ones although they're not in made from Carbon/Kevlar like the NSX ones...

Cheers

Mark

Yokohama_91
19-09-2008, 01:35 AM
:no:
Now that looks good and OEM...good job Yokohama_91.

What was the total cost for all parts and conversion in £?

SS

OK the seats, including air freight to Japan cost me 1,750 GBP for the pair, I can't remember how much the frieght costs were [700?] and I didn't pay VAT either. That may sound a lot but a pair of Japanese Recaros to the same spec in Japan would cost me 3,725 GBP, and the the Type R OEMs would cost 6,700 GBP - but I really wanted the black leather with red stitch.

I picked up on an NSXPrime thread, this British Guy who had these seats made by Capital Seating in UK, so I contacted them - Joe Beales [e-commerce@capitalseating.co.uk] he mentioned that they could produce the same and would keep the dyes on file to be able to repeat the order, if you mention my name Simon from Yokohama I'm sure he can give you a UK delivered price for the same seats.

Thinking about it they may be able to retrim a pair of secondhand Pole Positions which would keep the cost down.

For the seat rails I tried SOS but they were out of production, the Taitec rails were not wide enough for the 430mm width of the PPs. The Recaro mounts are just too high for the NSX my head would touch the roof and I'm 5ft 10. So I used a pair of Japanese seat rails made by Juran Racing at 168 GBP and had them modified and fitted with the seats for 100 GBP.

Total cost to me in Japan 2,018 GBP

Now you are thinking leather Recaros may get a bit sweaty on long trips and track days, so I bought a pair of Recaro racing seat cushions for 120 GBP for two they reduce the sitting position by about an inch and give a really solid fit when pulling 1.4G around the curves at Fuji Speedway :-)

I have attached some more photos also showing the racing cushions and Recaro side bolster protectors - also available in black with red stitch.

Cheers

Simon

jaytip
19-09-2008, 02:55 AM
The current rake of my seat fitment makes you sit quite upright and rounds your shoulders a little. This is better for shorter more intense periods at the wheel (race/rally car style) and less good for cruising long distances.

Mark
Are they the same now as when you bought it? I ask because when i test drove it,the seats were the one thing about it that i didn't like,as you mention above the seating position is very upright.I just could not get comfortable in it.

Cheers,

Ivor.

Lankstarr
19-09-2008, 05:33 AM
Hmmm looks like the retrim effiectively doubles the price of the seats... but does look fantastic!

I wonder if they'd do a group buy price for a few sets!?

Sounds liek rails could be a problem if we can;t get SOS ones. Seat height is really important to me being 6'5", one of the reasons I want to go with new seats!

The protectors are a good idea... protect that lovely soft leather :O)

Thanks for all the info.

Luke

Sudesh
19-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Luke a pair of the Recaros here works out much cheaper,

From Capital Seating via the net:

Net Total £628.00http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/images/clear.gif
Delivery £12.60
VAT £112.11
Total Payable £752.71

I wont be paying VAT either, so they will set me back £640.00

Depending on the way I re-trim the seats, the guy I use can do the both seats for around £300/£400 and thats in either Full leather/leather and Alcantara or just Alcantara with any color of stitching.

So total would be £940/£1040.

He did say it may come in cheaper, as it's not a full retrim with leaving the backs of the seats untouched.

Lankstarr
19-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Sounds you're on your way!

Let us know how you get on.

I'm going to see how my new seat cushion goes and then maybe look properly after the baby's born (in one of my man sleepness nights!)

Good luck!

Sudesh
19-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Yeah I'm on the way but not purchasing just yet as I need to get rails for the seats.

I've also been wondering if there is ANY electric seat rail out there that could be used to fit the seats? I'm not going to take apart the OEM rails as I plan to sell the OEM seats, but I would like to make the new ones electric if possible, only need forward and backward motion and I have access to a quality engineering company that could aid in making anything the may be necessary to help with fitting.

This may become a winter project for me as I might also chage the carpet to a NSX-R style fabric in red or black.

Lankstarr
19-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Carpet changing sounds like a big job... have you heard of black spray paint?

Finding the right rails is a bit of a pain by the sounds of it... my seat position doesn;t really change so I'm not sure how much hassle I'd go to for a slow, heavy electric motion when it wouldn;t get used. Obviously I'm not aware of your seat changing habits though.

I know the seats are expensive... but what about the NSX-R rails? They're electric forward and back.

L*

PS... if you do the carpet sthen you'll have to retrim the dash, b-pillars and roof in alcantara to make it look right;)

Senninha
19-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Will you all please stop this talk about group buys for seats and interior make overs right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all need a new mantra ... the OEM interior is perfect the way it is!!

Now please close this thread Mr Moderator :)

Sudesh
19-09-2008, 06:51 PM
PS... if you do the carpet sthen you'll have to retrim the dash, b-pillars and roof in alcantara to make it look right;)

I already have my pillars done in black alcantara and also have the alcantara to do the roof, just havent go around to it yet.

Lankstarr
20-09-2008, 05:56 AM
Sounds like an easy way to update the interior. did you just get a roll of alcantara and fix it on with spray glue?

I've done some recovering of parcel shelves to hide speakers but would be nervous about the headlining ... will it mould to the shape easy enough or will you be left with creases?

Match it in with some alcantara buckets...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-PAIR-WRC-BUCKET-SPORTS-SEATS-in-BLACK-S-ALCANTARA_W0QQitemZ200254376170QQcmdZViewItem?hash =item200254376170&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C24 0%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I bet their rails wont fit an NSX!

Luke

markc
20-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Are they the same now as when you bought it? I ask because when i test drove it,the seats were the one thing about it that i didn't like,as you mention above the seating position is very upright. I just could not get comfortable in it.

First off, my seats are exactly the same size as the PP's in the Recaro diagram posted by Sudesh. Subjectively I thought so, but the tape measure now confirms this.

Ivor, no they're still in the same position. Actually the Honda runner mounts don't have multiple holes, I meant that the Recaro ones do. Look closely at the side view pic of my old PP's on their Recaro mounts (below) and you can see 3 holes at the front and 2 holes at the back. Simon's install also shows an optional hole on the rear mounts he used. I couldn't get a good pic that shows the rear mount bolt on mine (Delef's pics are better for this ) but the Honda mount doesn't have other holes, although it'd be dead easy to add another lower one on the rear mount if you wanted to, which would have the effect of reclining the seat. As they are I find them perfect when you're in the mood to attack a road :)

The seat belt mount is the other thing you're going to have problems with if you use non-original mounts. The Honda ones incorporate the belt mounts so that they move with the seat. You can't do this with the Recaro one. Simon's install seems to solve this on the outside/doorside with a hook or ring mounted to the seat rail, but there is no clip on the inside/tunnelside. Not a problem if you're fitting 4 or 6 point belts BUT they're P.I.T.A for anything other than track days so it's nice to have the original 3 point belts available for everything else. You may be able to adapt another rail that has belt mounts incorporated into it but I suspect it'll be hard to track down a suitable candidate let alone modify it to fit the Honda floor mounts and Recaro PP seat.

Ohh, those yellow "spider" backed Porsche RS (Pole Position varient) seats I posted a picture of sold for £800 recently on ebay. You might want to keep and eye out for a pair of them.

Cheers

Mark

AR
20-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Mark the there is a picture somewhere on Prime that shows the slight difference between your seats ( Honda OEM ) and the PP. I recently sat in Bazza's Track civic with PP on and I fit better than I did on my NSX-R. It is to do with the shape of the backrest and shoulder support area.

Cheers,

AR

markc
24-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Found the pic (attached), the NSX-R seat (same shell as the S) is the red one on the right...

AR, you're correct and I stand corrected, however I was measuring the seat width. The width at the shoulder and at the front of the base are the same though.

In the pic the R seat is old/used and the PP is new which make them look even more differant than they are. The R seat has more padding, attachd to the shell and under the cover, on the sides and edges. This foam padding on the sides above the seat belt holes gets flattened with age/use as you can't help but sit on them as you get in and out of the car. You can see that this has happened on the R seat in the pic and is why they look differant in this area. The same will happen to the PP over time but to a lesser degree as they have less padding under there.

The R/S seat base cushion is thicker than the stock PP as well so it feels a bit softer on the old cheeks.

The shoulder area may be very slightly differant but it's just as likely that if the seat in Bazza's Civic is fitted at a slightly differant rake angle and this would be just as likely to make it feel a bit differant.

When I bought my NSX I drove my 993, which had the Recaro PP's pictured in my earlier post fitted, up to view it. I test drove the NSX, back to back with the 993, then drove the 993 home. The 2 seats were so similar I could barely tell the differance.

The PP's are great but mounting them, and particularly the standard seat belts, is going to be difficult.

Cheers

Mark

AR
25-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Found the pic (attached), the NSX-R seat (same shell as the S) is the red one on the right...

AR, you're correct and I stand corrected, however I was measuring the seat width. The width at the shoulder and at the front of the base are the same though.

In the pic the R seat is old/used and the PP is new which make them look even more differant than they are. The R seat has more padding, attachd to the shell and under the cover, on the sides and edges. This foam padding on the sides above the seat belt holes gets flattened with age/use as you can't help but sit on them as you get in and out of the car. You can see that this has happened on the R seat in the pic and is why they look differant in this area. The same will happen to the PP over time but to a lesser degree as they have less padding under there.

The R/S seat base cushion is thicker than the stock PP as well so it feels a bit softer on the old cheeks.

The shoulder area may be very slightly differant but it's just as likely that if the seat in Bazza's Civic is fitted at a slightly differant rake angle and this would be just as likely to make it feel a bit differant.

When I bought my NSX I drove my 993, which had the Recaro PP's pictured in my earlier post fitted, up to view it. I test drove the NSX, back to back with the 993, then drove the 993 home. The 2 seats were so similar I could barely tell the differance.

The PP's are great but mounting them, and particularly the standard seat belts, is going to be difficult.

Cheers

Mark

Well mate hopefully soon I'll be able to tell.

At the moment my NSX is seatless.

Lesson here, never sell your old seats until your old ones are in, or in this case the rails!

TheQuietOne
27-09-2008, 06:10 PM
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111884

Just thought this might interest people on this thread! Not sure if they are a good price though?

Sudesh
27-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Not a bad price! Would depend on the delivery cost from the US to UK.

You can buy a pair of Leather PP's from Capital seating for £1,355 which included vat and UK delivery.

bazza
30-09-2008, 01:42 PM
We'll be offering the Pole Positions with sliding rails to fit the NSX as a package - various colours and finishes available. Watch this space.:)

Lankstarr
30-09-2008, 03:32 PM
I'll be watching:rolleyes:

Let us know prices and whether this would be an in stock item or something we'd have to wait for.

Thanks,

Luke

Senninha
30-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Just like these please Bazza

Thanx, Paul

bazza
01-10-2008, 01:31 PM
I'll be watching:rolleyes:

Let us know prices and whether this would be an in stock item or something we'd have to wait for.

Thanks,

Luke

Delays at the moment have been caused by rails - not the seats:angry:

If the test on Ary's car is 100% successful I'll be buying in half a dozen sets of rails and promoting these packages.:)

bazza
01-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Just like these please Bazza

Thanx, Paul

The seats will be the same as the ones Simon posted earlier..

Here is a snippet taken from the Recaro brochure:

http://www.vtecdirect.com/recaro.jpg

Carbon Kevlar is out of the question at the moment, but I am sure if we had several orders Recaro may do something:D

AR
01-10-2008, 01:41 PM
If the test on Ary's car is 100% successful I'll be buying in half a dozen sets of rails and promoting these packages.:)

Call me the test chimp! :)

Senninha
02-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Call me the test chimp! :)

Ok you're a test chimp

AR
02-10-2008, 11:15 AM
"You hum it son, I'll play it!" ...

Senninha
02-10-2008, 12:34 PM
"You hum it son, I'll play it!" ...

I'm not sure some of our younger owners will remember this as well as you and me Ary :rolleyes:

<H4>Brooke Bond PG Tips tea (3): 1971

Father: Getting the hang of it: mind the banisters, son.
Son: Oooh, I can’t hold it Dad.
Father: Don’t worry, son, I’ve shifted more pianos than you’ve had hot dinners.
Lady home-owner: Coo-ee, coo-ee, Mr Shifter, Light refreshment.
Father: Thank you kindly, madam. (Piano falls downstairs) One way of shifting it.
Voice-over: When a good cup of tea really counts, you’re right to drink Brooke Bond PG Tips. It’s the tea you can really taste.
Son: Dad, do you know the piano’s on my foot?
Father: You hum it son, and I’ll play it.
[The Chimps as piano-shifters]
</H4>

Sudesh
02-10-2008, 12:50 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F0kLsMqS07U

AR
07-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Did you know that Recaro Seats sold in Japan are actually made in Japan and to a much higher standard that the German seat. So NSX Type R Recaros are made in Japan to Honda's specific spec.

The OEM Type R or S seat comes as a complete part, the covers are not individual parts and they are far too expensive for ordinary NSX owners like me.

The other fact about Japanese Recaros is that they are not wide fitting, so the only solution I had [although I live in Japan] was to contact Capital Seating and took a pair of German Pole Positions, retrimmed them in soft black leather with red stitch and small red Recaro logo and shipped them to me in Japan, I then had to get some Juran low level seat rails as SOS have stopped making theirs but they fit well and look fantastic, in fact they look exactly like Gan-san's seats in his red NSX

There is a picture of them in my virtual garage.

Cheers

simon

Simon,

Is that for the NA2 seats?

The seats on my NA1 NSX-R were made in Germany.

Cheers,

Ary

dan the man
07-10-2008, 10:28 PM
LOL at test chimp :)

NSXGB
07-10-2008, 10:42 PM

Will they be available separate or only as a package?

AR
08-10-2008, 12:04 PM
LOL at test chimp :)

Make that a super patient test chimp!

Lankstarr
08-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Make that a super patient test chimp!

... with no seats in his car!

AR
08-10-2008, 06:26 PM
... with no seats in his car!

Rather with no rails!

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/cartoons/wallpapers/family-guy-evil-monkey.jpg

Sudesh
13-10-2008, 12:32 AM
I noticed on a few Japanese Forums and auction sites that "Bride" do various rails for quite a few aftermarket seats for the the NSX.

Sudesh
08-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Just came accross this pic of an RX7 and noticed the Recaro Seats!!

Thought they looked quite well. and noticed they seem to have the same carbon back as the NSX-R. Just wonder what model of seat they are.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/RX7Seat.jpg

AR
08-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Sudesh that was discussed before on NSX Prime and sadly they are not the same. Incidentally a set of those was for sale not long ago on ebay.

Cheers,

AR

Sudesh
08-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Sudesh that was discussed before on NSX Prime and sadly they are not the same. Incidentally a set of those was for sale not long ago on ebay.

Cheers,

AR

Yeah noticed they are not the same but thought they looked good, and just wondered what model they were. Any idea what money the sold for on ebay??

AR
08-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Sudesh IIRC they were not in very good shape and sold for over a grand.

Senninha
08-01-2009, 10:56 PM
There's a guy on Prime that has these from time to time ... good condition sets sell for around £2500

Sudesh
06-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Has anyone went down this route yet of Recaro Pole Positions and some type of rail?

I came accross these pics which got me thinking again as the genuine NSX-R ones are just about impossible to find used, and for reasonable money.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/7.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/3.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/2.jpg

Sudesh
06-05-2009, 02:17 PM
The above pics is what I have in mind.

I wonder are those seats Simons "yokohama-91"

Senninha
06-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Sudesh,

I think both Ary and Simon (NSXGB) have the PP's either in or about to go in. The issues have been around the rails, not the seats.

First time I've seen the all leather trim and I think it works well. I've long thought if I got these or found some OEM's that I'd go for the black on black TypeS finish. With the all leather it negates retrimming the full interior IMO

regards, Paul

Hagasan
06-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Watch this space!!

I have something on the go at the moment...It's a bit of one-off fabrication (lot's of measuring/tweaking etc) but will result in Recaro leather PP ABE'sseats running on NSX electric rails with no loss in seat height and the correct angle of tilt.....

Unfotunately I won't have it ready in time for Japfest though.

It's obviously not an everyday solution because a trashed pair of seats are needed to give up the runners but it all works.....

I should also mention a BIG THANK YOU :thumbsup: to Simon,(NSXGB) who has lent me one of his seats to make all the measurements. THis save me the initial commitment in buying the seats up front and finding it didn't work!! NOw that it will work I'll need to buy my own set now...:rolleyes:

I'll post pictures in the future....

Gary

Has anyone went down this route yet of Recaro Pole Positions and some type of rail?

I came accross these pics which got me thinking again as the genuine NSX-R ones are just about impossible to find used, and for reasonable money.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/3.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/2.jpg

NSXGB
06-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Mine aren't in yet as I've been waiting for a replacement rail so the project has been on the back burner for a long time. something might be happening in the next few days though, fingers crossed.

Hagasan has formulated something quite interesting though, but I don't want to steal his thunder and I'll let him explain if he wants.

Definitely a mare trying to find a suitable rail...Just wish SOS had actually got round to making some of theirs up, would have saved a lot of hassle.

EDIT.....spooky....!

Sudesh
06-05-2009, 02:48 PM
There was a dealer on prime that had rails for the Pole Position seats!

I also foumd these:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01955-1.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01954.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01953.jpg

Sudesh
06-05-2009, 02:49 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01950.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01817-1.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01816-1.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01815-1.jpg

NSXGB
06-05-2009, 03:06 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01950.jpg

Where are these from Sudesh? I can't find VO rails listed anywhere. They look more like what I should have been supplied in the first place...:doh:

Sudesh
06-05-2009, 03:14 PM
I think it was Yahoo auctions Japan.

Surely there is a Bride Retailer somewhere that supply the rails?

Senninha
06-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Surely there is a Bride Retailer somewhere that supply the rails?

Dare I say it vtecdirect, or maybe its worth a call into Erick (Evo575) or maybe RJP on Prime to see what they can do?

HTH, Paul

Sudesh
06-05-2009, 03:39 PM
The guy on Prime I mentioned was: A.S Motorsport

They sell rails for the Pole Positions to fit the NSX but I dont ahve any pics.

http://www.as-motorsport.info/EN/nsx-int.htm

Sudesh
06-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Bride also do the FO model for side mounting seats like the PP's

Part number's:
H113FO
H114FO

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/product.php?printable=Y&productid=19149&js=n

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/images/t_19149.gif

AR
06-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Where are these from Sudesh? I can't find VO rails listed anywhere. They look more like what I should have been supplied in the first place...:doh:

Well so did I, but as I explaine to you on the phone there are ways around it. IMHO the way mine ended up looks better.

Cheers,

Ary

NSXGB
06-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Well so did I, but as I explaine to you on the phone there are ways around it. IMHO the way mine ended up looks better.

Cheers,

Ary

Unfortunately though Ary I am desperate for more headroom, that was my main reason for the project. Therefore the only way I can see this working is by cutting the rails and widening them so that the PP seat can slide between the rails....which is what I'm proposing.
The PP seat at it's lowest position I found with a standard RO rail is no lower than a standard seat, maybe even slightly higher.

Would be interested to see some photo's of yours.

Sudesh
06-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Prices have risen also!

From Capital Seating via the net: on the 9th 2008

Net Total £628.00http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/images/clear.gif
Delivery £12.60
VAT £112.11
Total Payable £752.71

From Capital Seating via the net Today: 6th 2009

Net Total £735.18
Delivery £24.19
VAT £113.91
Toal Payable £873.28

Demon Tweeks are slight cheaper

Net Total £697.88
Delivey £14.50
VAT £106.85
Total Payable £819.23

NSXGB
06-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Capital seating done a deal for me.
I think Hagasan is getting in touch with the same guy I dealt with to order his so if you are serious and ready now, maybe a deal could be done.

jamieburke
06-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Go in the vendor section of prime, there is a company now making direct repicas of the type-r seat, except full carbon backs instead of carbon/kevlar.

I just read the title of the post, so sorry if someone has already mentioned!

For the record, i wouldn't touch them. If its an nsx-r, great. If its not, wtf is the point?

Buy the real type-r seats for the kudos? Better on your wallet than mine. :no:

Sudesh
07-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Just noticed those seats Jamie. They look pretty good! and according to the add come with power seat rails and OEM type switch

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121471

From Prime:

Just wanted to update you guys with the NSX-R seat progress. We made a few seats and making sure everything is ready to go before releasing them. After studying the original seats I learned part of the comfort came from the ability to have a certain amount of flex in certain areas. Instead of using a fiber core material we decided to make the seats full carbon so it is stronger then the original R seats. The original R seats is a layer of Carbon Kevlar backed onto a core and then sandwiched with another carbon kevlar. We decided to use one layer of carbon kevlar and all carbon for higher strength. There is over 16 layers of 3k carbon plus one carbon kevlar layer. We matched the stiffness closely and replicated where the flex areas are at, we matched the weave style. The result is 9.5 lbs with the coverings. These seats feel pretty comfortable just like the stock seats and is super strong and light. All you do is plug and play.
The current status is we will have our coverings done in 3 weeks. Also our FIA approval in 6 months.
History and Notes:
I can say that this is one of the most time consuming projects I have taken on. This was not a simple splash of the seats as it will not be possible from the original R. The seats are reinforced on the edges preventing us to obtain the exact shape. We had to make 4 molds and transfers to obtain the final shape which was a 2 month process. We spotted a little de-lamination on the original R seats because the core material deteriorated a little. This was another reason why we chose to go pure carbon as it is stronger then Kevlar and lighter. So to sum it up the materials and process we used are high tech and this is not for everyone. Only if you desire for something that is critically high performance this is for you. I will not be offering these seats in FRP because of the FIA approval, I will not change our construction methods for safety reasons.
[RAILS]
Power Rails included and all wiring included. Wiring Harness pre-installed. The switch will look the same as OEM as well.
[OPTIONS]
Heated Seats Option
[COVERS]
1.) NA1R - Red Alcantra
2.) NA2R - Black Fabric / Middle Black Perforated Leather or Alcantra
3.) Type S - Black Leather / Middle Orange Perforated Leather or Alcantra
[FOAM]
We have matched the foam density and type on the seat 100%. The feel is identical. We can even increase the foam density on the side bolsters to make it a tighter feel on the corners.
[HARDWARE INCLUDED]
New NSX Belt Buckles (Driver & Passenger)
Recaro Seat Belt Trims

[Spec]
Weight: 9.5 lbs
Full Weight with Rails: 24.3 lbs
Construction: 51,000 filament carbon with one ply of carbon kevlar.
Resin: Tooling Epoxy
Method: High Pressure Vac Heat Press 20 tons
FIA: Pending (will pass with flying colors)
CARBON: Hexcel (European Batch)
CARBON/KELVAR: Aramid (JAPAN Torray)
RESIN: Epoxy (Propreitary USA)
Production: DF (USA)
Approval: FIA (Pending)
Price: $2,500 seat (special pricing will be announced for the first 10 pairs)
[PICTURES]
This first set belongs to a customer that did their own custom wrapping. They wanted to go with the Ferrari schema, smooth grain red leather with white stitching. The DF wraps are being contracted by a large manufacturer using laser cutters for precise fitment and consistency and they do OE work for car manufacturers. I held up a seat with one hand fully extending my arm, while taking a photo at the same time.
http://downforce.biz/dumpster/rseat1a.jpg
http://downforce.biz/dumpster/rseat1b.jpg
http://downforce.biz/dumpster/rseat1c.jpg
If you want to get on the special release pricing as always you can sign up by emailing lily@downforce.biz. No deposits required for now.

Silver Surfer
07-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Just noticed those seats Jamie. They look pretty good! and according to the add come with power seat rails and OEM type switch

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121471

From Prime:

Jeez!!!, Those look good!!!....Group buy?:D;)

SS

AR
07-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Guys I'll rather take my chances with an FRP Recaro than an "untested copy" no matter how nice it looks, and they do look good.

Sudesh
07-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Guys I'll rather take my chances with an FRP Recaro than an "untested copy" no matter how nice it looks, and they do look good.

Yeah I would agree Ary, but from the write up the guys are pushing for the FIA approval. I wont be interested until they get this and if they do get it I would be very interested in making a purchase. Would also like more pics and info on the seats and rails.

Updates....
FIA Status
The most important issue I need to confirm is the FIA approval and confirm that our production build is exactly the same for every seat made. When it comes to safety I am not going to skimp. We will be getting our constructor approval in about 1-2 months. he testing procedure will be putting a 200 lbs dummy which is going to be Sam. Then subjecting the seat to a 20-g rearward impact, inspection. Then a 15-g impact on the side, inspection. Then another 10-g impact from the rear, just to make sure. The inspection checks for cracks, fractures, separation, etc. Right now I am working with the engineer on deciding whether to go beyond the test standard and making it stronger to sacrifice 8oz of weight. The current build is at 4.25 lbs.

Meanwhile
While we work on the blueprint for the build you can take time to think about what you would like and specify what type of covering you would like. We can get just about any color or fabric or stitching (preferably double in the high wear areas side bolsters). I will try not to add any additional charges for custom, only if I can get the manufacturer to agree to it. Such as Mr. M. Lee, yes we can get the blue leather to match your OE seats and blue perf leather in the center inserts. As I said before they do OEM work for quite a few car companies and it was hard enough for them to take this project because of the low volumes I am presenting them. FYI they also do OE work for Recaro, Sparco and etc. They are also warranting the covers.

Heated seats option update
I am also working on the heated seats and it will be using the power and wiring from the Reclining function (which is now unused) rated at 20A (more than enough) and no additional wires or fuses necessary.

Headroom Issue
I can't measure the headroom until the final product is done so I can begin measuring. Based on Vance's NSX-R seats there is about an 1 inch additional gain you'll have. However when I sit in the seat it seemed like I was sitting higher, maybe because there is so much cushion when compared to the stock seats. Maybe Steve, Vance or Tom can elaborate their findings.

Test Drive
I want to setup a test drive for those people curious about the seats and see what the fuss is about. When I get my car done I will allow you guys to come for a test spin. If you don't like them, just cancel your place in the interest list, as no deposits are required. We will also send SOS some seats for those of you in AZ would like to get a test spin, if SOS has that available.

Interest List Pricing
I want to get this out ASAP, but I really need to get the final pricing for the coverings. Final details and material for the construction build finalized. Seat shell is 4.25 lbs and may vary up to 8oz from the final production version if we decide to add more supports, depending on the engineer.

Seat package confirmation
Just to confirm what is included here is the list:
Seat shell (Carbon Kevlar/Carbon--->Carbon 100% Tooling Epoxy)
Seat cushions (identical density and grade)
Seat covers (100% replicated or custom)
Seat Belt Buckle
Seat Rail w/ Motor
Seat Switch and Wiring
Recaro belt guides are hardware

Installation
Unbolt four bolts and slightly lift the seats to unplug the power harness and unbolt the seat belt strap. Put in the DF Type R seat, plug in the harness, bolt in the seat belt strap and bolt in the seats. The heater will work without addition work.
Personal Note
The more I sit in these seats the more I'm addicted, it's hard to figure out why they are so comfortable? Seating angle, cushion placements, flex areas, etc. The first seat from our production run will go in as my office chair, perhaps productivity will go down after that.

vtecdirect
07-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Ah but you know as soon as FIA approval is granted on them the price will probably double.

AR
07-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Still I will stick with recaros just in case.

NSXGB
08-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Ah, music to my ears "Plug and Play". Wish the Recaro's were.
Those seats look good and being made by Downforce I should think they will be.
They look sexy in red.
Will the FIA rating actually mean anything to road users anyway?

simonprelude
08-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Ah, music to my ears "Plug and Play". Wish the Recaro's were.
Those seats look good and being made by Downforce I should think they will be.
They look sexy in red.
Will the FIA rating actually mean anything to road users anyway?

There could be insurance implications, I doubt it though, but of course the main thing is safety. You really wouldn't want half the seat puncturing through your back in an accident. FIA rating should determine the seat is safe in an impact.

NSXGB
08-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Yes that's sort of what I was asking. I realise the FIA approval would prove they were up to the task in the eyes of the FIA. What do UK insurers recognise? The PP ABE seats are TUV approved which I was under the impression was the standard recognised in this country?

Sudesh
13-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Priced the seats in the UK today:

Thats before VAT and doesnt include the rails!!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSXPARTS/DSC00308.jpg

AR
13-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Did you ask them if they would pull the customers pants back on after that???

HUK seriously needs to put the crack pipe down.

There is no way in hell those seats SHOULD be more than £ 1500 each.

Sudesh
13-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Did you ask them if they would pull the customers pants back on after that???

HUK seriously needs to put the crack pipe down.

There is no way in hell those seats SHOULD be more than £ 1500 each.

lol!! The guy was absolutely shocked himself and got the rest of the parts crew and service crew to look at it on screen. Buy the seats get a free Civic Type-R!

With the rails and vat it was touching £30k for the seats. They really are taking piss there.

NSX 2000
14-08-2009, 08:29 AM
lol!! The guy was absolutely shocked himself and got the rest of the parts crew and service crew to look at it on screen. Buy the seats get a free Civic Type-R!

With the rails and vat it was touching £30k for the seats. They really are taking piss there.

It Just can't be right :no: they woould need to be diamond studed to be that price :eek:

At that price our cars have gone from being supercars to HYPERCARS :(

Senninha
14-08-2009, 08:50 AM
It Just can't be right :no: they woould need to be diamond studed to be that price :eek:

At that price our cars have gone from being supercars to HYPERCARS :(

I'm sure its all to do with volume (ie, lack of it for the NSX-S/R) that pushes up the price to this stratospheric level!

Anyone tried pricing lightweight carbon seats from Aston or Ferrari for a comparison? If the DBS seats are where I think they'll be in relation to HUK I know which ones I'd buy ....

Sudesh
08-01-2010, 08:20 PM
For sale on Yahoo Acutions

Genuine set of 02 NSX-R seats, just over £6k for the pair with 1 genuine rail

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSXPARTS/mrkizawa-img600x450-1258700351vqmx8.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSXPARTS/mrkizawa-img600x450-1258700351akfn8.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSXPARTS/mrkizawa-img600x450-1258700351poz9r.jpg

Sudesh
08-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Another set sitting at £3,300 at the moment

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/600x450-2010010700037.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/600x450-2010010700038.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/600x450-2010010700039.jpg

mutley
08-01-2010, 09:47 PM
I would love a set, but just can't justify spending that for seats.

Jim

dan the man
09-01-2010, 06:21 PM
the DF seats look pretty cool to me.

NSX-R passenger seat for 6 hours i was super comfy.... they are the best shape fro some reason.

Senninha
09-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Another set sitting at £3,300 at the moment

Sudesh,

So what does that make them once you've got them to Ireland or UK?

regards, Paul

Sudesh
09-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Sudesh,

So what does that make them once you've got them to Ireland or UK?

regards, Paul

Paul I'm not sure what shipping cost for those would be? You would want them wrapped up and secured well, insurance etc, If VAT and customs charge is similar to cars, then they would be around £4250 as they are in Japan. However if you could in some way get the seller to declare them as a gift or an invoice with a lesser amount then import duties etc would drop.

Senninha
09-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanx Sudesh

AR
09-01-2010, 09:23 PM
For that sort of money...and I have had my ass on them for hours on end!

The NSX needs power not bling guys.

gunner2010
10-01-2010, 11:40 AM
can somebody please post the link for the seats on yahoo auctions or pm it to me?I can't locate them.Many Thanks.

rsevo6
10-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Last week I found myself a set of used Recaro Pole position SPG seats, newly re-upholstered by the former owner in exactly the matching tan colour of my NSX interior :) how big of a chance is that :cool:
Only thing is that the re-upholstering job has not been done too well. As can be seen in the pic, I don't like the the ripples in the leather, want these out (so have to see if I can correct it.:rolleyes:)

http://i50.tinypic.com/2n87u55.jpg

Also need to either find me a set of matching runners or make some myself

AR
10-01-2010, 11:59 PM
SPG too skinny for most LOL

rsevo6
11-01-2010, 06:52 AM
SPG too skinny for most LOL

No problem for me, with 86Kg, 1.81cm they are a good fit, you fatass :rolleyes::laugh:
Don't feel any narrower than the OE seats in my '98 NSX, but those only have 23K mls on them, so are like new and not sat through like many seats in early NSX

NSXGB
11-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Looks like the previous owner rushed to reinstall the covers!
Easy enough to rectify though, had my covers off and on again. You just need some good spray adhesive and patience.

Regarding the rails. If you have the tools and workshop to do so, I would suggest to make them yourself, especially if you need more headroom.

Last week I found myself a set of used Recaro Pole position SPG seats, newly re-upholstered by the former owner in exactly the matching tan colour of my NSX interior :) how big of a chance is that :cool:
Only thing is that the re-upholstering job has not been done too well. As can be seen in the pic, I don't like the the ripples in the leather, want these out (so have to see if I can correct it.:rolleyes:)

http://i50.tinypic.com/2n87u55.jpg

Also need to either find me a set of matching runners or make some myself

AR
11-01-2010, 03:30 PM
No problem for me, with 86Kg, 1.81cm they are a good fit, you fatass :rolleyes::laugh:
Don't feel any narrower than the OE seats in my '98 NSX, but those only have 23K mls on them, so are like new and not sat through like many seats in early NSX

LOL!

For the SPG the Taitec Rails are a good fit, Amo has those in his car and they are OK.

For the Pole Position is where things get difficult.

Cheers,

AR

Senninha
15-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi Sudesh,

What did they close at? Like the request above, I couldn't find them then lost the rest of the week with work commits

regards, Paul

Sudesh
16-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Hi Sudesh,

What did they close at? Like the request above, I couldn't find them then lost the rest of the week with work commits

regards, Paul

I dont think they have sold yet Paul.

Rob_Fenn
18-01-2010, 08:43 PM
To be honest the Downforce ones look great for the money.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a Bride dealer in the UK? There is a similar red seat they do i believe. Bride have a great reputation back in Japan too.

NSXGB
19-01-2010, 09:34 AM
VTEC supply Bride gear.

To be honest the Downforce ones look great for the money.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a Bride dealer in the UK? There is a similar red seat they do i believe. Bride have a great reputation back in Japan too.

Lankstarr
19-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Has anyone actually purchased a set of seats and rails hassle free!?

Kaz-kzukNA1
20-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi, all.

Received similar enquiries so for those who are interested in the 2 set of the seats in the earlier post, would like to provide you with the following info based on the photos and info over the web.

*** 1st set covered in clear plastic bag (post #106) ***
Can’t really see the detail.
Claiming that they were from 02-R with about 500km mileage.
Comes with OEM electrical powered seat rails for passenger side and aftermarket lowered manual seat rail for the driver side.
Couldn’t see the Recaro sticker at the back as the photo was taken from the distance.
Couldn’t see the Honda logo at the back as the photo was taken from the distance.

*** 2nd set (post #107) ***
If you look very closely at the photo, you can see the black colour at the base of one of the seat (left one looking into the photo).
It was re-furbished and the original colour looked to be the black.
Due to the refurbishment, the left one is not in perforated finish and also missing the ‘RECARO’ logo at the front upper trim section (about your shoulder height).
Also, it is missing the Recaro sticker at the rear bottom of the seat. Looks like ‘HONDA’ logo is at the back so possibly the OEM but not sure whether it is for Type-R or not

Right one seems to be from the original and it does have ‘HONDA’ logo and the Recaro sticker at the back. It is in the perforated finish and also shows the ‘RECARO’ logo at the front.
As the sticker states as NOV/2000, not sure whether it is for the Type-R or not...

Regards,
Kaz

Sudesh
21-01-2010, 12:17 AM
I noticed some of that too Kaz and sent those sellers an email with regards to more details and pics, haven't received anything back yet.......but found a set of type s seats with all the correct details and waiting for best price.

NSXGB
25-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Looks like SOS have finally got their act together and had more of their seat rails made.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior%5Fperformance%5Fproducts/NSX/Speed%5FEngineering/sliding%5Fseat%5Fmount/

Senninha
25-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Looks like SOS have finally got their act together and had more of their seat rails made.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior%5Fperformance%5Fproducts/NSX/Speed%5FEngineering/sliding%5Fseat%5Fmount/

More pictures here http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133321

Particularly useful for those taller owners wishing to gain some head room!

Look good value too

regards, Paul

AR
26-02-2010, 03:30 AM
Shame I had to fabricated, hybrid rails using recaro and bride rails as these were not available for a while. It seems that it was always next month!

rsevo6
26-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Very nice seatrails from SOS, but due to shipping and import just too expensive for my taste.

At the estimated price of the new SOS seatrails of about U$ 295 each + shipping to The Netherlands of approx U$ 200 + import cost +taxes these will add up close to U$ 1000 (750 Euro) :(.

Found that Bride makes NSX specific seatrails which according to all info found on the internet should accomodate my Recaro's.
So ordered these at 300 Euro for the set, all included, from a Honda tuning parts specialist here in The Netherlands.
If these really do fit well, this saves me 450 Euro, worth the risk I think...

NSXGB
26-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Which Bride rails did you get and which model of Recaro are you fitting?

Very nice seatrails from SOS, but due to shipping and import just too expensive for my taste.

At the estimated price of the new SOS seatrails of about U$ 295 each + shipping to The Netherlands of approx U$ 200 + import cost +taxes these will add up close to U$ 1000 (750 Euro) :(.

Found that Bride makes NSX specific seatrails which according to all info found on the internet should accomodate my Recaro's.
So ordered these at 300 Euro for the set, all included, from a Honda tuning parts specialist here in The Netherlands.

rsevo6
26-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Bride FO rails, specific for NSX.
When searching on fit, I found several topics on the internet of people confirming using the FO rails with side mount Recaros in other cars like the Toyota MR2

My seats are year 2002 PolePosition SPG which I found 2nd hand but newly upholstered in tan leather, exactly matching to my OE NSX tan int, how much of a chance is that :rolleyes::)

AR
26-02-2010, 12:58 PM

They will fit but it depends on how tall you are. If you want them to sit anywere were the OEM ones were, you need to getdifferent brackets to allow a lower position. Been there done that!

rsevo6
26-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Weird, as in the pics of the rails they look quite low.
But will see, can always modify them a bit. I will at least have a NSX specific railset with sidemounts to begin with ;)
Pic found on UK Newera site
http://i47.tinypic.com/2gy86xd.jpg

NSXGB
26-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Agree with AR.....and as you say, you will have a set of mounts to modify to your taste....

Let us know how you get on.

Sudesh
26-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Recaro also does seat rails for the NSX or did do anyway.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSXPARTS/speed_master_1-img600x450-125863-2.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSXPARTS/speed_master_1-img600x450-125863-1.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSXPARTS/speed_master_1-img600x450-125863414.jpg

rsevo6
26-02-2010, 02:18 PM
These are base frames and look to be for bottom mounted seats.
Even if these can be used for sidemounts, additional brackets will be needed and knowing Recaro prices the full sets will be....ehhh.... probably same as getting the SoS rails :no:

NSXGB
26-02-2010, 04:00 PM
If you are after more headroom, any rails that, like the picture above, have runners that line up with the mounting holes will need modification to allow the seat to fit between and get as close to the floor as poss.

The SOS rails may be expensive (partly due to our poor exchange rate) but IF they are totally plug and play, will save a lot of farting around - time is money as they say.

I can't remember exactly how much my BRIDE rails cost me to start with but I'm sure I must have spent around £600 on the rails and fabrication of brackets and months of waiting for a certain supplier to get his finger out.

Hagasan
26-02-2010, 05:46 PM
I too fitted Recaro to my car. The SoS rails were out of stock when I wanted to fitted mine and have taken a year longer than they said they would to be available again!!

I went down the route of fitting the electric rails fabricating side mounts made in the style of my old Porsche 964 RS racing seats. The seats literally kiss the carpet so are as low as possible (I have a Targa) and at the correct angle. I had to "widen" the rail mountings by slightly slotting the holes and getting longer drive cables between the motor side of the rail and the other.

If I was doing this again and wanted a quick fit, plug & play style I would definitely just bite the bullet and buy the SoS while they are available again. They may end up out of stock soon is the DF Type R replica seats take off and it appears they will. The SOS rails have all the seatbelt mounting as well.......

I guarantee you will have lots of grief getting you SPG how you want them with the Bride rails.......Simon's been there, Ary and myself......

Good luck!!

rsevo6
28-02-2010, 10:40 PM
I hope not, but should be able to make any mods to the rails if needed, have all the tools incl. welding equipment, so am not too worried:rolleyes:.
Will keep you updated when I get the rails.

AR
28-02-2010, 10:43 PM
I hope not, but should be able to make any mods to the rails if needed, have all the tools incl. welding equipment, so am not too worried:rolleyes:.
Will keep you updated when I get the rails.

Are yours SPG or Pole Positions?

rsevo6
28-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Are yours SPG or Pole Positions?

Don't really know as the sticker on the seats reads: "PolePosition SPG seat"

AR
28-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Don't really know as the sticker on the seats reads: "PolePosition SPG seat"

That might be a bit wide for the rails.

rsevo6
01-03-2010, 06:28 AM
That might be a bit wide for the rails.

Not sure, as far as I was able to compare sizes, there should not be much difference if any.
No use in speculating further, will see what, if anything needs modifying when I get the rails.

Would have liked to get the SoS rails, but with int. shipping, import and taxes dishing out close to U$ 1000 for a set of rails is a bit too much for my taste:rolleyes:

Someone should bite the bullit, seeing if there is a cheap option for us Europeans to fit Recaro's in the NSX, might as well be me. ;)

Papalazarou
01-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Just wondering is there anywhere that sells replica NSX-R seats?

Right, spoke the guys at Downforce a few minutes ago and they are nearly ready to supply NSX-R replica seats.

The pictures from Prime look pretty good and from what I've understood, the quality is very high. They will also be producing FIA cert seats in the near future, but they will be VVV.expensive.
Anyway, the basic price is considerably less than the 'other' option and they they will trim the seats in the colour you want. The basic colours are; red, black charcoal, Ivory and they'll also do blue. you can specify alcantara or leather or a mixture of both including perforated for anyone who has a fettish about that.

I was just wondering whether anyone wanted to go for a group buy on these?
Prices are $1600.00 per seat + rails. however, they will offer a good discount for a multiple order. The ETA for this order would be 8-12 weeks.

Here's the Prime thread, there's a lot of it.........

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121471&highlight=nsxr+seats

Cheers,

James.

Sudesh
01-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Any idea then what the landed in the UK price would be with all the duties, shipping etc paid and with rails? I imagine around £3k+??

Senninha
01-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Any idea then what the landed in the UK price would be with all the duties, shipping etc paid and with rails? I imagine around £3k+??

James and I were chatting earlier and think around £2200 - £2400 landed.

If we can confirm this then I'm interested.

regards, Paul

m666 edd
01-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Hmm. If a decent saving can be achieved from a group buy I could be interested.

I really need to stop spending!

Papalazarou
01-03-2010, 09:32 PM
More like £2200 I would think. I'll hopefully hear from the DF guy soon. I guess the more interest we get the better the rates. I was tempted to just put an order in, but would rather do a group buy and get a better deal. I have some family in the States, so we can work out something with shipping.

Cheers, James.

Sudesh
01-03-2010, 09:48 PM
James and I were chatting earlier and think around £2200 - £2400 landed.

If we can confirm this then I'm interested.

regards, Paul

WOW! That's better than I though. Does that include the rails too?

Lankstarr
01-03-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm interested at that; just need a facelift car to put them in.

Any offers?

L*

AR
01-03-2010, 10:04 PM
So let me get this straight guys, some of you are not willing to do without the Airbag, but will put in an untested seat!!!

Sudesh
01-03-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm interested at that; just need a facelift car to put them in.

Any offers?

L*

Why pre-facelift is the choice of enthuasists lol

NSX 2000
01-03-2010, 10:40 PM
So let me get this straight guys, some of you are not willing to do without the Airbag, but will put in an untested seat!!!

Ary has point, in fact I would say a VERY good point.

Sudesh
01-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Fine for me as dont have passenger or drivers airbag. But yes can see the point. OEM NSX obviously has no airbags either.

NSX 2000
01-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Why will the price go through the roof when they get type approval? Isn't the cost to make them going to be the same, as it's the same seat?

Sudesh
01-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Why will the price go through the roof when they get type approval? Isn't the cost to make them going to be the same, as it's the same seat?

I think its the cost of them getting it thorugh the type approval. Its like getting an SVA/IVA on an import car, needs to be added to the final value.

NSX 2000
01-03-2010, 11:02 PM
I think its the cost of them getting it thorugh the type approval. Its like getting an SVA/IVA on an import car, needs to be added to the final value.

Hi Sudesh

I don't get it, as a company you would do a business case with all your costs.

Cost to design, cost to mock up, cost to make, cost to get type approval.

Why sell some before you get type approval, when you could get more for them once you got it?

Sudesh
01-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi Sudesh

I don't get it, as a company you would do a business case with all your costs.

Cost to design, cost to mock up, cost to make, cost to get type approval.

Why sell some before you get type approval, when you could get more for them once you got it?

Yeah I know what you mean, but possibly a case of getting it to market first and then worring about approval second or even going that route as supply/Demand/Price.......may out weight price after approval.

I have not read the full post in a while, but I recall somewhere that the OEM seats are not FIA approved either? Dont quote me on that as I havent gone through it in ages.

Papalazarou
08-03-2010, 11:16 PM
I spoke to DF today and they'll be letting us know prices and lead time, hopefully in the next couple of days. Now I'm back in an NSX I'm really keen to do this. Price depending, who's up for this?

Cheers,

James.

AR
08-03-2010, 11:24 PM
James I understand that they "look" very nice but what is the difference in doing this or buying knock off ( what this are in essence ) HK/Taiwan?China one regarding crash safety. As nice as DF parts are they are still knock off, one thing is a wing, but an item that your LIFE depends upon!!!

NSX 2000
09-03-2010, 09:13 AM
James I understand that they "look" very nice but what is the difference in doing this or buying knock off ( what this are in essence ) HK/Taiwan?China one regarding crash safety. As nice as DF parts are they are still knock off, one thing is a wing, but an item that your LIFE depends upon!!!

Again I will second Ary's comments.

Paul.

Senninha
09-03-2010, 09:23 AM
The recent posts have made for interesting reading with different views being expressed. Each owner will make decisions and choose to keep their car as Honda released it from the factory, or will make some changes to personalise their NSX.

In my experience, owners of an NSX are a sensibly bunch that will have given a lot of consideration to how they look after and modify the car.

As for the safety of the seats I've picked up on Sudesh's point and extracted the following from the thread on Prime for those that are interested.

.....Sept 09 by DF we will be building our test seat and doing a preliminary 4,000 lb stress test.
For those of you that don't care about the FIA certification approval I can lower the price. The seats will pass the stress test which is more than the equivalent to the FIA specs.
The shells are very light around 3-4 lbs and we used more materials then the OEM seats. Remember the OEM NSX-R seats are not FIA approved either.

.... Sept 09 by DF Both FIA and non-FIA seats is going to be identical. Our shells will be tested with a 4,000 lbs load and 2,000 on the sides, the FIA test uses a 3,600 lbs and 1,800 on the sides. The difference is that I don't have an accredited laboratory by the FIA doing the test.

.... Oct 09 by DF Carbon Fiber and Carbon Kevlar is simply the type of reinforcement fabric. Carbon Fiber is purely nothing but carbon fiber strands. Carbon Kevlar is weaving the reinforcement with a kevlar and carbon strand (known as a tow). Kevlar is not as strong as carbon, but it is very tear resistant.

.... Nov 09 by DF We actually started making them since last week after being notified that it easily held against the 20g impact test.

... Feb 10 by SOS The shell is Kevlar outer layer, carbon inner layer, vacuum bagged, with OE style fasteners. Good work DF. A BIG plus that people seem to overlook with this seat is the provisions for the factory seat belts. One of the primary reason Recaro had to make a special seat just for Honda is the requirement of the factory 3 point seat belt. This seat has kick outs for the belts and an enlarged mouth for the receiver. You will not find these features on any other Recaro shell in the US

For me personally, given that the £14k pair of OEM seats that people would happily drive around in, have no greater safety accreditation than these, I would be happy to install them in the NSX wrapped inside a very strong bodyshell.

I'd actually be more concerned about an NSX having 'cheap' tyres or brake compounds or a neglated maintenance programme, or some dubious aftermarket body panels that might flex or work loose with the potential of parting company with the car.

For those that know me, I've made no secret of the fact that I'd like to refresh the interior with some more modern touches. However, in line with my exterrnal and chassis mods, I will be looking to follow the OEM theme so these seats are a high consideration for me. I just know that if I say yes and buy along with James and others, for me it will be the start of an interior makeover and right now I've not finalised my plans .....

regards,

Paul

NSXGB
09-03-2010, 11:02 AM
I just know that if I say yes and buy along with James and others, for me it will be the start of an interior makeover and right now I've not finalised my plans .....

regards,

Paul

I think you should go red with your current colour wrap and order a second set of covers to go with the 'Magnum' setup. :)

Senninha
09-03-2010, 11:21 AM
If only seat covers were all I needed to consider .... :no:

regards,

NSXGB
09-03-2010, 11:26 AM
If only seat covers were all I needed to consider .... :no:

regards,

Dashboard? :)

Senninha
09-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Dashboard? :)

.... which is connected to the console which includes heater controls and ICE, which are linked to the door switch panels within the door cards that are linked to the dash via the screen demister vent, and need to link to the seats and gear shift surround, not forgetting that the console links the rear panels behind the seats and all parts link to the headlining.

And did I mention the steering wheel and instrument cluster, pedals, interior mirror .....

I've the ideas in my head but need somehow to get these onto paper to see how they all come together, what materials to use where and then how to keep the whole thing looking as though it was done by Honda.

Material mix is key to this looking right, so where to use leather / alcantara / CF requires careful planning as does how to get the CF to match the external components ... which may require these to be reefinished to match with the interior ... so much to consider as this will be a 1-way ticket once it starts.

I definately need to sleep on it :snooze:

NSXGB
09-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Good luck!

Papalazarou
09-03-2010, 04:59 PM

Ary, it's all knock off really, Gruppe M, Mugen, Downforce, Pro car etc etc etc.......It's all made by people and it is what it is.
I used my tiny little brain to read through the threads and formed an opinion on the infomation available. If I thought for a minute they were somehow substandard, I'd have looked elsewhere.
All I was doing on this thread was expressing my interest and asking whether anyone else was interested in a group buy.

Cheers, James.

AR
09-03-2010, 06:35 PM
James is not all knock of mate RECARO are not. GruppeM is not. DF specializes in copying parts.

I just wanted to stress the obvious.

Would you put cheap cast wheels on your car that look like expensive ones?

Would you use a knock off oil filter?

Nankang or Wan Li tyres anyone???

Sudesh
10-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Please dont take this the wrong way Ary and I really mean this is good intentions and pointing out something, as I have taken on board your comment with some serious though and one of the reasons why I have held off thus far on buying the replica seats; and you know I'm not the type person to cause any bother as you will read from my posts; but surely if the OEM NSX-R seats are not approved then what really is the difference?

Also as you mentioned

Shame I had to fabricated, hybrid rails using recaro and bride rails as these were not available for a while. It seems that it was always next month!

Surely this also depends on your life? You have made up a set of rails that are not OEM to suit your needs and fabricated from 2 manufacturers? so again, another case of is this FIA/EC approved?

Again I dont mean anything derogatory so please dont take it the wrong way

AR
10-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Sudesh,

No offence mate, I am sure that recaro/honda had to provide some sort of testing before it was allowed in a passenger car. Perhaps Detlef or Kaz will have more info.

As for my car the Recaros are FIA TUV etc, and the rails it was just a case of changing the top part of the bride for the top part of recaro only due to width and I replaced the included bolts with 8.8 ones for extra strength.

One of the main woirries with DF for example would be consistency.

At the end of the day each and everyone of us is responsible for his/her own actions. I would rather have a Recaro FIA/TUV approved seat than a backyard special.

Cheers,

AR

Sudesh
03-04-2010, 03:36 PM
I just received a used Recaro seat today, Had the guys in Japan put this in the back of a people carrier I purchased from there. Got it to play around with as it was cheap enough. Have to say its a very comfortable seat, cant believe how comfortable it is for all thats there, I dare say its more comfortable than the OEM seats!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/SAM_1090.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/SAM_1091.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/SAM_1092.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/SAM_1093.jpg

Sudesh
03-04-2010, 03:37 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/SAM_1095.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/SAM_1096.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/SAM_1097.jpg

m666 edd
03-04-2010, 04:36 PM
I assume that is similar in design to what has been discussed?

Good to hear that it is comfortable.

Sudesh
03-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah pretty similar, Pole Positions are slightly larger. The SPG also has a similar head rest shape to NSX-R seats, where the pole positions are rounded.

AR
03-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Amo has one of the them as passenger seat and a slightly smaller one for the driver.

Impossible to get in the car, at least for me.

Sudesh
03-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Was doing a bit of reading and they come in two sizes. Mine is the small one too, its a very snug fit lol

Amo has one of the them as passenger seat and a slightly smaller one for the driver.

Impossible to get in the car, at least for me.

amo
03-04-2010, 10:25 PM
mate yes same as mine drivers very nice fit. but dont put any weight on or they will have to come out lol leave it to sugar free stuff now and 1 xmas dinner

thx amo

AR
04-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Quickest way to self emasculation if I try sitting in them Amo LOL

nobby
05-04-2010, 10:14 AM
mate if you put that in your car i'll never be able to drive it! :D

m666 edd
05-04-2010, 10:30 AM
So what's the conclusion of what has been discussed so far?

The seats are something I want to sort out quite soon.

Sudesh
05-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Think its pretty much all sorted, just down to what route someone wants to go!

1. OEM Seats
2. Replica Seats
3. Recaro Pole Positions
4. Other Bucket Type Seats

SOS now sell the rails.

So what's the conclusion of what has been discussed so far?

The seats are something I want to sort out quite soon.

m666 edd
05-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Ah I see. The rails sold on the SoS site work for the following:

Recaro Pole Position, SPG, SPG XL, SPA, and Pro Racer
Sparco Rev, Corsa, EVO2
Honda NSX-R, Downforce NSX-R

So it looks like the downforce seats should be fine for the FIA spec according to their website.

amo
05-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Quickest way to self emasculation if I try sitting in them Amo LOL

mate your welcome if you fit then take it for a spin and use it and abuse it lol drive it like it should be driven mmmmmmmmmmmm
see you this week
thx amo

AR
05-04-2010, 01:31 PM
mate your welcome if you fit then take it for a spin and use it and abuse it lol drive it like it should be driven mmmmmmmmmmmm
see you this week
thx amo

haha safe in the knowledge i don't fit lol.:)

Cheers,

Ary

Senninha
06-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Ah I see. The rails sold on the SoS site work for the following:

Recaro Pole Position, SPG, SPG XL, SPA, and Pro Racer
Sparco Rev, Corsa, EVO2
Honda NSX-R, Downforce NSX-R
So it looks like the downforce seats should be fine for the FIA spec according to their website.

Ed, Key point is that the rails only fit side mounting seats, albeit offering lots of flexibility for height/angle etc.

Also sent PM

regards, Paul

Papalazarou
06-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Hi guys,

I've just sent another email to DF in order to ascertain pricing and lead time. They were pretty good to begin with, but I guess this is a popular product in the US and they're getting a bit behind.

I'll try to call them later and see where we are. They did send me an email wanting to know what specs we might be looking for, but it seems crazy to go that far without first knowing the bottom line.

Cheers,

James.

P.s, Paul, sorry for not replying to your email, I've been using my PS3 for internet and it's a pig to write stuff on.

Senninha
06-04-2010, 08:43 AM
...........They did send me an email wanting to know what specs we might be looking for........

Cheers,

James.

James,

Price aside for the moment, I'd be looking for all black leather, smooth to sides, perforated to centres, with matching material to retrim the inserts on the door cards.

Prefer to have OEM style runners, with or without electrics though this would be nice for drivers side

regards, Paul

Papalazarou
06-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Hi Paul, I'll see what they can do!

Cheers,

James.

nationofzeros
06-04-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm sure this will be totally unhelpful to this long running thread, but in yet another pathetic sign of advancing years I slipped my L4/5 disc last week & spent Wed & Thurs in the disconcering environs of Doncaster Royal Infirmary

As I wait for nature to restore me to fighting fitness, choice of seating arrangements is all-important in coaxing little piece of protoplasm back into its normal vertebral confines, and guess which is by far the most comfortable place to plant my long suffering coccyx? In the welcoming embrace of the NSX-R's RECAROs, of course !

So there you have it ; OEM NSX-R seats - 9 out of 10 orthopaedic surgeons recommend them

Chris

AR
06-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi Chris,

My wife had two of them fused! Yet she found the NSX-R seats unbearable! It all dependss on the shape of the person etc.

I have been hitting the weights again for a few months and I am starting to notice the winglets of the Pole Positions digging in.

As it is my wife can't take the NSX for longer than a few minutes!

Senninha
06-04-2010, 09:52 PM
So thats one set of reasonably priced PP's up for sale, and one comfy bench seat on special order ;):laugh:

regards, Paul

AR
06-04-2010, 10:08 PM
So thats one set of reasonably priced PP's up for sale, and one comfy bench seat on special order ;):laugh:

regards, Paul

Sadly Paul the car also is too low for her, so the car might go up for sale too.

Cheers,

Ary

Lankstarr
12-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Any news on the df seats!?

AR
15-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Any news on the df seats!?

Don't know about DF nutk my PP are for sale. :)

Marky
03-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Did anyone end up getting an answer from DF on their Recaros? I'm goingto order Pole Position ABE's this month. Probably Plans motorsport as no one else can put the interior back to black from beige.

AR
03-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Did anyone end up getting an answer from DF on their Recaros? I'm goingto order Pole Position ABE's this month. Probably Plans motorsport as no one else can put the interior back to black from beige.

Is it just the seats and the carpet? That is a piece of piss of a job.

DF have issues at the moment judging by their communication skills!

Marky
04-07-2010, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=AR;73951]Is it just the seats and the carpet? That is a piece of piss of a job.

Well if its an easy job why can't I find anyone else apart from Plans to quote me? I want to change the interior from beige to black too. The bottom half of the doors needs connolising.

It currently looks like this:

http://www.motorsportscenter.com/uploads/nsx_int_pass.jpg

Sudesh
04-07-2010, 09:49 AM
what are you going to do with, the long door trim pieces, entry pads, fuel release button, bonnet pull, foot well vents, fuse box cover and so on.

Be interesting to see how the connolising goes, quite a big are to be dying.

Sudesh
04-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Any more word James?

I sent them a mail yesterday to get an idea on prices/group buy discounts and more info on the electric rails. So just waiting a reply.

I'm kinda stuck on what color/fabric combo I would go with for mine lol

Hi guys,

I've just sent another email to DF in order to ascertain pricing and lead time. They were pretty good to begin with, but I guess this is a popular product in the US and they're getting a bit behind.

I'll try to call them later and see where we are. They did send me an email wanting to know what specs we might be looking for, but it seems crazy to go that far without first knowing the bottom line.

Cheers,

James.

P.s, Paul, sorry for not replying to your email, I've been using my PS3 for internet and it's a pig to write stuff on.

rsevo6
04-07-2010, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=AR;73951]Is it just the seats and the carpet? That is a piece of piss of a job.

Well if its an easy job why can't I find anyone else apart from Plans to quote me? I want to change the interior from beige to black too. The bottom half of the doors needs connolising.

Funny how personal preferences can differ :rolleyes:
I for one prefer the tan int way over full black as it makes the car roomier and lighter inside.
The tan IMO combines perfectly with the black, making it stand out more.

My present CTSC formula red has a tan int too.
I specifically DIDN't want a red NSX as I feel red to be the common standard sportscar colour, exactly why I wouldn't want that, I like my cars to be somewhat different.

Even though it had all the special toys that I wanted, the tan int is just the only reason why this red NSX was acceptable to me, this colour combo being somewhat special here too, AFAIK the only one in the country here.
I would never have bought it if it had been with a black standard int, regardless of the toys.

Some time ago I found me a set of Recaro PP's refurbished in tan leather (Recaro doesnt make them in tan)almost exactly matching the NSX OE tan and am still trying to get these in the car to make it possibly even more comfortable and special...

My dreamcolours are Imola orange/tan and Laguna or Monaco blue/tan, but these are impossible to find here, so settled on the Formula red/tan with all the speed toys.;)

AR
04-07-2010, 03:51 PM

Marky you got a fantastic IMHO looking interior, if I could I would change mine that colour, I understand we all have different taste, but unless you are replacing bits of OEM beige for OEM black it will not look right.

How are they going to connolize plastic???

gumball
04-07-2010, 03:58 PM
I also would love to have had a tan interior. :)

JQD84983
04-07-2010, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=Marky;73976]

Marky you got a fantastic IMHO looking interior, if I could I would change mine that colour, I understand we all have different taste, but unless you are replacing bits of OEM beige for OEM black it will not look right.

How are they going to connolize plastic???

The same though crossed my mind AR.

AR
04-07-2010, 07:31 PM
That's it Marky find a post 2001 NSX owner who wants a tan interior and get some Gaudium and some Cohibas and I'll swap both cars LOL. :)

A.S. Motorsport
05-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Ricardo Pole Postion is the most similar but there are some differences most notably, the fabric is a bit different, holes for the seat belts are different Ricardo logo is bigger,

And off course the backing which isn't carbon kevlar.

Marky
05-07-2010, 07:01 PM
haha OK guys, I will keep the tan interior for a little while and see if I acclimatise to it. I pick up the car from Honda Chiswick on Thursday. Had a new clutch fitted this week. I also got them to fit the S2000 ariel and I just ordered the NSX-R rear spoiler in CF from ProCar for EUR 2500!!! Should make the rear look a little more modern :D

goldnsx
05-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Ricardo Pole Postion is the most similar but there are some differences most notably, the fabric is a bit different, holes for the seat belts are different Ricardo logo is bigger,

And off course the backing which isn't carbon kevlar.

Ones of the biggest differences are the sides. The Recaro PP has much higher side polstering which can make getting in and out of the car not an amusement.

Sudesh
06-07-2010, 08:50 PM
haha OK guys, I will keep the tan interior for a little while and see if I acclimatise to it. I pick up the car from Honda Chiswick on Thursday. Had a new clutch fitted this week. I also got them to fit the S2000 ariel and I just ordered the NSX-R rear spoiler in CF from ProCar for EUR 2500!!! Should make the rear look a little more modern :D

Take a look below. I think this is all you need for you color combination

Black overmats and Recaro/DF Replicas trimmed like this

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4100/4765999851_450297a903_b.jpg

Marky
06-07-2010, 10:59 PM
now that combo looks great. How much are the DF recaro's? Are they similar to the originals in size? are they ready to order?? anyone want to join me?? :D

Senninha
07-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Wow, that really looks very good ... makes the interior look very special, which I guess is what you're after Marky. Detailed stitching gives it the OEM feel your car deserves!!

Sudesh, myself and I think James could be interested if theres a deal to be done for a group buy. Check the NSX-R seats thread for current position on this.

regards,

Paul

PS, good choice on the spoiler, are you going for the bonnet as well? If you are, and intend to paint, let Detlef know as he wont apply the usual heavy lacquer to the topside to allow for better paint finish.

Hagasan
07-07-2010, 07:59 AM
now that combo looks great. How much are the DF recaro's? Are they similar to the originals in size? are they ready to order?? anyone want to join me?? :D

Have you looked at NSXPRIME yet? I mentioned that forum a few days ago.....you'll find loads more NSX info on there and specifically the thread on the Downforce seats detailing the project from the start to current.....

Sudesh
15-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Spoke to DF this week and they came back with a price of $1495 each just for the seats [no rails]

I've asked them for that price what way will they come trimmed or do we have a choice in that.

I have asked them to give me a price for the electric rails so waiting for that reply

So depending on exchange rate your looking at close to £2k just for seats at the moment.

I'm guessing shipping has yet to come, then VAT and Customs will catch us too.

m666 edd
15-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Sounds like that's a price for just the seat shells.

Sudesh
15-07-2010, 04:38 PM
DF sent me another email to say "The seats will come in black, red, or ivory alcantara with solid or perforated centers"

The electric rails are $450 with core exchange.

Sudesh
08-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Does anyone know what set rails best suit a Recaro/NSX-R type seat, but still retain the NSX-R seat height/position?

I assume the DF replica NSX-R rails are no longer available?

nigel
09-12-2012, 12:54 AM
Check with Chris at SoS over here and if he doesn't have them i'd think he could steer you in the right direction.

Cheers
nigel

Sudesh
09-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Hi Nigel,

Yeah I ave the SoS rails, jus checking if there are any other options or maybe worth converting the OEM rails to suit.

Tokyo-Joe
09-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Hey guys,

Not exactly type r related but I go some information on pole positions etc from various uk dealers that may be useful:

Pole position should be used only with a harness unless they are European ABE spec, abe works properly with a seatbelt. Abe seats are only available in a small range of colours and the one I like the most - jersey red withalacantra middle is a us only non ABE seat. Bummer.

Sudesh
09-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Hey guys,

Not exactly type r related but I go some information on pole positions etc from various uk dealers that may be useful:

Pole position should be used only with a harness unless they are European ABE spec, abe works properly with a seatbelt. Abe seats are only available in a small range of colours and the one I like the most - jersey red withalacantra middle is a us only non ABE seat. Bummer.

Hi,

Think ABE and pole position was discussed earlier on in this thread. The PP is a real nice seat, Im not worried about the trimming side as I can have any spec done that I require. My only issue with PP is I think they sit a bit too close to the door at the shoulder area.

But Im not worried about obtaining seats anymore, just wondering what the best rail is without taking away from the driving position.

nobby
09-12-2012, 06:38 PM
looking forward to seeing your thoughts and ideas come to fruition on this ... albeit i have fell in love with the napa leather on the way home today ... what an amazing transformation ... seats are even more comfortable

Sudesh
09-12-2012, 09:28 PM
looking forward to seeing your thoughts and ideas come to fruition on this ... albeit i have fell in love with the napa leather on the way home today ... what an amazing transformation ... seats are even more comfortable

Ref nsx-r seats, It will have been well worth the wait, don't worry, you'll get yours too of course lol.

With regards to the nappa, it's a real nice place to be.

Senninha
10-12-2012, 05:38 PM
But even nicer when wrapped around OEM spec R seats ...

nobby
10-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Dont rub it in Paul!

But even nicer when wrapped around OEM spec R seats ...

Senninha
10-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Not me .... I wouldn't dream of it ;o)

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/medium/NSX_RecaroPP_Leather1.jpg

Sudesh
10-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Andrew don't sit in those nice seats you have now too much lol, when you change to the R seats, Im sure someone would happily purchase those new "real leather" seats for there NSX. ill be in the same situation too lol

I'm toying with the idea of fabricating the OEM rails from an old set of seats I have, just not sure yet what to do with regards the rails. I'm also going to get the OEM NSX-R seat belt buckle and electric switch.

Senna88
21-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Are people still interested in getting the downforce seats? There's a pair in Toronto, but I've no idea how much it'd cost to get shipped back...anyone any ideas?