PDA

View Full Version : One for the Christmas List

duncan
11-05-2005, 12:24 PM
As spotted on Amazon books, so presumably appearing in a book shop near you.

NSX: Honda's Supercar
Brian Long

List Price: £39.99
Our Price: £27.99
You Save: £12.00 (30%)
Not yet published: you may still order this title. We will dispatch it to you when we receive it from the publisher.

Edition: Hardcover

More Product Details

Product Details:

Hardcover 208 pages (August 1, 2005)
Publisher: Veloce Publishing PLC
ISBN: 1904788432

Synopsis
Honda's superbly engineered flagship model, the NSX is the ultimate Japanese supercar. First shown at the 1989 Chicago Motor Show, the NSX eventually went on sale in the summer of 1990. Loved by the motoring press, the NSX took the world by storm with its looks and Formula 1 breeding. This book charts in great detail the complete history of the Honda NSX from inception to the present, and also incorporates a buyer's guide. This book features over 200 colour photos, advertising literature, and contains interviews with key Honda personnel to tell the real story of the NSX.

Additionally, another NSX book is listed, no details other than its £250.00, so that will be the HUK version!

duncan
25-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Now available, ex-stock from Chaters and presumably elsewhere.
Worth the wait; probably not, but it adds to the slim collection.
Bulk of book appears to be reprints of factory brochures. Superficial and very un-critical; could have been produced by Honda PR dept.
No great insights or additional information- could have done better.

Duncan

Greybloke
25-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Placed my order to Amazon in June with expected 1st Aug delivery.................I'm still waiting :?

simonprelude
25-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Available from Tesco's and a copy on eBay at the moment !!

AR
25-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Tesco's? As in online or at the stores? Does it mentions the HSC at all?

Cheers

AR

simonprelude
26-10-2005, 08:02 AM
Online, but I may look in store tonight.

http://www.tesco.com/books/product.aspx?R=1904788432

Not seen it, so HSC dunno ??

Tesco's? As in online or at the stores? Does it mentions the HSC at all?

Cheers

AR

AR
26-10-2005, 11:27 AM
I will have a look myself as well. There is someting about walking in and browsing the book that actually feels so much better than ordering online. Shame about the HSC as it is always nice to read the speculations before the actual launch date.

Rob_Fenn
26-10-2005, 03:30 PM
Ahh! I'm buying this as a present for my dad for xmas. Hope he doesn't see this thread!

Nick Graves
03-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Quite a thick book, with lots of US brochure reprints and some lovely photographs, it describes in detail each model year in detail.

Some good technological information regarding the development, but I would have liked more technical detail.

A good buy? Silly not to, really.

Greybloke
03-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Yep eventually received mine via Amazon last week, and to be honest have not yet had time to have a good look. It is however full of nice glossy pics, so a nice sunday afternoon browse is on the cards.

simonprelude
03-11-2005, 03:56 PM
You going to Welwyn tonight ??

If so you going to bring the book ?