PDA

View Full Version : 05 Nsx Blue - Damaged SADLY FOR SALE

ben foakes
31-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi Guys,

Some of you know the story already, but following a crash earlier this year in Monaco, and a horribly unhelpful insurance company (Direct Line) I am the sad owner of a beautiful 05 Plate, blue Nsx with only 16,000 miles on the clock but a smashed up front left side. The damage is restricted to the front left, but the costs of repair and parts, without the insurance company's help is impossible for me to afford, so my only chance is to offer it up for sale as a project car or donor parts car for someone, who can either do the labour themselves or who wants 3 quarters of a mint Nsx for parts. I have pictures, exact list of damage and parts needed to get it back to A1 confition and I can be contacted by PM if anyone wants to know more. The car is currently in a garage in High Wycombe. I'm looking for sensible/fair offers given that before the damage, it was one of the nicest examples in the country and valued at over 40k. If anyone has any questions - get in touch. It will be up on piston heads soon, but want to let everyone who's genuinely interested in Nsxs know first. Cheers. Ben

Sudesh
31-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear the the unfortunate news.

Monaco92
31-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Really sad to read about this. What happened? Why the problem with Direct Line? Reason I ask is i'm hoping to drive to Monaco next year. Is there something I should be carefull of regards insurance.

AR
31-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Sorry to hear this mate, really sad news.

paulius
31-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Sad to hear that.Would be interested to see the pictures how bad the damage is.Thanks

ben foakes
01-09-2008, 02:05 PM
2 words - Green Card. Ring Direct Line before you leave UK or otherwise your Euro cover is worth bugger all.

I was convinced that I had asked on a previous phone call to their customer services team, which they deny and can't find a record of. I left UK convinced I was fully covered, drove to Monaco GP (950 miles in 1 day - best drive of my life) and on my way home had the accident on the Col De Turini rally route (featured on Top Gear). On calling Direct Line to get advice, I was informed that they couldn't help me as I hadn't called them to tell them I was leaving UK. It wouldn't have even cost any extra. no signature required etc. Just one phonecall. Worst mistake I could have made. I tried to get legal advise as I believe they hide this information and do not make it clear enough but I was advised by my lawyer to not waste more money on a case I couldn't win. Sad times. Hopefully someone else can benefit from my bad luck/mistake. B

NoelWatson
01-09-2008, 02:24 PM
How much have they quoted you to repair the car?

simonprelude
01-09-2008, 02:28 PM
What sort of price would you looking at ??
PM me if you'd rather.

TheSebringOne
01-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Very sorry to hear the bad news! I hope things sort themselves out. :)

dan the man
02-09-2008, 08:10 PM
What a joke id go to watchdog and at least get them some bad publicity.

This country is full of bloody PC correctness and goody two shoes....

Mate i wish id win the lottery as i gove u 40k for it... it must be an awfulll feeling :(

ben foakes
02-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks mate. I could do with winning the lottery right now!

Hopefully someone will make a decent offer and take it off my hands.

amo
03-09-2008, 12:01 PM
sorry mate bad luck

mmmmm

thx amo

Papalazarou
03-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks mate. I could do with winning the lottery right now!

Hopefully someone will make a decent offer and take it off my hands.

Really sorry to hear about your car.
I'm not sure how bad the damage is, but I'd be tempted to break the car if I were you. All the component parts have got to be worth a reasonable amount, especially for a late car.

Good luck,

Cheers,

James.

Nick Graves
06-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Sorry to hear it; a stupid oversight can cost you soo much grief.

Details of damage, etc might be useful...

ben foakes
24-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest in my damaged 05 car. It's now sold and I'm awaiting my 09 Caterham Academy car. One which i can build and if I crash, won't cost an arm and a leg to get back on the road.

At least I can say I owned one of the best cars on the planet for half a year.

Take care guys and enjoy that 8,200 note.

Ben

simonprelude
25-09-2008, 07:21 AM

Hopefully one day you'll be back and be able to appreciate it again for yourself :)

slieve_croob
22-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Can you fill me in on what your selling price

Regards

SDmcM

Sudesh
22-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Can you fill me in on what your selling price

Regards

SDmcM

I believe this car is now sold going by this:

Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest in my damaged 05 car. It's now sold and I'm awaiting my 09 Caterham Academy car. One which i can build and if I crash, won't cost an arm and a leg to get back on the road.

At least I can say I owned one of the best cars on the planet for half a year.

Ben

Ksalim
14-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Hi, i know i'm probably finding this thread after too long, but do u still have ur damaged NSX?
I am looking for a front end of an NSX if you have any contacts.
Hope someone can help.

NSXGB
14-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi, i know i'm probably finding this thread after too long, but do u still have ur damaged NSX?
Hope someone can help.

That car is long gone....

Sudesh
14-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Hope someone can help.

As NSXGB mentioned, the car is gone.

If your looking for used NSX parts, then it will be a long wait as they are getting harder to find, as for facelift NSX parts, thats an even longer wait lol

Nick Graves
14-08-2011, 02:45 PM
You poor sod!

It's like them quietly withdrawing 3rd party cover on others' cars; the amount of peeps who now have points and fines because of that. I consider it insurance fraud the other way & they ought to be crucified. Then hanged, drawn & quartered. Then set on fire and...

Put us up some pics, please. I'm sure it's doable

At least it's not recorded!

Hagasan
14-08-2011, 04:27 PM
That car was repaired. It was in the London area repaired by an Eastern European member on here. Never seen it around though. Wasn't recorded. Would have been an easy sell abroad given the current "values" of late cars.

I looked at it post damage and would have bought it to repair as it was sold for only £13K at the time but I'd not long bought my current car.....There's probably a tidy potential profit tied up in it nowadays....