PDA

View Full Version : what year lights of nsx you like more?

Poland_NSX
31-08-2008, 06:06 AM
i was searching on the web and thought what do you think about old pop up lights to +02 conversion?
from one angle i was thinking not to do because only pop up lights reminds me these old but fast lambo countach and other super cars.But from other side we all like new things ;) but those new +02 light look to me like bubbles :rolleyes: also then you need to do modification to your hood and bumper so extra eur :(
tailights i like a lots but lots of things about +02 conversion ;(

or maybe i visited clearcorners page maybe to do leds with cf conversion to old lights?what you think?
also i love led tailights or turn lights maybe something could work nice way by this...hmmm
i will talk to my friend who do conversion maybe i could know more interesting and detailed info if someone will be interested..

mart155
04-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Give me the Pop ups every time.....

NoelWatson
04-09-2008, 11:28 AM
i was searching on the web and thought what do you think about old pop up lights to +02 conversion?
from one angle i was thinking not to do because only pop up lights reminds me these old but fast lambo countach and other super cars.But from other side we all like new things ;) but those new +02 light look to me like bubbles :rolleyes: also then you need to do modification to your hood and bumper so extra eur :(
tailights i like a lots but lots of things about +02 conversion ;(

or maybe i visited clearcorners page maybe to do leds with cf conversion to old lights?what you think?
also i love led tailights or turn lights maybe something could work nice way by this...hmmm
i will talk to my friend who do conversion maybe i could know more interesting and detailed info if someone will be interested..

I thought the pop ups and associated mechanisms were quite heavy?

TheSebringOne
04-09-2008, 10:23 PM
They are a bit heavier, not sure of the actual weight? Ary may know? But think the general consensus here is that more prefer pop ups than 02+ models since its a more classic look. :)

mart155
05-09-2008, 12:09 PM
I was only talking about the aesthetics. Not really bothered about the weight.

Senninha
05-09-2008, 04:14 PM
OEM vs OEM the 02 front end offers both lighter weight and improved aerodynamics combined with the new sills and rear changes.

My car is pretty close to the 02 minus the front but like many I prefer the look of the pop-ups as for me it is a defining feature of both the NSX and an era of great sports car design, the like of which we can no longer be offered due to EU legislation :rolleyes:

The perfect result for me would be an OEM quality hybrid bumper unit to retain the pop-ups and redeploy the indicators/sides. Current offerings are not that well made and only offered in heavy FRP, which is also not very resistant to minor knocks

regards, Paul

Papalazarou
05-09-2008, 04:31 PM
I think it depends on the colour of the car. Personally I prefer the facelift lights in LLB, white, black and silver and the pop-ups in; red/black, yellow etc...

Cheers,

James.

NSXGTR
05-09-2008, 06:41 PM
OEM vs OEM the 02 front end offers both lighter weight and improved aerodynamics combined with the new sills and rear changes.

My car is pretty close to the 02 minus the front but like many I prefer the look of the pop-ups as for me it is a defining feature of both the NSX and an era of great sports car design, the like of which we can no longer be offered due to EU legislation :rolleyes:

The perfect result for me would be an OEM quality hybrid bumper unit to retain the pop-ups and redeploy the indicators/sides. Current offerings are not that well made and only offered in heavy FRP, which is also not very resistant to minor knocks

regards, Paul
00 brake lights and pop up front