PDA

View Full Version : LHD to RHD conversion

snnsx
27-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I have owned my 92 NSX for over 10 years now, and I just love it.

So much so, that I can't bear to part with it. However, I am about to move back to Oz. I have also found out that I will pay very little import duty as I have owned it for so long.

Problem is, it is left hand drive.
I could sell it, and buy another out there, but they cost even more there than here. You can in theory register LHD there, but it's not easy.
I saw NSX Prime forums that a guy in Oz had converted his to RHD.

So, I am looking for someone technical, or a recommendation for a reasonably priced shop to give me a quote to convert it to RHD for me. I can supply all the details and pictures of the work involved (as per NSXPrime).
I realise that the cost of the RHD parts (including part of the front firewall) would have to be added, and for that I would need a donor car (preferably rear end writeoff).
Anyone ?

Sudesh
27-08-2008, 01:16 PM
There was a write up on Prime about a similar conversion. Think it ended up being quite a big job as there is quite a bit to swap round.

Think this is it: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86718

Sudesh
27-08-2008, 01:17 PM
OH! And welcome to the forum!!

Senninha
27-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi & Welcome,

I cant help with the technicals but you may wish to contact Dirk in the Vendor section (NSX parts in Europe)

He is breaking several NSX and would probably have good knowledge of the parts you would need and can supply at sensible prices.

Look forward to hearing more about you long termer please

regards, Paul

eclipse1501
27-08-2008, 03:22 PM
If you are in London, please let me know if you decide to part company with your LHD for any reason. Paul

amo
27-08-2008, 09:45 PM
hi mate and welcome
ohh yes i might have some parts for you as well

thx amo

snnsx
29-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the replies so far.
Dirk looks like a good source, and I will certainly will consider any offers of parts when it gets to that point.
But first I need some one to give me a Quote for the Labour, based on the description of what has to be done from the NSXprime posts.
I am not capable of doing it myself (even if I had the time).

If the cost is too high, I might just have to sell it instead :(

Lankstarr
30-08-2008, 06:21 AM
Oz is sooo close to Japan - I'd say money and time wise you'd be better sourcing a nice one fom Japan and shipping it to Oz. I haven;t looked at figures though ...

You might have problems after the conversion which could mean that the car never felt right again.

L*

Poland_NSX
31-08-2008, 09:24 AM
i think better to sell it and to buy what you want. if you will start something changing it may cost you lot of eur and time and your health ;)

snnsx
31-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Actually, I think the advice I have had, to sell it and repurchase in Australia is probably right.
Conversion to RHD could be a long messy process and may result in a car that just does not feel right, and would be worth very little. Also, I could be ruining a perfectly good NSX, which seems rather like sacrilege.
So I am going to put it up for sale. I will post into the For Sale Forum,
Thanks, everyone.http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/images/icons/icon7.gif