PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please

Sudesh
21-08-2008, 06:38 PM
I was thinking of doing some small changes on the exterior so before I went ahead I got a photochop done to see how it would look roughly. So what do you guys think? obviously not perfect but it was just to guage the look first.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/untitled.jpg

AR
21-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Sudesh the NA1 NSX-R did not have black mirrors.

I would say that if you do the wheels white it will look really nice.

Sudesh
21-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah I noticed that Ary but quite liked the black mirrors on the later NSX-R. I did have a look at the white wheels but still on the fence about that one.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/1NSX.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/1059748_3.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/1059748_2.jpg

TheSebringOne
21-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Sudesh, is it just the door mirrors & alloys painted dark grey only? The front number plate holder look slightly wrong? I'm not sure of white wheels too, maybe go for original oem colour or slightly more lighter, so almost silver or is that boring?

Sudesh
21-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Sudesh, is it just the door mirrors & alloys painted dark grey only? The front number plate holder look slightly wrong? I'm not sure of white wheels too, maybe go for original oem colour or slightly more lighter, so almost silver or is that boring?

Yeah its just the mirrors and wheels! Color is obviously not perfect due to being a photochop. The front plate holder probably looks strange as my car is a JDM car so the holder is for the smaller plate.

This is the original pic:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01789.jpg

Nick Graves
21-08-2008, 07:32 PM
I like it just as it is.

But my rice boy side quite likes the white wheels!

TheSebringOne
21-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Looks great as it meant to be! Keep it OEM if you can resist the modding disease !! :)

woodbridger
21-08-2008, 08:49 PM
It might be thanks to the deep shine on those showroom photos, but red+black with white wheels is actually... stunning. Gives the classic NSX colour scheme a lot of presence.

Might look ropey when the car gets a bit grimey?

JQD84983
21-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Like the gunmetal wheels not so keen on the mirrors. Black mirrors better for white cars i think

Senninha
21-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Jsut my 2p's worth, I would keep the refurbed alloys as they are but go with the black mirrors for subtle OEM twist.

regards, Paul

craigdonnelly
21-08-2008, 09:29 PM
My best picture is the standard car and that's coming from a 25 year old Asbo :cool:!!!

Sudesh
21-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Jsut my 2p's worth, I would keep the refurbed alloys as they are but go with the black mirrors for subtle OEM twist.

regards, Paul

I definatley didnt refurb the wheels! Thats the way I got them lol! But always felt they were a bit more silver that OEM.

I quite like the dark look as it goes well with the black roof, but appreciate all opinions before I decide.

Paul I also went with your look on the black calipers and red brake shoes. A real nice touch and thanks!

Senninha
21-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Paul I also went with your look on the black calipers and red brake shoes. A real nice touch and thanks!

Its these small details that most people miss that IMO add to any car, like for example, your Red H in the wheel caps ... subtle enough to look OEM

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
22-08-2008, 05:41 AM
I'm not sure the one black and one red mirror look is in:rolleyes:

I like the black mirror look but thiink you would need to have an NSX-R spoiler in black to tie it in... otherwise they may look a bit out of place.

A lot of wheels now are being done with black sides of the spokes and polished fronts. It would be much more subtle than this on OEM rims but this is the general idea http://www.wheelsnext.com/

You would then have some black on teh wheels to tie in also... the polished front bit could be what ever shade you want if shiny shiny was too bling for you.

It might be the photoshop colour but I think the wheels look like they're trying to be black in teh pic but didn;t quite make it! I think all black may be a bit much.

Just my 20p!

L*

dan the man
22-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Yes sudesh your original pic looks the best to me- car looks great.

White wheels look good to so wouldnt be a bad move either..

And u are legally allowed to cut your front number plate down at each side to within 10mm of the Numbers-letter

so please..do it!

NSA
22-08-2008, 11:08 AM
I've got the same car and thought maybe going a bit darker on the wheels as part of a complete refurbishment, but I think yours are just a bit too dark. I also want to have the roof painted. I don't like the black mirrors though. All my own preference, obv.

Yours does look very good as standard though, especially the condition of the wheels.

Sudesh
22-08-2008, 11:34 AM
And u are legally allowed to cut your front number plate down at each side to within 10mm of the Numbers-letter

so please..do it!

I was thinking about changing the plate to the original JDM OEM size like the pics of the Red car with white wheels.

eclipse1501
22-08-2008, 12:56 PM
I was thinking of doing some small changes on the exterior so before I went ahead I got a photochop done to see how it would look roughly. So what do you guys think? obviously not perfect but it was just to guage the look first.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/untitled.jpg

I do actually like your original idea and maybe an NSX-R rear spoiler fitted and painted black would balance the whole red/black thing up without going over the top. I see there's a red NSX R spoiler for sale on this forum which Iam tempted by myself for my NA1, and Ive also seen pics of a members on here recently (yellow car - sorry can't recall name) which had a later spolier fitted and was very nicely done also.

Sudesh
22-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I never noticed the NSX-R spoiler for sale? Must have a look.

eclipse1501
22-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Member austrian type-r has it for sale, painted red at the moment.:)

Sudesh
22-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Has he? I didnt notice it in the add and the one on in the pic of the car, is not an NSX-R spoiler.

eclipse1501
22-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Has he? I didnt notice it in the add and the one on in the pic of the car, is not an NSX-R spoiler.

Procar NSX-R so the man says:)
http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=3225

Sudesh
22-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Ah right! I was looking at the recent add as that one is from way back in 2007!

eclipse1501
22-08-2008, 05:50 PM
He still has the spoiler as I enquired about his carbon engine cover the other day. Seeing one of these spoilers on an NA1 recently really got me thinking about getting one but Ive got the interior to sort first which is a priority for me.

Sudesh
22-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks for that! Would like to see pics of that spoiler in black on a NA1 car.

donnac
22-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Looks good but i have had my Yellow NSX in the body shop for 4 weeks getting a few things done on the same lines with Honda Cosmic Grey Wheels (painted instead of powder coated as painted gives a better shine and finish) and a few other things and will post up Wednesday of next week as i popped round to get a completion date and i should pick her up on Tuesday. So i will post up what i have done to mine which might give you a few ideas (hopefully) as i have had a few changes :D namely some painting black of some of the front and rear bumper; roof repainted black to go with my NSX-R black spoiler and the calipers Red with NSX white lettering; H centre caps made red and i bought a carbon engine cover 2 months ago from USA (the type with the carbon at each side and glass in the middle engine cover) and i have had it colour coded and customized with carbon Honda H at each side (from an excellent top custom painter) and yellow at each side which has made it look like an original Honda NSX part. I must say after seeing it today i was bloody excited and can't wait to post it up and after reading some of these posts hopefully it will give you a very recent insight into my mods as i feel it has knocked 10 years or more off her and made her slightly more sporty.

TheSebringOne
22-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Donnac, would be great to see your updates. I'm a bit unsure if the changes will know knock ten or more years of the age of the car and make it sportier? but then its all down to personal taste, so would be interesting to see how they turn out :) The car look great as it was, just my 2p :)

dan the man
23-08-2008, 06:38 AM
Nice one donna lets see some pics :)

donnac
23-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks guys :) but what i mean in my post is that after having the NSX-R type black spoiler customized (i could blame Dan the Man for starting me off on this add on add on journey as he bought the spoiler for the car :D) i went back to get the nose of the car repainted to get rid of the usual stone chips as with any sports car and i got carried away and ended up getting almost everything done apart from doors and rear quarter panels and i mean everything else including roof and wing mirrors. Whilst in a dilema about what colour of wheels, i decided to have them painted instead of dipped and the colour i chose was Honda Cosmic Grey with red calipers and the H badge changed to Red and the wheels were in very good condition but he refurbished them to a new standard. Some black alterations at the front centre lowest point of the bumper and also the rear to help make the profile look even lower. When i mean sportier or years knocked off, what i really mean is that just in my humble opinion, it is as far as i would want to take my NSX i.e. i feel i have taken it to the very edge of the line where in my opinion (which might be badly wrong) i have tried to keep the originality of the NSX but just added some subtle touches. The rear engine cover is just much more amazing with the custome work than i expected. Yellow on each side and the H on each side in carbon as it keeps to my theme as it makes the part look like an original Honda part if that is possible. I will collect the car on Tuesday and will post pics up on Wednesday and hopefully it will give some guys a few ideas. Would be great to hear or see pics from anyone who has customized their carbon engine cover as well.

It has cost me around Ģ1,700 plus the usual Ģ600 for the carbon cover (this includes those friendly Custom + Excise boys who like to charge). The bloke painting it has had everyone of his customers over the last 4 weeks asking about it so it is reassuring that the NSX is just that type of car that still has the magnet :D

Thanks for the interest.

dan the man
24-08-2008, 07:41 PM
U done some spending girl!

Im sure i could have got another Ģ500 out of steve :D
har har!

278kmh
24-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah its just the mirrors and wheels! Color is obviously not perfect due to being a photochop. The front plate holder probably looks strange as my car is a JDM car so the holder is for the smaller plate.

This is the original pic:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01789.jpg
my opinion, if it looks like this now, donīt change anything. itīs perfekt:D

donnac
24-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Just to help either confuse you more or help make your mind up on the wheels. I got grey ones after partner got white ones and now my partner wants grey ones and i think it is alot down to keeping white wheels white. They look great white but are alot of cleaning on a regular basis.:)

Sudesh
29-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Heres a better photochop of the car and also had the rear spoiler done.

http://www.photochopz.com/forum/imagehosting/491648b7cd63246f2.gif

Lankstarr
29-08-2008, 10:49 AM
You still missed a bit of the passenger mirror!

I'm not sure about the rear OEM spoiler going black... think it should be an R one if it goes black.

Sudesh
29-08-2008, 12:03 PM
White Wheels!

http://www.photochopz.com/forum/imagehosting/491648b7e0e5e1c44.gif

eclipse1501
29-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Black wheels etc & black R spoiler to finish for me too

278kmh
29-08-2008, 03:07 PM
if you break the wonderfull oem-line i think it must be the higher spoiler type r and only with silver or black wheels. for me white wheels and red car doesnt works.
and no other mirrorcolor