PDA

View Full Version : SOS Group buy? Stereo stuff

Lankstarr
19-08-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm not in despereate need for these and they'll be fairly big so it would be good to share shipping with someone.

I'm after:

ipp-1021 ScienceofSpeed Door Speaker Panel Pair Kit $59.50

and

ipp-756 Wire Harness Kit for Aftermarket Stereo Head Unit - NSX, all years $9.50

I'm stalling on my install as I have no idea what to do about a sub! Any ideas anyone??

Luke

Lankstarr
19-08-2008, 05:04 PM
I guess I'd want this as well...

ipp-1011 ScienceofSpeed Bracket Kit for Single & Double DIN Stereos - NSX, all years $48.95

The double din headunits look soooo nice - mine was state of the art back in the day and I feel like I need to reinstall her but the new ones look sooo nice. The slippery slope of stereo modding starts...

AR
19-08-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm not in despereate need for these and they'll be fairly big so it would be good to share shipping with someone.

I'm after:

ipp-1021 ScienceofSpeed Door Speaker Panel Pair Kit $59.50

and

ipp-756 Wire Harness Kit for Aftermarket Stereo Head Unit - NSX, all years $9.50

I'm stalling on my install as I have no idea what to do about a sub! Any ideas anyone??

Luke

Not my kind of thing, but I would say that the best solution is making an MDF box to fill the space where the sub goes. You could even make a plug and make a few GRF ones, but if you want to go the MDF way, drop by after September and we can have a go.

Cheers,

Ary

TheQuietOne
19-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Lukus,

I'm up for a go at this too now my car is going to become a weekend pleasure! If you go for it buy double and we'll try it together with our various amounts of stereo kit for the past few decades....

Laters, M@

TheSebringOne
19-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Matt, finally the NSX is no longer your daily run around, abeit a special super one. :D Time to give the gal a rest now & again. Then cherished her more when you take her out. :)

Lankstarr
20-08-2008, 05:46 AM
No worries Matt - you'll need some sort of blanking plate as well - I take it you'll be putting the DVD player in?

Not my kind of thing, but I would say that the best solution is making an MDF box to fill the space where the sub goes. You could even make a plug and make a few GRF ones, but if you want to go the MDF way, drop by after September and we can have a go.

Good call Ary!

I was going to have a go mtself with some MDF and sealant but with your help I stand a chance of making one with no holes in it! Once I've made a nice one with you I'll have a go myself at making one for Matt. It's the volume side of it that I'm not sure about - apparently it makes a hige difference to accoustics. That said, I'm sure it's sub dependant. I've got a 1200W dedicated sub amp so would like to find a nice DVC 12" sub to get the most out of the amp (and to justify putting it in the car - it weighs a tonne!).

Apart from that I have my mids and tweeters ready and amped.

I wonder if anyone has put anything in to replace the centre speaker - if something goes in there I'll easily have enough amp power to run it. I'm thinking of sticking the amps behind the passenger seat as it hardly ever gets used and I'd like to keep the boot free.

A good project to look forward to after September!

Ary - If I'm unemployed in October I'll come down for a fitting fest!

Cheers,

Luke