PDA

View Full Version : NSXCB Joining date

AR
19-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Just wondering how long other members been around. I still remmeber the early days ( for me ) when Kevin and Darren used to be more active on the board.

Anyone remembers the Khalid posts! LOL

Anyways just me taking a trip down memory lane.

BTW My Joining date is:

10-05-2004

I still remember the first post sheepishly asking the usual questions.

So what was yours and what events on the forums you remmeber the most!

Cheers,

Ary

Lankstarr
19-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I joined on 24-06-2005

My most memorable time was reaching 1,000 posts; so memorable I didn;t remember to congratulate myself:(

L*

TheSebringOne
19-08-2008, 09:49 PM
I started my connection or relationship on 10/01/07 :D :laugh:

The most memorable moment was Japfest 08 & being told we won best car stand on show, boring I know! :)

Silver Surfer
19-08-2008, 11:22 PM
I started my connection or relationship on 10/01/07 :D :laugh:

The most memorable moment was Japfest 08 & being told we won best car stand on show, boring I know! :)

I think it was Japfest2007

SS

DamianW
20-08-2008, 10:40 AM
I was one of the first to register on here (joined 26-01-2004) - in fact I registered before Kevin publically announced it I think. I posted on its predecessor too, the Yahoo group (where I managed to get into an argument within about 3 posts).

I enjoyed the first Castle Combe meet-up and run, which happened just a few weeks after I bought the car. It was nice to meet the owners, there was a real mix of age groups back then which I thought was good. The last few meets I went to it seemed like the average age was a lot lower, probably a sign of how much more accessible ownership has become.

jaytip
20-08-2008, 02:22 PM
The 4/4/2004 for me.When the site was very new.
Damian,are you talking about this meet?

P.S this photo was taken at the pub car park after the drive.

DamianW
20-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Probably, it will have been in 2004 anyway. I skipped the pub actually as time was pressing on by the time the run started, and we had to get home (that's my excuse for being antisocial). Was a nice day though, good turn out.

Sagacitas
20-08-2008, 05:48 PM
my joining date is 01-04-2005

I believe this is my 77th post

I keep badgering the wife to let me buy an NSX however with children and a house and the aforementioned wife things haven't worked out yet.

I am hopefull though that oneday I will own an NSX! :)

Richard

Senninha
20-08-2008, 06:34 PM
September 29th, 2005 ....twenty days after my birthday and rolling my S2k 3 times!!!

I'd been lurking as a guest for about 6 months but decided it was time to join and contribute for all the info I'd picked up

2 best bits for me ...

April 15th 2006 - the day I took ownership of S2 :cool:

On-going .... all the new friends and great people I've met through NSXCB, long may it continue! :)

Warm regards, Paul

Greybloke
20-08-2008, 06:40 PM
June 05 (apparently, had to look at my last post to verify:))

Still paying daily visits, although posting infrequently:rolleyes:

Sudesh
20-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Been an NSX owner since 1995/96 but my first join date on the Forum was 9th May 2005! But like most was a guest for a while as at that time I was looking for my 3rd NSX but ended up with a Diablo! Sold that about a year and half later and didnt buy anything special until November 07 when I bought my now current NSX which I'm planning on keeping for good.

TheSebringOne
20-08-2008, 08:50 PM
SS, 2007 it is! Just checking if you remembered! :D

Paul, rolled the S2K 3 times :eek: I trust you are 100% recovered.
Doh, the most memorable moments are test driving the car & picking it up! Memories!

Sudesh, a Diablo! Can you tell more? :)

forumadmin
21-08-2008, 05:20 AM
Well I joined the NSXCB in January 2000. Before there was a Yahoo group or web site.:cool:

I don't know if any of those at the innaugural meeting still have an NSX or not. Andrew Barwick didn't make it to the kickoff meeting, I can't remember if he was a member before that meeting or not. Anyway, he still has his NSX though he will rather be on a boat these days.

We originally met via the American email list, which came before the forums on Prime. We started with the Yahoo groups, until I caused controversy by starting the forum here. When the forum did get going, membership increased quite quickly.

In the beginning we had to post on here just to make it look like something was actually happening. It could go for weeks without a new post. Yes lately I haven't been so active, but it's hard to when I'm not using the car, and I'm not even in the same country at the moment.

I quite happy at what's been acheived. The site ticks along quite happily by itself. The standards have been maintained (compared to other forums) well. It was a fear of mine that changing to a forum system from the email lists would mean an influx of wannabe chav types that I see elsewhere, but that hasn't happened. I'm also pleased that events now get organised without my involvement. In the old days it was either me, Andrew or Mags that did all the work.

Of course there is always more that I think could be done, but then doing more means putting more energy into it as well. If the energy stops, then it will all fall apart (think other Honda club). So I think a happy balance has been achieved in that respect.

I wonder what will happen to NSXs in 10 - 20 years time? Will they all have fallen into the hands of the yoof and be modified out of recognition? Will the yoof of the future not be interested in the NSX for modding and be hopefully be looking for something else? Will the NSX become that type of classic owned the knowledgeable few, maybe bearded types, looked after and cherished like old 911's, MG's, Ferrari's etc.

markc
21-08-2008, 04:14 PM
I to go back the yahoo email list where Kevin, Andrew (Barwick), Mags, Hugo (former keeper of Senninha's S2) etc made me feel very welcome despite not owning an NSX at the time, I was Porsche mounted, even encouraging me to join them at a Goodwood trackday they were attending.

Co-incidently, back in 2001 I viewed one of the another members (Darren H) cars, a Silver/Black 1994 JDM, who had just bought himself a Diablo.. in bright yellow! He'd had a new "log cabin" style garage built to house the beast as it wouldn't fit in the standard garage (too wide) where the NSX nestled easily. While not my thing, it was most definately a statement and not a car anyone could miss :)

As Kevin observed his site is more active now than it's ever been and the current membership seem willing to participate in more events. The presence at the last 2 Japfest weekends, RingFest '08 (though the title still makes me clench ;) ), the Le Mans trackday, Dyno days and the numerous mini meets are testament to this.

With Kevin's consent it'd be good to see a few more events similar to the above. Maybe another attempt to get more of us along to a UK track day or two and/or a group participation at the previously suggested "classic" event eg Silverstone Classic weekend?

W.R.T to what will happen to NSX's in 10-20 years time. Assuming you are still allowed to use a petrol powered vehicle and said fuel is not prhibitively expensive, I suspect the "bang for buck" cost of modding the NSX will prevent too many yoof's from seeking ownership. I'd like to think it'll slip gracefully into true classic status and be sought out by knowledgeable beard'y types who'll bang on to all and sundry about it's superb engineering, the Senna connection and it's place in automotive history... just like we do now in fact :)

Cheers

Mark

TheSebringOne
21-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow Sudesh, please do you have any pics for us? :)

I enjoyed reading about the early days of NSXCB! :)

I hope the prices of NSX hit a certain lowest plateau & prohibit the uth of the future buying one to ruin/mod up & destroy a very unique piece of automotive engineering! Hopefully the rarity value should help stabilize prices & keep prices high enough!? :(

Sudesh
21-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Heres a pic of my NSX in the garage before I replaced the front spoiler and wheels to OEM.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01292.jpg

forumadmin
22-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Thread edited to keep a decent thread on topic.:rolleyes:

mutley
24-08-2008, 05:16 AM
I've been on here since Jan 06 which is when I bought my car and knew very little about the NSX apart from the fact that they were pretty rare and I wanted one. I was in the market for a fast, sporty car but wanted something better than the usual Supra/Skyline type that you see everywhere.

Although I got my car VERY cheap, there are still a lot of things to be done to it, but I wanted a project and have never looked back.

Jim

Ciaran
24-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Joined this forum in Feb '04 having been on the Yahoo group for about a year... I think I'm the only member from Ireland although their was someone from the North some years back..

Its a bit of a dog trying to get to any club events... but I would be lost without the advice & knowledge contained on this forum.. there are no NSX approved bods over here, so its pretty much diy plus assistance from Mark at Dali.

So although I don't post much (I'm a firm believer in "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all") I do very much appreciate the contributions made by all those who are in the know, either by hard work or hard luck.... (you know what I mean)

Don't ever intend to let my car go, the combination of the aluminium, the engineering and the Senna, (and not necessarily in that order) I plan on the car being a legacy..