PDA

View Full Version : over to the dark side :-)

senna786
16-08-2008, 07:48 PM
well my order has been confirmed for April 09..
It looked awsome in the flesh and the stuff Nissan are putting on for buyers is 'customer experience' heaven.
the goodies they've sent me include:

- private login to web to keep up to date on all activities and what stage in production the car is in :-)
- An invite to silverstone to do 15 laps in it - I go next week..
- A tailor made helmet for the event and you get to keep it (they sent a funky tape measure through the post to measure your head with and send them details) - cool
- 24/7 freephone customer care - it's more like a privelleged concierge service
- An invite to their open night for the UK - with food layed on

and I'm sure a lot more to come.

What great service Nissan - you have created a new 'yard stick' for customer service/interaction

And a pic of the my current drives - which I'll be getting rid of to make way for the GTR :-)

enjoy

AR
16-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Was it a Darth Vader helmet??? JK

Sudesh
17-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Really nice cars, seen a few on the roads now and I brought 2 over earlier this year from Japan for people. It is impressive in the flesh, quite nice inside and full of gadgets and guages to keep all that type happy!

However, On a personal level I'm not a massive fan, it is quick and drives beautifuly but I dont think its a real drivers car like the NSX, Its also one of those cars that you either think looks nice or it doesnt, unlike the NSX which even after 15/16 years still looks amazing and I have never heard one person say otherwise. But its all down to personal opinion I guess. I would however take the GTR over the NEW BMW M3 lol.

On a size comparison the GTR is huge comapred to the NSX.

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2008/03/NissanGTR_NSX.jpg

TheSebringOne
17-08-2008, 11:09 PM
That picture comparison says it all, even though the car is seriously quick functionally, its not a great looker and looks lardy! Also white does not suit it! Suits the NSX tho! :)

bazza
18-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Congrats buddy.. A totally different kind of car to the NSX - but one that truly deserves respect for the level of engineering and commitment by the Nissan workforce.

Maybe we'll see the new NSX on your drive too in years to come:)

Sudesh
18-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Thought this was a great display of the GTR at the motor show showing the structure of the car

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/DSC01650.jpg

Senninha
18-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Are those RE070's on the 'new' GTR? If yes then again shows Honda were correct in the thinking for the 'old' NSX-R :)

dan the man
18-08-2008, 05:49 PM
congrats senna 786. Id have one in a shot.. not exactly a lada riva is it.

Loving the pic of the chopped up GTR too

craigdonnelly
18-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Congratulations, I'm jealous!

The more I read about the GTR the more I love it! It is basically the fastest car in the real world for £50k! EVO & Autocar tested it against the 997 Turbo & GT3 and it was faster than both. The V-spec model is supposed to be quicker than a Carrera GT!

Any car that humbles ALL Porsche's for half the price is fantastic especially when they make Micra's.

Senninha
18-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Sadly its not all good news for the World beater (despite Nissan's attempts to hush it all up :no:)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110040

Hopefully you will have none of these issues as a UK import. Saw one in black and would have to say its the best color for disguising its bulk

Truly hope it lives up to your expectations as a drivers car.

Would have to say that the customer care is what you ahould expect when spending £50k++

regards, Paul

BlueNSX
18-08-2008, 09:13 PM
I don't get the fascination with this car. Next NSX meet ask for a ride in a Type S or R. there's nothing like it.

senna786
18-08-2008, 10:30 PM
seriously some of you misunderstand my reasons. The comments such as I don't get the fascination with this car and it doesn't look as good as the NSX.. are out of context.

My reasons for purchase are solely around the search of pure engineering excellence, the fact that someone - Nissan (and Honda were once upon a time there too) has built a phenomenal car, taking engineering to it's n'th degree, forgetting about ROI's and margins, etc. I recently heard they aren't going to make any money from the first 5000 units or so - it was done as an act of passion, an act of wanting to prove a point - and in my book you can't knock anyone for doing that.

I'm not after looks, if I was I would be looking at a ferrari 275 GTB or the california :-)

And the point about i should take a seat in a type s or R - I have been in both (you should take a go in the SL65AMG - that will get your hair standing on end!). I owned a NA2 model and loved it but time takes it toll and engineering strives to another level so quickly, you get left behind with nothing but a 'classic'. The NSX was one of the best cars i owned, I even liked it over the 997 C2S.
But my loyalty is only to purist engineering acomplishments that set a new 'yard stick' for the competition - that's why i am getting a GTR

PS: the comment about don't get the fascination with this car, is way out ;-)
i think you need to wake up and smell the coffee

now for some real engineering passion - a short video I took while i was getting my car serviced and seen this machine getting tuned in the bay next to me. dunno if i've shared with you lot before, but enjoy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t67N7rmuaBs

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

simonprelude
18-08-2008, 10:55 PM
The new GTR is a technological breakthrough, that cannot be argued.
The price seems to make a mockery of the competition.

What will it be like to drive daily, only time will tell that one.
I was invited to Nissan this week to drive one but couldn't make it unfortunately.

JQD84983
19-08-2008, 12:21 AM
I have to say great choice and great colour! I love the fact it kicks Porsches butt for 1/2 the price.

I do think the NSX v GTR comparison is a bit chalk and cheese. One is a sports saloon and one is a sports car. No doubt in average hands the GTR would be quicker.

Time will tell how the GTR ages but you are in the best place to find out behind the wheel! For my two penneth if it ages as well as the Skyline you should be fine. But some way to go v the NSX.

Good luck. April will seem a way off. Hope to see one in the metal soon.

NoelWatson
19-08-2008, 06:20 AM
seriously some of you misunderstand my reasons. The comments such as I don't get the fascination with this car and it doesn't look as good as the NSX.. are out of context.

My reasons for purchase are solely around the search of pure engineering excellence, the fact that someone - Nissan (and Honda were once upon a time there too) has built a phenomenal car, taking engineering to it's n'th degree, forgetting about ROI's and margins, etc. I recently heard they aren't going to make any money from the first 5000 units or so - it was done as an act of passion, an act of wanting to prove a point - and in my book you can't knock anyone for doing that.

I'm not after looks, if I was I would be looking at a ferrari 275 GTB or the california :-)

And the point about i should take a seat in a type s or R - I have been in both (you should take a go in the SL65AMG - that will get your hair standing on end!). I owned a NA2 model and loved it but time takes it toll and engineering strives to another level so quickly, you get left behind with nothing but a 'classic'. The NSX was one of the best cars i owned, I even liked it over the 997 C2S.
But my loyalty is only to purist engineering acomplishments that set a new 'yard stick' for the competition - that's why i am getting a GTR

PS: the comment about don't get the fascination with this car, is way out ;-)
i think you need to wake up and smell the coffee

now for some real engineering passion - a short video I took while i was getting my car serviced and seen this machine getting tuned in the bay next to me. dunno if i've shared with you lot before, but enjoy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t67N7rmuaBs

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

"(you should take a go in the SL65AMG - that will get your hair standing on end!). "

It is a 1900kg automatic barge. Had the chance to drive one last week but it didn't appeal

Rob_Fenn
19-08-2008, 09:31 AM
I think they are amazing for the price, and as said an engineering marvel. It is the ultimate daily driver really, but like most modern cars cannot interact with the drive well enough to be true drivers car IMO. Its not pretty but i still think it looks good in its own way...

Have fun at the event. UK deposits are taken to Silverstone, whilst European would be buyers get taking to the 'Ring! Lucky buggers. Funny how you say its great customer service... they're doing it because they're way behind and are desperate to keep those deposits! ;) I know a few instructors who will be there on your day and they think its a great car from what they've told me.

Have fun.

senna786
19-08-2008, 01:37 PM
UK buyers have also got the opportunity to register for the 'Ring event - only problem is the tuition is in German - so I opted for UK, plus it's easier...

In terms of not shifting the numbers, I have heard information on the contrary - infact they have exceeded their sales forecasts up until 2010. If a UK buyer was to place a deposit today, they would get a delivery date of Nov 2010 - now that is a long wait...

Also the customer service/experience laid on is unrivalled by any other main stream manufacturer - it's not that they are struggling to sell or the comment earlier around "that is what you'd expect for a car over £50k" - I don't see Porsche, Lambo or the Ferrari's of this world doing that for their customers.

I have been truly impressed with their approach..

Oh, and another thing, the open night in London was a sight to see - most of the pre-ordered customers (about 80%) were all Porsche drivers.

Yes, April 09 is a long wait - but I have the time in between to enjoy the pleasures of Porsche and Merc before I embark on my new mission of loyalty to the best produced car in the world!

PS: I adore the NA2 NSX and will have another one day as part of my collection - but it will most definitely be a NA2 typeR - have already been enquiring about purchase etc over the past year or so. Just feel they are overpriced esp with the exchange rate. (Bazza, feel free to let me know when you come across any)

Ironically, my favorite out of all my current cars is still the DC2 type R - One car I can never get bored of driving and one I will hang onto while the others will come and go (apart from the VW mk1)

cheers
have a good day

dan the man
19-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Loving the DC2 R comment.

The era of genius :)