PDA

View Full Version : NSX 3.2 Coupe First Impressions

W2NSX
11-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Well, I have owned W2 for a week now and thought I should post my first impressions of driving the car. Due to other commitments the car spent the first 5 days in the garage, but this past weekend I got to spend some time with the car and setting it up for me, the seat, mirrors, wheel and the tire pressures all got tweaked to suit me. The car feels very solid but compliment on the road and the engine very tractable just moving along with the traffic. But this is a jekyll & hyde car, get the engine spinning above 4.5 and the induction note takes on a deeper roar as it gulps in gallons of air and the needle races around to the redline, the gear shift is absolutely fantastic snicking into gear with ease and a nice short throw, the ratio's are nicely spaced and suit the characteristics of the engine well. It's definitely a quick car and the reports of the lack of ultimate horsepower not being borne out when driving the car are evident from behind the wheel The car corners flat and with very little dive under normal road driving. The rack could be a bit quicker, but that's about it, the rest is just great.

Then there's the looks, there is nothing else like it, my neighbours 17 year old son came round the first day it sat on the drive and looked at it in awe, the guy up the road who collects old Jags came down and introduced himself, having seen me drive it home. wanting to admire and question me on it's origins having never seen one in the flesh before. Even my 15 year daughter likes it's looks!

The car prior to coming into my ownership had been languishing in the recess's of a motorsport storage garage, but after some protracted negotiations with the previous owner it became mine, in fact I'm sure the previous owner didn't really want to part with the car as he still has a memento, which needs to be reunited with the car.

Aside from a good clean and a fresh battery it runs as Honda intended, a true testament to the workmanship that went into the design and production.

So if you are still hesitating, don't. Just find a straight car with history and a stack of bills and enjoy what is truly a great car.

Senninha
12-08-2008, 06:20 AM
Nice intro and always nice to hear from new members. I know the car and look forward to seeing it again sometime soon

regards, Paul

gsuds
12-08-2008, 12:40 PM
So if you are still hesitating, don't. Just find a straight car with history and a stack of bills and enjoy what is truly a great car.

Like mine! ;)

Graham

TheSebringOne
13-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Great introduction and write up! Welcome to this merry club and hope you enjoy it for many years to come! :thumbsup: It will keep you smiling everytime you drive her! :bigsmile:

Poland_NSX
31-08-2008, 12:10 PM
+1 nice ;)