PDA

View Full Version : Another NSX replacement update?

Silver Surfer
06-08-2008, 10:50 PM
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/225363/next_nsx_set_for_supercar_battle.html

SS

TheSebringOne
06-08-2008, 11:48 PM
We all heard it before! Its the CAD designers having a play! When the next NSX is officially revealed by Honda, then we will see! Its side profile has a look of the 350Z as in the zebra prototype recently seen at the Ring!

jaytip
07-08-2008, 01:57 AM
In those renditions it looks OK from the back,but it looks pig ugly from the front :no:

Kevin
07-08-2008, 04:24 AM
The pictures do resemble the car being tested at the Ring. It does have the current Honda family look, and edgy design. Which could be a bad thing, who wants to spend 100k on a car that does look like a Honda? Sound familar?

I hope the figures are wrong. 600bhp now? I thought the realistic figure was 550. Again, for a GT who wants a high revving engine with no torque?

The price, yes it may be 250kg lighter than the GTR, but twice the price? You don't complete with other cars like Astons and Maserati's just by charging the same money.

Anyone else have a sense of NSX deja vue?

simonprelude
07-08-2008, 09:26 AM
I think the major issue is that this car doesn't seem to be in front of the competition, even if it turns out to be, slightly better than the rest, it's not going to be the breakthrough that the NSX was :(

Will it sell.................... sorry I don't think so :(
But I'd like to be proved wrong.

Anyone else have a sense of NSX deja vue?

Midnight Blue
07-08-2008, 11:59 AM
I can't help thinking that if Honda cannot get existing NSX owners excited by the carefully leaked "spy" photos and details, they will have little success trying to sell it to the unenlightened masses.

Cheers,

Andy

BlueNSX
07-08-2008, 01:01 PM
From my understanding the final concept will be based on what the Americans think:no:

I have it on good authority from someone in Honda that the HSC Concept was shelved to to a poor response from the US Market.

Heaven help us If the "US" dictates a car design - We'll all be driving cars that look Crap and handle like crap. Sorry no offence to anyone intended.

Blu

Silver Surfer
07-08-2008, 01:27 PM
All this means is that our NSX will remain exclusive with no real alternative replacement....I'll keep it for a lot longer!!! :)

SS

AR
07-08-2008, 01:42 PM
looks like a bloody Hiunday ( sp? ) coupe that's been to halfords and the local exhaust shop!

Papalazarou
07-08-2008, 03:17 PM
looks like a bloody Hiunday ( sp? ) coupe that's been to halfords and the local exhaust shop!

That's what I thought.

Perhaps it will look better in real life??!!!!##

Cheers,

James.

TheSebringOne
07-08-2008, 07:00 PM
I thought the twin round/oval stacked zorst on the hot Lexus & Fezza Calif were all wrong, but twin stacked square/rectangle are so cheap & Vectra SRish! :eek::thumbsdown: (no disrespect to any Griffin owners)

AR
07-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Just look at the gimmicky ones on the latest CTR.

Nick Graves
09-08-2008, 06:11 PM
The Acura GT5000 is reputed to be about the mass of a Gallardo and with SH-AWD should be an absolutely brilliant car for the Playwithyourselfstationgeneration.

It's probably too wide and too fast and too numb/uninvolving for me and I'm sure I'll be far happier with the old Acura/Honda NSX. Cars were simply better fun and more practical in the 1990s.

Chalk and cheese, but remember this is a flagship (or flashpig) Honda; I fully expect it will be brilliant and worth the huge price differential over the Nissan GT-R.

Senninha
09-08-2008, 10:31 PM
The Acura GT5000 is reputed to be about the mass of a Gallardo and with SH-AWD should be an absolutely brilliant car for the Playwithyourselfstationgeneration.

It's probably too wide and too fast and too numb/uninvolving for me and I'm sure I'll be far happier with the old Acura/Honda NSX. Cars were simply better fun and more practical in the 1990s.

Chalk and cheese, but remember this is a flagship (or flashpig) Honda; I fully expect it will be brilliant and worth the huge price differential over the Nissan GT-R.
nuff said ... I believe this now closes the discussion :)