PDA

View Full Version : NSX OEM CD Changer & Bracket

W2NSX
06-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Anybody have an original NSX CD changer & mounting bracket that they want to sell.
Please pm me with details

Thanks

Lankstarr
07-08-2008, 05:32 AM
Congratulations on the purchase!

Most of the later cars came with cd players as standard and I think there's one in W2. If it's broken then there are some common faults that are easily fixed and some very knowledgable people on here will help you.

L*

W2NSX
08-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Congratulations on the purchase!

Most of the later cars came with cd players as standard and I think there's one in W2. If it's broken then there are some common faults that are easily fixed and some very knowledgable people on here will help you.

L*

Thanks, there is indeed one in the car, which works fine. It's mounted flat and I want to fit an original one with the brackect that mounts it vertically.

Clive
10-08-2008, 11:26 AM
I have a OEM changer (from a 1996 car) but not all of the bracketry. The 1996 player was fitted in my current 1996 one owner car so I know it hasn't been mucked about with. However, I exchanged it for the one I took it out of equally one owner 1999 car, which now sits in my 1996 car. Probably not clear at all!

duncan
11-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Whilst the [initial?] CD players were badged with an NSX logo, they were Alpine units, all series S600, upgraded with the passage of time. Currently Alpine produce a Cd player ref CHM S630 and a CD/Mp3 player ref CHA S634 both of which have compatibility with the head unit. They would be completely plug and play if Honda hadn't altered the wiring of one of the leads in the DIN type socket in the boot to which they connect. An adapter plug is available, and may even be in place as you already have a CD unit. If you go the CHA S634 route you will additionally need an Alpine Ai-Net to M-Bus connector ref KCA-130B.

nigel
15-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Check with Barry. I got one from him a while ago for a great price and it's still going strong.
I had to buy my own bracket through Honda and it was $90 US.

Cheers
nigel

PeteM
16-08-2008, 10:29 AM
I might have a bracket somewhere, I will have a look this weekend and get back to you.

Regards Pete.