PDA

View Full Version : Driving on the Continent

Flinty
04-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Does anyone know if you can easily attach headlight patches (to stop dazzling oncoming Frenchies) when travelling on the Continent ??

I hear there may be a problem with Xenon or Halogen headlights - ie something to do with the headlight pattern ?

Can I use the standard patches from any Halfords type shop ?

Thanks - ps. i'm leaving tomorrow am !! :roll:

Flinty

maxf
04-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Good to see you are taking it over!

I didn;t bother last year for le mans, but didn't drive at night. As far as I'm aware the standard 'triangular' shaped stickers will be ok. Don't forget you officially should have a warning triangle and spare bulbs as well - although many don't bother. And leave the radar detector at home - madame gillotine if caught with one of those.

Enjoy the drive!

Flinty
04-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the advice Max.

Warning Triangle sorted, headlight strips being sorted, bulbs - they wont blow, it's a Honda.....

Speeding ? Moi ? Not me Orrificer

Martyn27_uk
04-05-2005, 10:01 PM
I used to stick bits of carpet fixing tape over what I thought might be the right part of the lens but then my mechanic bloke told me not to bother on the grounds that the NSX's headlamp beams are pretty much flat across the top, with nothing much in the way of an upward kink to dazzle the oncoming cheese-munching surrender monkey in the rue. So now I just set the headlights to their lowest angle setting. I also tend to use the driving lights / sidelights for city driving across the Channel rather than the pop-ups.

nicjwin
12-05-2005, 09:15 PM
i have taken the nsx over a few times never worried about the blackouts on the headlights. although i do have the headlight protectors from dali as replacement over there might be difficult
nick

14-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Ever seen a continental car (or truck) driving in Britain with head light patches? Over here they don’t even know what they are...

And Martyn is right, the NSX headlights are pretty flat for some reason.

And the extra bulbs you bring with you don’t actually have to fit an NSX, you just have to have “bulbs“...
And unless you go to Holland, you will see very few police here at all, so there is nobody to going to stop you to ask if you have bulbs.
Welcome to “Europe”.

peter