PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Alarm / transmitter Problem!

WhyOne?
03-08-2008, 05:35 AM
Help please!

I replaced the battery on one of the transmitters for the Cobra alarm on the NSX and it no longer works. Thankfully, I have a second one which still does which will not be having its battery changed for the time being).

Given the amount of red light flashing the transmitter fob it did after I fitted the new battery, I am guessing it needs to be re-associated with the alarm unit in some way, but bugger me if I can work out how.

The alarm was fitted to the car when I bought it, and I have no instructions....I don't even know the model no. All I know is it has circular black transmitter units, with 2 unevenly sized grey oval buttons, and a single red LED light.

I have contacted Cobra, but no relpy yet.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

sportyking
03-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Ian,
when I e-mailed Cobra for the little grey rubber thingies that go on the keyring they were very helpful so I'm sure they will come up trumps. I did think there was a receipt for the cobra somewhere in the paperwork but maybe that was for the other thingy fitted. Possibly best way is to look for a local agent amongst the stereo/alarm shops in the area and drive in to ask. Good to see the car is still going well.

eclipse1501
04-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Just looking at my Cobra remote right now.... it sounds the same model although fitted a long long time ago with the immobiliser so I will watch this thread with interest. Noticed my Cobra takes a few goes to activate/open particularly when its stinking hot...but when its cool opens first time. Never changed a battery yet on the NSX and also have no instructions either but Iam sure the remote coding should not be affected. I had a Cobra on a Mitsubishi and when I changed the batteries there was no problem. Hope you get sorted out.

WhyOne?
08-08-2008, 11:33 AM
OK, I have now heard back from both Cobra tech. support and an independent fitter. Even better - they both offer the same solution:

Stand by the car, press BOTH buttons on the remote.

Wait until the light on the remote stops flashing.

Release both buttons,

wait 1 second then press big button,

wait 1 second press big button again.....

I have yet to try this as Y1 is safely tucked away in advance of my hol's, so will post back in early Sept. with a further update.