PDA

View Full Version : Servicing in the west

Clive
31-07-2008, 01:10 PM
My NSX needs some fluid changes: oil, coolant and brakes. Nothing else, apart from the MoT. Historically, it's been taken to Marshalls in Reading (now Clover Leaf Cars) but with the departure of Scott to Honda UK, there seems little point in doing this when the distance is over 100 miles each way and they can no longer offer an "NSX trained" experience.

In order to retain a Honda dealership stamp in the service book, can any of you recommend a dealership that is worth taking the car to in the North Bristol/S Glos/W Glos area. I need somebody who A) knows what they are doing, B) treats the car as though its made of cut glass crystal, C) doesn't decide that it would be a good idea to see "what it does", and D)doesn't mind me being present to ensure that all of the above are carried out properly. I may be the customer from hell but it's my car and if I feel protective about it that's my perogative!

ps I'll take the car to Norton Way for the cam belt in due course.

PeteM
01-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Hi Clive,

It might be a bit out of your way but I can recommend Howards Honda in Taunton Somerset.

They have just serviced my car which included cambelt, waterpump, tensioner, bottom pully, camplugs, camseals, adjusting the tappets, sparkplugs, coolant change and brake fluid Incl Abs system.

They are not one of the so called Honda UK " Nsx approved " garages but the standard of head technician Matt's work speaks for itself. They did a fantastic job on my Nsx and are very helpfull.

Speak to Paul Hancock (Service Manager) and see what they can do for you.

Tel 01823 273400
E-mail paul.hancock@howardsgroup.co.uk

Regards

Pete.

Senninha
01-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Drop a pm to AR (http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/member.php?u=66) and Papalazarou (http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/member.php?u=323)

My goegraphy is not great but I believe they are close to you and both have had good service experience so may be able to help

HTH, Paul

PS, Brian and his team at Nortons ar very professional IMO

Papalazarou
03-08-2008, 06:38 PM
I also go to Howards Taunton and they're very good, not expensive and are enthusiastic about the cars. They did the cambelt and water pump on my last NSX.
Alternatively, you could try the dealer at Cribbs Causeway near Bristol. More expensive but possibly more central for you.

Cheers,

James.